Newbies thread

Loser85

Gold Member
Thought i would make this thread as there are few newbies popping up which is fab :)

Restart for me today, waiting for ultrasound for gallstones. If its confirmed i know the doc will want me to lose weight for the op. Weighed myself when i got up and i came in at 21st 1lb. First goal is to get under 20 stone and stay there. After that its a stone at a time. In it for the long haul this time, finally realised its not a sprint!

hellooooooo

I re-started last week. I lost 1lb at WI yesterday. Im doing it alone (well, with my hubby - but without going to class), which has worked for me in the past. I switched from ww to sw a while back for a change as my loss seemed to slow in ww, but in reality sw didnt work for me one bit, all it did for me was get me to 'unlearn' all the good things id learnt at ww about portion sizes and REAL meals. Anyway, here i am. I only have a small way to go. I have 2 stone to lose and am hoping to be there by Christmas if i can pull my finger out.

Good Luck to you and all the other newbies, xx

Welcome :)

Im also going it alone, dont see the point of paying for meetings when all they use is propoints which i never liked.

No reason that 2 stone wont be gone by xmas. (11 weeks to go, how scarys that?!)

I dont think SW would ever work for me as i need that structure of portion sizes and points. Someone says i can eat as much pasta as i want then i bloody well will! Wouldnt help the weight loss though. :S

I lost 4st by myself in Jan-Oct in 2009. Put 3 back on since then. Won some old WW electronics this week so waiting for them to arrive. Lost 1lb last week so off to a good start. The chocolate digestives this week, not so good.

Hi all - can I join you too?

I did ww on my own (with the help of here!!) in 2007/ 2008 and lost exactly 7 stone in 10 months. I then went on to have 2 more babies (16 months apart), I tend to put on huge weight during pregnancy and although I lost a few stone after my son, I didn't loose enough before becoming pregnant with my daughter and my weight really crept up on me :(

Our youngest is now 15 months and I've pretty much been arsing about with diet since she was born - I don't understand why I can't just get on with and loose it instead of prolonging the process, like I did before.

I toyed with going to a meeting for the first time ever this week but having read up on pro points, don't feel it's for me (plus I know the old system well - know it works if I could just stop messing about!!!!!)

2 weeks after youngest was born I weighed 16 stone 11 lbs. I weigh 13 stone 5lbs today.
I'm 5foot 8.

I'd love to be "back to myself" for Xmas (ie my pre pregnancy weight (11stone 10)/ in my size 10 clothes) and know it's doable if I focus.

Lost 4lbs last week (have been gaining and loosing the same 4lbs for the past 2 months) but have weighed this morn and lost another 2 since Monday. I'd love some support/ hand holding and kicks up the bum when required...

Hi, I am re-starting again today almost a year to the day since joining weightwatchers! Was doing great up until Febuary last and have piled back on everything I lost. Im thinking of going to a meeting for some motivation and a boot up the backside because if I know if I dont do something about it now my weight will keep on rising and my confidence will plummet, again...

Good luck everyone! :break_diet:

mamiaof3 said:
Hi, I am re-starting again today almost a year to the day since joining weightwatchers! Was doing great up until Febuary last and have piled back on everything I lost. Im thinking of going to a meeting for some motivation and a boot up the backside because if I know if I dont do something about it now my weight will keep on rising and my confidence will plummet, again...

Good luck everyone! :break_diet:

Hello All
Iv started WW again the discover plan 18points a day to lose weight for my Wedding in June 2013.
I was looking at starting SW but don't really understand it so I would have to pay to go to classes.
I bought my WD in march and have put so much weight on (I didn't see it creep on) that my dress no longer fits :( I hope to lose 2 stone by Christmas :)
I'm not very good with slow results and usually give up or take slimming pills hoping to lose the healthy way this time :)
Really glad I found this forum so great tips :)

Back