Step 1 Sole Source + Newby

Amy Hutchinson

Hi All

I'm new to Cambridge and I've just passed my first week, problem i'm having is i'm still struggling to keep to the 3 packs and 200 cal meal. I'm drinking coffee with a little milk, maybe 5 cups per day, which i don't think i'm allowed, and last night i had an omelette with chicken and veg.
So my question is, would it really matter? i'm still under 1000 calories per day, my weight loss is really really slow, i'm not eating any carbs, so if i do eat it's because i'm starving, its just protein.
But i'm still hungry, i was sure this would have passed by now, am i eating too much?

Hiya, I always eat a high protein/low carb meal that isn't weighed or measured in the evening. I'd say if you're happy with the rate your weight is coming off then go for it but if you'd like it off quicker, stick to the step to the letter x

Hi Tano, thanks for the reply.
My issue really is that I'm hungry all the time and I presume I should be in ketosis by now, could it be the milk? I presume protein doesn't take you out?

hi :) are you having enough water? I have 4 litres a day and i think thats what keeps me full. you can buy ketosis sticks from your consultant or from ebay which can help you see if you are there. hope that helps xx

Hi :D I think you have to take the being hungry for a few days unfortunately by sticking to it 100% to give your body chance to get used to it and adjust to the fewer calories....altho im not on Cambridge im on LT and still get the odd hunger pang but nothing like the beginning...and it was horrific for me the first 2 wks this time round! But like the others have said water water water ..seems to work for me, and if your happy with your losses then a small meal isn't really a problem as its about finding something you can stick to long term and be comfortable with. Hope you have a good week x

Thanks for the reply's guys.
The hungers a little better now but the feeling of not being hungry that everyone talks about, i just haven't felt that. My consultant says its because i'm drinking milk in my coffee and that i'm eating too many calories, which may be true, i'm counting on my fitness pal and the daily calorie amount is around 800, which i think is step 2? so i should still be loosing weight, i'm drinking at least 3 litres of water a day. I'm really struggling with the toilet though, i haven't been for a week now, have taken some senna this morning :( vile i know xx

Hi there. I'm not an expert but have done a lot of reading coz it took me a while before the hunger went away. It never fully goes with me but settles down to a reasonable level between packs (but I get very hungry when "meal" time approaches so I'm not one of those who forgets to eat.) One thing I discovered by my reading is that everyone is affected differently, so caffieine can kick you out of ketosis but doens't affect everyone the same. I was eating a small meal every night - small and basically protein - but I just wasn't getting into ketosis. So I decided to replace the meal with an additional pack during the week and eat at weekends. I also stick to just 2 cups of tea with milk a day. It took me some trial and error but I found something that worked for me. Hope you find your mojo.

Back