newbie!!

Rashers33

I everyone i am starting CD on weds!! I have to lose 3 stone to be able to have IVF for the longed for baby me and partner have been trying for years to have. After all the tests and drugs i could take it seems IVF is going to be our only option!! Am hoping this forum will help me get through and lose the weight i need to!!
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome =D This forum has been a life saver for me and got me through my first 3 weeks so you could not of come to a better place =) Good luck on your journey you have got a very important goal your aiming for so thats already great motivation.

Hi Rashers - Fab name btw :)
Welcome :) You will really enjoy it on here - everyone is so friendly and supportive !! Im on day 6 on the diet - its going ok, but ill be honest imfinding it quite hard not eating haha !! My diary is full of ups and downs whch im sure you will face, keep updating you diary wiht your thoughts - good and bad, i think it will help, it really helps me :) Hope you will do great - with such an important goal for you to aim for im sure you will :) Best of luck and behind you all the way :) x

Hey thanks for your messages of support!! It will definately help me!! Can anyone help me with why i am denied access to messages and my profile?? Am i doing something wrong?? Lol

You can only add an avatar after 20 posts and then only view your profile after 50 posts i think.

Oh right, thank u very much!! Im a bit nervous about starting on weds! How will i cope without food, its such a massive part of everyday life isnt it!! Luckily my lovely hubby is starting with me as he has put a bit of weight on lately abd ge wants to support and help me!! So am quite happy i dont have to make him dinner whilst having my shakes!!

I was the same hunny, and everytime i asked my cousin what its like she was so vague (she has done this diet sucsessfully before) Ill be honest - i found it a little hard, you will be hungry and probably be in a bad mood, but you are so lucky you have your hubby starting with you - you can support each other - not that im an expert, but if the last week has taught me anything heres my tips ....
1. drink ALL the time - water - hot, cold, fizzy, with ice ect.
2. If you can have your first shake as late as you can in the morning, this helps spread them out for the day
3. go to bed early - im most hungry at night so i try go to bed around 9ish
4. plan things to keep you busy, a long bath, a walk, nip to ikea ect
5. update your diary on here - its helped me through lots of iccy situations this past week :)
6. try all the flavours open to you, i made a mistake of not trying the soups and REGRET it now, flavours you dont fancy you may love and visaversa :)
Take care and let us know how you do :) Hope you do great :) xx

Last day tomo before i start CD on weds!! I feel like eating everything before im not allowed to!! Lol

Hello, due to meet a consultant on Saturday in hope to start Monday after , I'm feeling the same il nervous but at same time I can't wait, I've been extra bad lately I keep thinking I will have this mc Donalds cos it's my last chance the list go on not good need to stop that! Anyway I been going through posts trying to get information, it's not going be easy but reading these posts are making me think about it and getting lots of tips. Can you have chewing gum? I have a problem I love coke the drink and I think this going to be hard not to drink as I get headaches anyone else find hard to just drink water?

Good Luck girls!! I'm on day 12 and i've had one bad day but the rest were fine! I don't get hungry and according to my scales it might be a stone in 2 weeks :) Happy days!

You can't have gum but can have mouth spray - also peppermint tea is great for smelly breath when Ketosis kicks in!

And i HATE water, i am a Pepsi max lover! But i pushed myself. I add one teaspoon of berry water flavoring to a 2 liter bottle of sparkling water and once i have drunk that i allow myself one can of coke zero. It's working i'm not craving coke as much as i was! x

Oh that good to know I was told you not allowed coke at all ! I don't normally chew gum so that no problem. I drink any form of coke diet normal , Pepsi, coca cola ha ha I guess it's something I can discuss at my meeting if I had 1 a day I think it would satisfy me but going without all day I can feel the headache all ready . Thanks for the advice x

Some CDC don't like you to have coke but IF you do, it should be coke zero so you don't come out of Ketosis. I'm pretty certain after 12 days of limiting myself i can now go a WHOLE day without coke which 2 weeks ago would have been a miracle :) x

I try my best to go cold turkey but if I can't then sneaking one can in wont hurt too much I guess. Have you had good losses every week ? X

Only on day 12 but i did it 2 years ago and still drunk coke and lost 3 stone in 2 months :) x

Oh that would be great I weigh about 13.9 at moment so I'm hoping to go down to ten ish , I tried all sorts of diets before and I give in I think the temptation of being able to have treats on ww and sw made me crave more which is why I thought totally restricting the food to shakes etc was a good plan x

I everyone i am starting CD on weds!! I have to lose 3 stone to be able to have IVF for the longed for baby me and partner have been trying for years to have. After all the tests and drugs i could take it seems IVF is going to be our only option!! Am hoping this forum will help me get through and lose the weight i need to!!
X

Hey Rashers,

I am also losing weight for fertility treatment. To me thats a massive motivation as I know I am the only one standing in my way really.

I'm sure you'll be fine and it's better if your partner is doing it too. Just keep thinking why you are choosing this diet and will any food temptation really be worth delaying your treatment.

Best of luck xxx

Hey chunkystreet,
Good luck to u too!! We will get there in the end!! Let me know how u r getting on!
Xx

Right am off to see my CDC and get all the shakes for the first week!! Feeling a little apprehensive!!

Good luck for your first day tomorrow.

Hey! Just been catching up! Good luck for tonight! I second the trying things you wouldnt normally like. I hate mushroom, but the chicken and mushroom soup I do like. :)

Back