Newbie!

Slimseaa

Silver Member
Hi All!

I have just started DC as of today and have around 3-4 stones to lose. Have previously lost 8stones on LL, but then have put on 2 stones.

I just wanted some advice if possible pls.
How much veg portion are we allowed to eat.

So far today all I have eaten is original granola with skimmed milk, banana, apple, 4 strawberries, 1 shapers yogurt, tomato & pesto soup.

I am going to have a chicken casserole for dinner soon and want to know if i can have it with a bit of chopped peppers, onions, spinach, tomatoes, like a small plateful or would that be too much?

pls can you kindly provide me in the right direction. many thanks in advance.

Any quest? do you think it would be ok wto have 1-2 teaspoons of mint sauce with dinner justs to make it a bit spicy?

Hi Slimseaa and Welcome!

You were unlucky last night that there was nobody around to respond to you!!

As far as the additions to the packs go. People do it differently. You'll find some are adding up the calories and then adding in whatever they want to make it up to the 1200.

When I was DCing I didn't do that. I just stuck to what the little booklet said which was the milk OR yoghurt, 2 portions of fruit and some veg to pad out the evening meal. I ate mainly baby spinach or broccoli, sometimes carrots but usually tried to stick to leafy greens to keep the carbs down.

You will get different opinions. Really I suppose it's trial and error - I tend to like to try to do things 'by the book' once I start chopping and changing things around I come unstuck. Which is what I did and is why I'm doing something else at the moment. Too much choice = out of control for me I'm afraid!!

But this is a great plan and I fully intend to go back on it once I'm back in control!

Good Luck and DO let us know how you get on. It's a little quiet on the DC forum at the mo but I'm sure it'll pick up again! xx

Hello :D

I ditto Jan's advice :D

It really depends how you want to play it - saying that a bit of mint sauce may not have made a real difference - it's not like DC is a ketosis type diet that has a fine balance that needs to be maintained.

Good luck with your first week :D

Yeah - I'm sure the mint sauce would have been okay (it's free on SW) - as long as it wasn't the jelly. x

Thank you to both of you, so far i am enjoying the food, will let you know if i lose anything, as my WI is on Sunday. Will keep in touch & good luck to both of you xx

Hi and :welcome2:
I have not been on line much this week as babysitting, working, had friends staying etc.... Unfortunately it was a challenge with our friends here to stick to DC but I did the best I could at the time and now I am totally back on track !:cool::hide: WI tomorrow so I will find out if I have done any damage - maybe a STS !!
I do exactly (when on the DC 100 %) as it says in the book now - in the beginning I prob ate too much fruit and I have had the odd fruit relapse !! So - basically Jan and Caroline and Lochan and Jessica have been my mentors and give fab advice !!;):thankyou: Guys !! and I confirm what Jan says above as well !!

Back