Newbie!

Dizzy22

Hi everyone!!

I started LT on Saturday! I'm so glad I found this place, as my pharmacist wasn't particularly friendly, which made me think I'd never make it through this diet because I'd have no support!! Just reading posts by you all has already boosted my confidence!

I have a couple of questions, that hopefully one of you may be able to answer ... I'm feeling really dizzy and lightheaded today, and I wanted to know if and when this goes away? It's hard to concentrate at work

Also, I have a really sore throat today I think I might have caught a cold from my partner, is it ok to take lockets or are they a big no no?

Thanks for any help, support, anything!! :)

S

No lockets unfortunately- the citrus will knock you out of ketosis!

The dizziness is your body going into ketosis, so hang in there. Day 3-4 was the worst for me, then I was fine? Try splitting your shakes if you think it's hunger-related (low blood sugar?), it might help take the edge off?

This forum is great for support & advice- the members were more helpful than my pharmacist too!

Welcome Dizzy :):)

Big no no to lockets!

The biggest tip i can give is to make sure you're drinking LOADS of water (more than the suggested 2litres if you possibly can).

This place is ace, there are so many inspirational people to learn from and to kick your butt if you're having a miserable moment.

I guess the headaches and dizziness will be down to your body getting itself into ketosis. Hopefully this should pass very soon if you're on day 6 (usually happens 3-5 days, but i must say i didn't notice much difference at all, personally). Can't emphasise enough how much water you need to drink!

Best of luck with your first weigh in
xx

:7834::7834::7834::7834::7834::7834::7834::7834::7834::7834::7834::7834::7834::7834::7834::7834:

Get the message???? Can't be emphasised enough!!!! (It's water though - not the brown looking fluid this chap seems to be knocking back! ;))

PS - Dunno what happened with the one in the middle???? ;) xx

I havent experienced that, but having read lots of LT members threads, it will pass, just keep drinking lots of water, like Jan advised, you should be fine in no time at all.

It will pass chick, everyone experiences different side effects of going into ketosis... But as soon as your there - boy you will feel good!!!
I just had sooo much energy the whole way through lol!!

Hang in there chick!! it gets better :)

Hi Dizzy and welcome. I was a little dizzy last week and I was in week 12.

Drink plenty as everyone has said and you will have a great first weigh in. That will really spur you on. Stick to it and your weight will come off. Good luck. You can do it.

Welocme hun! Roll on ketosis!

Back