Nannyb

Hi advise please, I have been on so many diets over the years all of which were calorie counted, yes I lost weight but never maintained it. My daughter gets married in September and I want to look as good as I can for her so I have decided to try a different approach slimming world. My problem is before when calorie counting I was always hungry therefore I knew I was losing weight, however now I'm full and worried I'm eating to much. My day today was
Breakfast. 1 sachet oat so simple with 1 teaspoon of honey
1 glass of Tropicana trip 50% orange juice
I go to gym 3 times a week so I had grapes when I came home from gym
Lunch. Two slices of toast with two poached eggs and a satsuma
Dinner 5% minced beef with an onion, peas and 1 tin of tomatoes, with pasta. And a mullerlight chocolate fix over the day I also had an apple and a few raspberries
Please can someone tell me if this is correct? I'm worried because I've never eaten so much on a diet I felt really full after pasta meal and it seems not right
Thank you

Hi - can't advise much on the food as I'm vegetarian and only do green days but wanted to say good luck! I also can't believe how much you can eat on SW!

If the bread is from a 400g loaf and wholemeal it usually counts as a healthy extra. Which plan are you following? Extra easy?

Hi,

Are you making sure that you've got the 1/3 superfree food for every meal?

That 1/3 superfree isn't optional on EE, because it's supposed to fill you up and make you feel full, which should mean you then have less room for the other free foods like pasta. That part is really important to the plan, and so is stopping eating once you feel full as well, rather than pushing yourself to bursting by eating the last few spoonfuls of pasta (We've all done it! :) )

If you skip out on the 1/3 superfree on meals then while you shouldn't gain any weight just from free food, you probably won't lose very much either.

Also, did you syn the orange juice? Remember that fruit is only syn free/superfree if you eat it fresh and raw (So it becomes syn-able from cooking, mashing, juicing, etc. Something to do with the way the sugars change as a result)

Good luck!

Hi Nannyb, welcome to SW, the plan definately works when you stick to it and yes, you can eat a lot (that's why I like it so much :rolleyes:). Your lunch looks good, sauce made from 5% beef is fine and pasta is free food as well. As mentioned already, make sure you get a 1/3 of your plate with speedfood. I was wondering if you have synned some of the things you ate? For example:
1 sachet oat so simple (4.5 syns) with 1 teaspoon of honey (1 syn) (Quaker Oats Oat So Simple Multigrain, Honey (32g sachet) is a HB (but not all Oats so Simples are HB) but you had bread as well so need to syn one of the HeBs)
1 glass of Tropicana trip (200 ml = 5 syns)
Two slices of toast - if you had 2 sl of WM bread from a 400 g loaf this is fine. If the slices were from a 800 g loaf then you would have to count 6 syns for the second slice
mullerlight chocolate fix = 5 syns

total 15.5 syns or 21.5 in case you used bread from a 800 g loaf. Unless you do a syn countdown over 1 week and balance your syns out on other days you should be fine.
Hope you don't mind me listing all this, I don't want to come across as patronising, just trying to help :). I made lots of mistakes when I started with SW, it takes a while to get your head around all the sys values. Good luck on your weight loss journey :) x

Last edited:
Back