1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  1. Spookess

Spookess Well-Known Member

Hi all.

I am in my first week of Weight Watchers, currently on Simple Start.
    My week so far seemed to be going ok, until I realised I had mis-read the food list and that the low fat cheese that I had been eating (as well as two extra treats per day) wasn't on the list!! (It is low fat cottage cheese that's on there! ?). Luckily, I was only having a small scattering of the ready grated variety so hoping it hasn't made much difference to my weigh in!

So now I need to increase my efforts to make sure I still get a good first result.

This is my first foray into weight watchers, I have always done slimming world before so am trying to forget everything I know about that too, can be difficult when I hear a packet of past an sauce calling to me from the cupboard!

My weigh in was a real eye opener in that I was over half a stone heavier than I thought. So weighing in at 16st 3lb (3stone over my previous heaviest) my overall goal is to get to 11 stone, (Possibly 10.5 depending how I look as I tend to lose quite a lot from my face and don't want to look like death!)

As that is quite a lot to lose I want to break it down into smaller targets of 1stone losses so it doesn't get too overwhelming.

My main problem is my meals. Today for dinner I had mash (done with skimmed milk, no butter), carrots and spring greens and oxo gravy (made from veg water and thickened with a level tbsp of flour). I can't seem to come up with anything nice from the food list. I am definitely uninspired food wise.

I haven't got much cash and don't have any decent butchers so can't afford to spend a lot on meat. So I am having trouble coming up with meal ideas (especially ones my OH will eat too that are satisfying for him to save cooking two different meals!).

I know there are recipes elsewhere on here, but am having trouble seeing past bolognaise's (not keen on wholemeal pasta).

Also, I'm finding I am hungry almost straight away after meals and there's only so much fruit I can eat!! I know the food list is "unlimited" but don't feel like munching on crumpets all day is going to do me any favours ?

Any helpful hints/tips?

K