Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Newbie !!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Food Diaries' started by Karen37, 21 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Karen37

Karen37 Member

Hi i'm Karen, and new to this site, i have been on WW now for 4 weeks and have lost 81/2 lb, i am a little bit confused about the extra 49 points i'm told i can have each week, as yet i have not touched them, as i am sure i would never lose anything if i had them as well, can anybody tell me what they do with the extra 49, thanks, Karen

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgehog13

Hedgehog13 Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.11%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints
    Hi Karen
    I'm a newbie too!
    I think the 49 points are additional ones you can have at any point during the week - i.e. you could have 7 extra per day or 49 extra all in 'one go'. These are on top of the 29 (or however much) points you have every day.
    In my mind I will probably use them if I'm going out or fancy a 'treat'...
    ...ooh I hope someone else who knows more than me comes along soon for you! x

4. Karen37

Karen37 Member

Thankyou Hedgehog for that, i am still a bit reluctant to have them though, what i dont understand is, that i have been given 29 pp per day but on the other hand, i could actually have 36 per day if i wanted to, bit off putting, i feel guilty if i accidently have 30 instead of 29, ha, maybe i will think differently about them if i do some excersize, thanks again xx

5. Hedgehog13

Hedgehog13 Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.11%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints
    Could it be that lots of people (myself included) usually have a 'blow out' after weigh in, and giving us these 'extra' points means we can do so without the associated guilt? We're just saving up all week in a way?

6. kezzalicious30

kezzalicious30 Kerry's pregnancy diary

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(11.66%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    u shouldn't feel guilty about having the extra 49, even if u maybe just had half of them? A lot of people say they don't have good losses if they just stick to the 29. You've also got to think if u start ur body off not having the 49 for weeks it will get used to it, so the weeks u end up using some u may not lose, if u get what I mean? 29 is the minimum u should b having! Think of it this way, most of the food on the old system is more or less half of what it is now, say a jacket pot used to b 2 n half n now it's 5! so really we've only got a extra 9 than the old system. Not everything is doubled obviously but a lot of things are! Try having 20 or something! Hope this makes sense, I do ramble on xx

7. Karen37

Karen37 Member

Hi Kezzalicios, thanks for that, yes it does make alot more sense now, before i was allowed 19 points i think so now at 29 i do only get 10 pp more and your right, alot of things are doubled, cheers for that xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.