Newbies to Dukan?

Hi,
I'm on week 3 of the Dukan diet, and was wondering if there are any other relative newbies out there? How are you finding the diet so far?
I'm definitely finding it the easiest thing I have ever done! I have cheated a little in the past few days and have eaten atkins bars, but im going to do a few days pp to make up for it - hope it works!
Did anyone else find it disappointing when you moved to cruise?

Hi Laura, I not a newbie but just want to wish you good luck on your journey xxx

Thank you! I cant believe how well you have done! what stage are you on now?

Hi laurajade

I am a newbie too, though I did have a dabble with the dukan last year and lost about 7lb which I was over the moon with but then I had a flood in my kitchen meaning I couldn't cook anything myself for a couple of weeks so it went wrong from there!

Anyway I started again today and have not done too badly, have eaten mainly chicken and fish and one vanilla yoghurt x

Hello and welcome to the best diet in the world
:). - just stick to the rules and the weight will soon be falling off xx

Hello,

I am also a Dukan newbie. I am just starting my third week and have lost 17lb so far, so I am over the moon.
I have a long way to go but I am used to doing Cambridge type diets, so I am pleased to be losing so much and able to eat!
Good luck on your weight loss!

Jess

Thank you!
I had steaks, chicken, lots of natural yoghurt etc etc. It was a tad samey, but you just have to make the effort to spice up the food.
If you are on MyFitnessPal, then if you click underneath my name on the left, I think there is an icon that takes you to my page. My food diary is public, so you can have a look at what I am eating if you want!

XX

It is a tad samey isnt it! Today I have had 0% fat greek yogurt and now I am having some chicken baked with a few chilli flakes!

I am due to be a bridesmaid on the 31.08 and with the dress coming in at any time now for a fitting I am desperatly trying to lose a few pounds!

Aww thanks I will look you up that will be really helpful thank you xx

Laura - I would suggest not to do any more pp days in a row - forget the cheats - put that behind you and just carry on with cruise - I did cruise for a full year before I got to target and didnt find it boring - things I couldn't have done without were - pasatta, muffins, quark, sugar free jelly, cottage cheese, turkey mince - there's loads of fab recipes in the recipe section to spice meals up - a run of pp days is just for the attack phase - put the bad days behind you and carry on with cruise - it does get easier - eat plenty too - you should never feel hungry on this diet xx good luck :)

I found doing a pv followed by a pp day was the easiest way to do cruise as you didn't have to go too long without veg - and I think the pv days are the easiest but it will get easier and soon just become a way of life :)

Thanks for the advice! Its great to find a place to talk to others on the diet - I tried on mfp, but got bashed on the community boards a few times until i found the dukan forum on there! Please feel free to add my on mfp if you have it :)

I'm thinking of changing my cruise rhythm to 5/5 or my dukan app suggests 3/3- thoughts?
:)

So I have lost around 4lb since I started on Monday yay :)

I will fail tonight though because I am out for my birthday at a Chinese restaurant, I am still going to be as sensible as I can though. I know when I am I the right frame of mind because I would rather just cancel it and not have it at all but it has been booked for ages now and my friends are really looking forward to it so I can't.

If anyone wants Add me on My Fitness Pal the I am staceytevans :)

When I did cruise (now on conso) I did pv Sun, Mon, Tues, pp Wed, Thursday, Fri and Sat pp. Do what fits in with your life style. For a diet/life style change to work it has to be workable within your daily routine xxx

I like this conversation about pp and pv schedules.
I'm a newbie too, and I appreciate being able to read all of your thoughts. This forum is great!

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to the Dukan diet. I started on Tuesday and I am already down 7.6 pounds. I'm trying to lose at least 60 lbs before my wedding May 2014. Wish me luck!!!!

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to the Dukan diet. I started on Tuesday and I am already down 7.6 pounds. I'm trying to lose at least 60 lbs before my wedding May 2014. Wish me luck!!!!

Hi Im a jennifer and im a newbie too. I also started on tuesday. ive got about 6 stone to loose. This week up to this morning I had lost 8lbs so we are doing lots the same...although I dont think Im getting married in May ;) all luck in the world. Do you have a diary on here yet would be nice to keep in touch as we go along and keep each other motivated . DUKAN website says I can expect to be at my true weight for may :)

Back