Newbies food diary, water challenge and C25k log...

Hubby has just had his first official (at home) weigh in... After the midweek disappointment, there has been a miracle. He's lost 5lb!

Quick update on my C25k... W1D3 complete! Very windy and rainy tonight, which I thought made it harder, but all in all, not too bad.

I've never ever done anything like this before - used to skip all my PE lessons at school and have avoided exercise ever since. Don't get me wrong, every step of the running I wonder why on earth I'm doing it, but it's actually giving me real satisfaction :)

Day Eight EE

Breakfast
Activia and banana

Lunch
Jacket spud with tuna, lettuce, tomato and cucumber

Dinner
Chinese salt and pepper chicken (15?)
Boiled rice, onions, garlic, chilli

Snacks
Alpen light (hexb)
Satsuma

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
Diet coke
0.5l water :-(

Very late home tonight, with no dinner planned, so had Chinese, but tried to pick sensibly. Checked on the syn forum for values, but they all looked pretty low, so I've estimated at 15!

Day Nine EE

Breakfast
2 satsumas

Lunch
Jacket spud and beans with tomato and cucumber

Dinner
Steak, chips (17.5!), peas and tomatoes... Pub meal

Snacks
Satsumas
Alpen light (hexb)

Drinks
0.75l water
Tea (hexa)
Diet coke

Feel a bit guilty about the chips... Forgot to ask to swap for potatoes until it was too late. In my defense I didn't finish them, but they were lovely!

Less guilty about the chips now - just completed C25k W2D1. Ran by the sea, in the driving wind and rain, which was actually quite exhilarating, although my ears hurt now!

Hubby also came with me and completed W1D1. Very proud.

First bit of my food diary today, but won't be back till after the weekend for more updates as I'm going away!

Day ten EE

Breakfast
Bacon, scrambled eggs, tinned tomatoes and then a banana. Oh, and a cup of tea (hea).

Just need to prioritise a food shop when we get there now, to avoid any temptations!

Back from my weekend away, and managed to stick to plan - just!

Saturday food diary EE

Breakfast
Eggs, bacon, tinned tomatoes, waffle (3.5)

Lunch
Tuna, salad leaves, cucumber, tomato, boiled egg

Dinner
Chicken curry made with onion, garlic, spices, oil (2), coconut milk (2.5), peppers, spinach, potatoes, carrots and rice

Snacks
Apple
Alpen light (hexb)
Activia fat free

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
Diet coke
Diet irn bru

Total syns - 8

Sunday food diary EE

Breakfast
Egg, bacon, tinned tomatoes, beans and waffle (3.5)

Lunch
Chicken curry leftover from yesterday (4.5)

Dinner
Corned beef hash (3.5), mushy peas and brown sauce (1)
Apple

Snacks
Activia fat free, banana, alpen light (hexb)

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
Diet coke

Total syns - 12.5

Only complaint is that my legs are still agony, and I wanted to go running tonight. Do I break through the pain barrier or will that worsen it?

*blushes* also wanted to confess to a sneaky midweek weigh in, which I swore not to do again... But it was good news! -2lb, and WI isn't till Wednesday!

Went food shopping today, and had to steer clear of some aisles to avoid temptation! Have a nice full fridge and fruit bowl now though :)

Day something (lost track!) EE

Breakfast
Banana and activia fat free

Lunch
Jacket spud and salad

Dinner
Chicken stir fry with noodles and home made sauce (which was rubbish!) (2)
Mini milk (1.5)

Snacks
Alpen light (hexb)

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
0.5l water
Diet coke

Total syns - 3.5. May have more later!

Was going to run tonight, but leg pain is so bad I can barely walk, so hubby won't let me!

Hooray! 2lb off today :)

Very happy, that's 4lb in 2 weeks. At this rate I'll be at target in no time :)

Day 14 EE

Breakfast
Melon, grapes and activia fat free

Lunch
Salmon, noodles, soya beans, cucumber, pepper, mango

Dinner
Ham, potatoes, egg, tomatoes, lettuce, extra light salad cream (1)
Mini milk (1.5)

Might have a crunchie later (9)

Snacks
Alpen light (hexb)

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
Small skinny latte (hexa)
0.5l water
Diet coke

Syns - 2.5 or 11.5 depending on the crunchie decision!

I declined the crunchie, but did have a fudge (6), two satsumas and my remaining alpen light (hexb). Feels like I've had a good old fashioned pig out :)

The word 'pig out' reminds me of my childhood! My nanna used to get so mad at me and my mum for having a pig out - even though we didnt do it often!!!

Well done on the great weight loss!

I finally made it onto your diary and wow your doing great! Keep up the good work and you will def be hitting target soon I imagine!

Day 15 EE

Breakfast
Banana and Alpen light (hexb)

Lunch
Tuna, pasta, salad cream (3.5), hardboiled egg, spring onion, tomato, lettuce and then melon and grapes

Dinner
Beef, potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas, gravy (2)

Snacks
Pineapple, activia fat free

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
1l water
Diet coke

Total syns - 5.5

Had major cravings for junk food today, but have managed not to succumb. I'm feeling a bit down because I've injured my leg and now have pills for it, but it means I can't resume C25k until it's healed. I can't even believe that it's bothering me - I've never liked exercise and now I'm gutted because I can't!

Day 16 EE

Breakfast
Banana, alpen light (hexb)

Lunch
Philly light with ritz crackers (6)... Had no time for a lunch break :-(
Apple, satsumas

Dinner
Jacket potato, butter (2), asparagus, whole baby sweetcorn
Mini milk (1.5)

Supper (!)
French fries (4), crunchie (9)

Drinks
Tea, 1l water, diet coke

Total syns - 22.5 :-(

Bad planning and no time at lunch, which led to me being hungry all afternoon and evening, and ended up eating junk. Not good, but will draw a line under it and get back on board tomorrow.

One good thing today - hubby weighed in and has now lost 8lb! Yippee!

Day 17 EE

Breakfast
Alpen light (hexb), apple and FF yoghurt.

Lunch
Ham, pepper, shallot, potato, egg and cheese (5) frittata.

Dinner
The most divine chicken nuggets, wedges in Cajun spices, grilled tomatoes and peas.

Chicken nuggets were inspired by a minimims recipe, basically chicken breast cut into small chunks, dipped in beaten egg, then rolled in smash powder. We did some with plain smash, some with Cajun spices mixed in with the smash, and some with curry powder. They were delish, and free!

Snacks
None - went to a cafe that does homemade cakes, and managed to resist!

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
1l water
Diet coke

Total syns (so far!) - 5

Day 18 EE

Breakfast
Activia fat free, grapes

Lunch
Jacket spud, butter (2), ham, tomato and cucumber

Dinner
Mediterranean chicken bake. Homemade using chicken thighs (boneless and skinless), garlic, courgettes, tomatoes, potatoes and fresh Rosemary, and a veg stock cube. It was possibly the nicest thing I've eaten since starting SW!

Snacks
Alpen light (hexb)
Three spoons of plain ice cream (2.5?)

Drinks
Tea (hexa)
Diet coke

Total syns so far - 4.5, but will probably have a fudge later (6)

Did our food shopping today, and I have to say, the difference in our cupboards and fridge from three weeks ago is amazing! I really feel like we've made some really positive lifestyle changes, which all three of us are benefitting from. Sooo glad I've joined SW and minimins. It's been the kick up the bum I've needed.

Day 19 Green?!

Breakfast
Activia fat free, banana, alpen light (hexb)

Lunch
Potato and spinach curry with rice (4 for oil)

Dinner
SW wedges with ketchup (2) and a fat free yoghurt

Snacks
Alpen light (hexb)
Shortbread finger (5)

Drinks
Latte (hexa)
Diet coke
1l water

Total syns - 11

It was a long day, completely unplanned food wise as I was away unexpectedly. But, think I managed to stay on plan, if I call it a green day, as I didn't manage the superfree. Does it look ok?!

You have had 2 heb and 1 hea so thats right and you havent had meat so....Looks like a green day to me :)

Well done for sticking to plan! Its harder when we dont have a plan for the days meals I think. You did a great job!

Back