Newly diagnosed with PCOS

Ashleigh90

Hi everyone I have recently been diagnosed with pcos, I have symptoms such as weight gain, missed periods very bad back leg and groin pain I have been taking pain killers and tried a lot to help the pain but nothing works does anyone else have these symptoms? I have had a an ultrasound my left ovary is 35mm and my right is 26mm, I am looking for some advice on weight loss pain relief and some support really, and information would be helpful.
Thanks
Ash x

Hi Ash,

I've just joined up on here and saw your post.
I also have PCOS and an under active thyroid both which affect weight.
There's no special diet to follow.
I've found being good is the best way to go. Don't eat what you know is bad and eat what you know is good. Easier said than done isn't it!
I find since being on SW I've changed what I class a being naughty. Before I'd have a chocolate bar or a bag or crisps or sweets and feel bad after. Now I pinch a sweet off my husband or my son and enjoy it knowing I'm not going to follow it with the rest of the packet.
The SW app is good too with recipes. I've made soups for dinner, I did the chilli con carne and when I am rushed I have ready meals but I buy the weight watchers ones. If you get a cottage pie of fish pie you can pile on the veggies and feel full.
One recipe called for a teaspoon of Canderel so I bought a jar and its amazing! I will never again put sugar in my tea. It's sweet and doesn't have the yucky taste that some tablets do.
After a loss you feel spured on so it gets easier.
Think about what you like and plan your shopping. I've been having scrambled eggs with a little cheese, ham and peppers. Next time I'm gonna chuck mushrooms in too
Also have a look on YouTube. I was waiting for my husband he other night and just put SW into the search and there were to great videos.

Gone on a bit haven't I? Sorry lol.
Even if part of this has helped I'd be happy

Geeree :)

Hi I found out I had pcos the doctor said I have a small one on the right side, and all he said was to lose weight, wasn't helpful at all :( as I'm scared its going to affect me next year when I try for a baby

I like your post and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.i have red your blog and wish it again.

Back