pinkfizzlez

Just wanted to say a quick hi, I have been looking through the forums and everyone seems so inspirational, this is my 1st day and so far so good, had my chocolate crisp shake for breakfast (around 11.30am) and it was surprisingly yummy, just sat down now with a cup of tea and a truffa bar (amazing how many pieces u can cut 1 bar into :p) it is soooo rich, i am surprised this is a diet bar and again yummy!

I have been looking at all the ideas for the meals and I was planning on broccoli, cauliflower and prawns with mac cheese poured over the top for tonight but have a quick question, I am using 3 packets a day so should i be having the protein part or just the vegetables?

Anyway Day 1 isnt half as bad as i expected, but im still only halfway throught I guess :p

I have 118lbs to lose ideally so im gonna be here for sometime and it would be great to make some friends along the way :)

Nikki x

Hi Nikki, and welcome. If you have 3 packs you must have the protein but the vegetables and milk are the optional elements. I do quite well on 3 meals a day as you are planning but you might want to leave some of the prawns or a bit of the veg allowance so that you have some cucumber of something to snack on later on in the evening when the munchies might strike. Once ketosis hits it's not too bad but eating little and often makes it bearable in the first few days. If you do have a crunch moment and can't stand it then just have an additional pack that day. Much better than reaching for the carbs as you'll be back to square 1 in terms of getting into ketosis if you do that.

Good luck!

Hi Nikki, good luck with it! I'm 7 weeks in and over 2 stone lighter so feeling great!
The idea is to have 4 'meals' per day so that's either 4 packs or 3 packs plus protein. You can add the veg to either option, I love it as I use a knife and fork to eat but everyone is different.
Keep everyone posted on how you're doing, it does help to have support x

Hi pinkfizzlez,

just sat down now with a cup of tea and a truffa bar (amazing how many pieces u can cut 1 bar into :p) it is soooo rich, i am surprised this is a diet bar and again yummy!

Lol I know right! :D I thought the bar was quite small but after cutting into small pieces it seemed bigger.

Anyway Day 1 isnt half as bad as i expected, but im still only halfway throught I guess :p

I am on day 3 and found it quite easy so far, despite the headache. I think it's because the meals have been surprisingly quite nice... great help!

Good luck on your journey!

Thanks for the replies girls :) Im semi excited for my lil packet of astronaut food as my 8yr old daughter calls them lol, im worried about cooking for the kids tonight tho so wish me luck!

pinkfizzle i know what u mean, though cooking it's fine i think it's the left overs :-O i use to pour washing liquid over it right away and then put it in the bin, not saying that i've ever started raiding the bins for food, but once i put the washing liquid on it, i knew then there was no way i could touch it lmao

pinkfizzle i know what u mean, though cooking it's fine i think it's the left overs :-O i use to pour washing liquid over it right away and then put it in the bin, not saying that i've ever started raiding the bins for food, but once i put the washing liquid on it, i knew then there was no way i could touch it lmao

LMAO I'm actually that hungry right now I couldnt honestly say I wouldn't raid the bin :p

Good luck :)

I haven't started yet but from reading this forum think we have made the right choice. I def like the idea of the packs with vegetables too, or using the soups as sauces over chicken and veg.

Good luck :)

I haven't started yet but from reading this forum think we have made the right choice. I def like the idea of the packs with vegetables too, or using the soups as sauces over chicken and veg.

I am currently eating the macaroni cheese pack poured over broccoli and cauliflower with a few prawns for my protein option, I have to say its quite surprising, although the little pieces of pasta that are in it do seem a little crunchy, tomorrow I plan on a cooked pepper with the chilli food pack stuffed inside, if its as satisfying as this meal then I do believe this diet is going to be a tad easier than first anticipated :D

You should probably leave the macaroni to stand a bit to help it soften up a bit. The chilli (the one in the white pack as opposed to silver) needs a few minutes to soak too as the kidney beans can be a bit crunchy otherwise.

The chilli is lovely some have it with a largest baked mushroom
:)

Back