Newbie!

ticktock

Hello!!

Dont know much about JUDDD but I have started it lol! started on Sunday after quitting slim&save. Was on VLCD for 3wks and lost 13lb but missed eating! and felt like a recluse! Am useless with calories so 'loosl'y following JUDDD for next 18 days, then having wk off for holiday and plan on looking into it a bit more and sticking to it 100% after holiday.

Really need to sign up to my fitness pal or something to keep track of cals!. Am making spag bol for dinner tonight and tbh the thought of having to weigh and count everything and then portion it and count again fills me with dread! so for now I am not bothering :) I read on JUDDD site that you can eat whatever on UD but on LCF forum they insist you need to count cals as going a cpl hundred under or over on UD will affect your loss...anyone else have any thoughts on this??

Ps wasnt hungry at all on meal replacement diet but been starving all wk, today is UD, had breakfast, appl and lunch and tummy rumbling again! however will I cope tomorrow when DD?! xx

Hi ticktock and welcome to the JUDDD forum! Don't worry about counting cals on an up day to begin with - it's more important to make sure your DD cals are as low as possible. I never count cals on an UD and am doing fine.

Good luck with your first DD tomorrow x

Hi,

tomorrow will be my 3rd DD as I started Sunday but I have been getting hungrier as the week goes on!! hopefully I will do better tomorrow as my DD yesterday was meant to be 363 cals and I had 800!! x

really must keep cals under 500 :) I struggled with DD which is why I bought cheap S'n'S shakes, got 112 for £77 :) cheap cos on their BBE date, but these packs are still good until 3 months after, only draw back is that they are a mixture of strawberry and banana but palatable enough and starting to like the strawberry one. I would say a good thing to do on a UD is too eat as normally as possible, breakfast, lunch and tea as you would normally do, I tend to eat fairly healthily, porridge for breakfast, baked potato and something on top for lunch, and tea usually depends on what I fancy :) I tend to go out for a meal once a fortnight. Still I have to give this diet a bit of time at least 3 months to see how well it works. I find too that I am quite hungry but it does takes 2 weeks on alternating days until you feel ok and not hungry on DD. Make a point to stick to the 500cal limit on DD as thats the most important part that makes this diet work :) GL

How u doing tick tick ?

Hi and welcome to our little group ;) Firstly like already said try to keep your down days to under 500 cals, on your up days make sure you eat your cal allowance, mine is officially 2200 and after eating next to nothing on my DD I find that an enormous amount of cals and always seem to be eating. I am being fairly strict about my up day cals at the moment as I am trying to avoid too much gain after swapping from vlcd, but I will more or less eat freely next week.
I also only do 3 DD a week Mon, Weds and Fri, I always have 2 Up days on the weekend (it says on the website this is allowed), I find Sun usually turns into intermediate but still have what I feel like. When I started it in Jan I lost 7lbs first week and then 2lbs a week for the next 3 weeks, so I know this diet works, I was chuffed to bits with 2lb a week loss when I was eating freely for 4 days a week! Stick with low DD its only a day and enjoy your UP days thats the secret to success with Juddd.
Good luck and keep us posted.

ETA I also find on the American sites they seem to follow low carb JUDDD, this is not something which is mentioned on the official website for me, eating what you fancy is what makes this diet perfect for me so I do just that and remember on a DD its cals that matter not whether they are low carb or not, its not a low carb diet its an alternate day diet so you do just that, give yourself more freedom food wise and you will find it a whole lot easier x

Hi Dannii, am doing ok today thanks..so far lol!! DD's so much easier to add up calories, plan on having 3 s&s products so know thats around 400cals, bit of milk and bit of salad too, so around 500cals today, not the 363 I am meant to have tho! hope I dont crack and end up eating something else like I did Tuesday!

Up days are harder as I have no idea on cals and really dont want to add them up! I am also not writing anything down but plan to after holiday.
what do you think of yesterdays menu? was meant to be 1900 cals...
breakfast: 1 1/2 buttered toast
lunch: corned beef & salad sandwich, apple
snack: 1/2 cheese sandwich
dinner: medium plate homemade spag bol
snacks: 3 1/2 homemade white choc & raisen cookies..oops!

I weighed this morning and have gained 2lb since last weigh day (Thursday) which isnt so bad considering I have eaten what I wanted another 5 of the days, only stuck to s&s Sunday and Tuesday!...2lb on not as bad as I thought! hopefully if i eat this way for the next 2wks then that 2lb will come off?? One bad thing I have noticed since quitting s&s is I have gotton bigger! jeans tight but hubby said 2lb wouldnt make much difference but I feel bigger and look it, measured this morning and gained 1 1/2" on every measurement!! NOT GOOD! xx

Hi Bajoleth, is that american forum low carb friends? I have been on there and they are very strict about adding calories! will get my head round it at some point lol xx

Yep thats the one, don't feel guilty about your cookies, enjoy your up days and stick to your down days and it will work I promise. I have chocolate on my up days. I know its hard to get your head around the up days but it will get easier the longer you are on it. With the DD if I feel like something then I just say to muyself that I can have it tomorrow, one day at a time is so much easier. Thats why you need to be strict on your Downs but eat well on your Ups, I am not saying have 3000 cals but eat what you feel like and it will come to much less. After eating under 500 cals what you eat on an Up can seem a lot but it its probably not as much as you think. Remember you are NOT on a diet everyday so don't 'diet' on your up days. This is the easiest diet I have ever done because I enjoy my up days and still lose the weight. Stick with it you will be fine ;)

Why am I struggling so much with DD's?! how can i have done 21 days of them on s&s yet cant do 1 now! had s&s shake for breakfast, ww soup, milk in coffee and was on 250cals...then had a buttered muffin and a penguin and going out for dinner! rapidly regaining weight i lost :eek:( Think i am just gonna give up trying for 500cals and just eat best as I can for next 2wks :eek:( why is losing weight soooo hard!! xx

Just turn today into an up day and tomorrow into a down day, simples ;)

Hi Bajoleth, congrats on losing 2lb! amazing to lose when eating and just coming off vlcd!! I only regained 1lb, which I cant believe!! had i think 3 kindof dd's last wk and the rest were very up lol, on dd today but like i said not being strict till after holiday just trying to maintain...have 2 s&s products and a ww meal..am at work so hoping girls dont order pizza again lol

Looking forward to giving JUDDD a proper go after holiday..its definately working with maintenance just doing it loosely! xx

Well done on the 1lb that really is an achievement, when I came off S+S last year I gained 11 lbs in a week so I know how much of an achievement a 1lb gain is. I have a feeling a lot of mine was retained water as TOTM last week and just a 1lb loss, but I am taking the 2lbs anyway, really delighted. I am sure you will love Juddd as much as I do when you get into it, there is a lady on one of the American websites who lost about 5 stones on Juddd and now her maintenence program consists of 1 DD a week and she has kept it off for about a year. I am quite happy to lose 2 lb a week if it means I only diet for 3 days a week and maintenence of 1 DD sounds like a dream to me.
Good luck this week even if you are just trying to maintain before Hols its a great plan ;)

Thanks, 2lb a wk sounds good to me too..esp as means can still eat out, have cake & chocolate etc! Didnt quite manage under 500cals today as ended up having bread and butter with my ww meal..never mind! Let me know how u get on next wk, really want to hear how ppl are doing..will help me make my mind up whether to do s&s or juddd! x

Back