Hi,

I've been overweight all my life. I've tried diets before, but nothing seems to have worked.

Now I'm going to try WW, and I really feel like it could work for me. I've bought a Weight Watchers Shopping Guide book which seems to have the points for foods in. Can someone confirm that is the book I need and also that the points guide on this forum is still relevant?

I plan to join WW properly next month, but want to try and understand it and look at it first.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Charlie.

Welcome to Minimins and WW. The shopping guide is invaluable, but Id also recommend buying a calculator. (And an Eating Out Guide ;) )

Any questions or queries just shout, theres always someone around to help :)

Hey welcome :) .. the points calculator is a god send! i definatly reccomend one of those :) ...

Thanks for the welcome. So the points calculator does what? Works out the points in just about anything?

Also, is the points allowance stated in one of the 'sticky' posts still valid? It seems to give me a silly number of points, 40+!!

I saw another one online that suggested it is worked out simply by weight.

Thanks.

Points calculator sounds brilliant. Will definitely have to get one of those. So being allowed 40 points isn't unheard of?

Thanks again for your help.

Hi Starlight,

Where can you buy those calculators from? Do you have to join weight watchers to buy one or are they available on the high street?

Sue

Thanks for that Starlight - much appreciated.

Sue x

Well, I have 39 points I think. It seems loads. Doesn't seem to affect my meal sizes at all. Can that be right? Just seems strange.

Sooh, have you been having your full allocation of points and is it working?

Thanks again.

welcome to ww,good luck along the way,you can do this if you want to do it,if you need anything from the meeting let me no x

If you're not sure you've calculated your points correctly, by all means post your calculations up and one of us will happily check for you. If you don't want to post personal info like height, weight and age, you can certainly PM me and I'll do it for you.

I would PM you but can't seem to find where I do that. I've tried clicking on your name but it says I am restricted access to that page... Help?

Back