Patricia32

Hey everyone im new to this diet, i start it tomorrow and im really excited but also scared that i won't be able to stick to it. Is there any advice you guys can give me :)

Hi Patricia,

Welcome to the forum. Water, water and more water is my advice! Make sure you are drinking between 3 and 4 litres a day if possible. (No more than 4 litres- thats the maximum). Be ready for a tough few days during the first week, you'll need to be strong on those days but remember it does get easier. Take a photo of yourself before you start and if possible measure yourself, then when you're struggling measure yourself again and you'll be surprised at how many inches you have lost! Finally, write down the reasons you want to lose weight and keep reading them to stay focused. Keep posting on the forum for support. How much weight would you like to lose?

BM

Totally in agreement with busy mum. Water is brilliant at aiding the weightloss. I wouldnt drink a glass a day and now im on 3 litres. My eyes/hair/skin have never felt healthier too. Also taking pictures along your journey is a massive help as sometimes it can be difficult to see your own success. Finally... Log on here whenever your feeling like caving in.. Its a massive boost and everyones so nice. good luck xx

Thanks guys. I was at slimming world and lost about 2 and half stone but this past while i have been having gains evening though i was eating perfectly and walking about 25 miles a week and last week just tipped me over the edge when i had 4lbs on :-( i need this weight off for fertility reasons i need my BMI down to 35 or less in order for our doctor to put us on IVF. My BMI is currently 38.8 and i weigh 15 stone so i need to lose about a stone and a half before December :) anything else will be a definite bonus :) i have the biggest goal ahead and this will be the drive i need to succeed :)

Aw good luck x

Thanks guys. I was at slimming world and lost about 2 and half stone but this past while i have been having gains evening though i was eating perfectly and walking about 25 miles a week and last week just tipped me over the edge when i had 4lbs on :-( i need this weight off for fertility reasons i need my BMI down to 35 or less in order for our doctor to put us on IVF. My BMI is currently 38.8 and i weigh 15 stone so i need to lose about a stone and a half before December :) anything else will be a definite bonus :) i have the biggest goal ahead and this will be the drive i need to succeed :)

Great reason to keep you going. Stick to LT and you can easily be 2 stone lighter by 1st Dec. Ease off on the excercise though as it can slow down weight loss on LT. There are a few threads on here about it. Best wishes.

BM

Just wanted to wish you luck. I've lost at least 12lbs in my first week, so that shows you how quickly you can lose on this. As someone else said, you should easily lose your weight for December. Best of luck for your IVF too.

Thanks for the support. Had my first day today and had a shake for breakfast and one for lunch and im about to make my soup now :) shakes will take a bit of gettin used to lol any help would be very appreciated as in how much water to add to shakes and unsure about how much to add to soup x

I don't like the soup so can't advise there although I have heard it better piping hot. With the shakes I think the guidlines are to mix them with 240ml of water, personally I prefer them a bit thinner then that and I use 500ml of ice cold water. This also helps to get through some of the extra water we need to drink. Well done for Day 1, keep up the good work!

BM

Thanks BM soup isn't the nicest either! I hope can stick to this even though i don't like the products :-(

Believe it or not you do get used to them. I'm in the middle of week 5 and now I just have 2 chocolate shakes a day and a peanut flapjack, I don't really like any of the others. If I can do this then you can too. Keep going I promise it does get easier you just have to get through the first week. It will be worth it!

BM

Good look to you too Mrs! Im on day 2 and felt great until about 3 today and all i craved was stew lol its definitely hard going! Day 3 tomorrow, wish me luck :)

Ok so just getting ready for work and its only day 3 and i feel terrible :-( is it just my body adapting to TFR? Is there anything i can take to help boost my energy levels or just make me feel ok?

I think usually people lack energy in the first couple of weeks and it picks up after that, sometimes you even get a bit hyper :) Theres nothing you can really take except coffee I think : / Good luck for today!

Hi Patricia.

As long as you are drinking enough water (2 - 4 litres) then there is nothing else you can do. You will feel week, dizzy and have headaches during the first week but aslong as you keep drinking the water you need I promise you it will get a lot easier. Hang in there, day 3 and 4 are hard. Keep going!

BM

Thanks ladies :) im drinking between 3 and 4 litres everyday and i just had my last shake and sipping on a cup of black tea with sweetner. Still feel crappy but actually think im coming down with the flu :-( day 4 tomorrow Yippee

Well done patricia32.......wooooow im so happy for you:D

Thanks a mill FNM i have been on cloud 9 since my weigh in today :)

Back