Newstart starting monday!!

Room for another one? I first started exante this time last year, fell on and off the wagon for a while, dabbled in a few other things (low card, slim and save, ww) and then gave up. I told myself I was happy the way I am. LIES!! I got married last week and although it was an amazing day, I wish I had put more of an effort in to loose the wobbly bits.

We're not going on honeymoon until next April/May so my goal is to be confident enough to wear a swimsuit (maybe a bikini!) when we are away. I'm not sure what my weight now is, about 15.5 st I think. I'll stand on the scales tomorrow. I'm not going to worry about the scales though, it's how I look and feel that counts.

I still have a box of sha kes in the kitchen so I'm going to use them up and see how it goes.

Good luck to everyone, keep your eye on the goal!

Count me in too. Restart on Monday. Just got over a cold and it wasn't pretty. Determined to see the first 3 days through. I find it easier at work to not binge eat.

Need to lose about 50 lbs before Christmas. Aiming to lose a stone by end of month.

Good luck everyone! I was in the same position last week (although my start day was Tuesday). I'm almost a week in now. If I can do it then I'm sure you can too! I won't lie, the first week is tough but so worth it. I've found the hardest thing was my cravings rather than feeling hungry. Just think of why you are doing this diet in the first place and visualise how you want to be in the future...that is my motivation during low points. And coming on here whenever I thought of packing it all in and eating some naughty food! All the best xx

Good luck everyone! I was in the same position last week (although my start day was Tuesday). I'm almost a week in now. If I can do it then I'm sure you can too! I won't lie, the first week is tough but so worth it. I've found the hardest thing was my cravings rather than feeling hungry. Just think of why you are doing this diet in the first place and visualise how you want to be in the future...that is my motivation during low points. And coming on here whenever I thought of packing it all in and eating some naughty food! All the best xx

Thanks for words of encouragement! I'm having my first pack right now - mushroom soup! Delicious. So far, so good. The hard part comes at 3pm when I get a sugar low....hot coffee with stevia for me!

Just gave aaway a big box of temptation, left on my desk as a get well present! I'm so :D eith myself for not even opening the box!!

Well done everyone who has lost weight! Day 3 today and desperate to go out for a meal - but NO! I will NOT give in. I know if I stay on this plan I WILL lose weight and quickly. Can't wait for next Monday to weight in. Good luck everyone!

Sounds like we all with keep each other motivated. I haven't told my family I'm doing it, wondered if others have?! I find that they would say things about being on VLCD. Meant to be at Nandos on Sunday, think I'll play the 'stomach bug' trick an just watch them eat!!

s_pitta said:
Sounds like we all with keep each other motivated. I haven't told my family I'm doing it, wondered if others have?! I find that they would say things about being on VLCD. Meant to be at Nandos on Sunday, think I'll play the 'stomach bug' trick an just watch them eat!!

I haven't told mine...even discussing it before led to an argument! Although my mum thinks my new diet is going really well! I will tell them in a couple of weeks when they can see its doing me good and isnt making me ill! xx

Hope you all find support you need on here. Families are great but they often don't understand the motivation behind wright loss especially if you've always been the dependable one. The one who doesn't change. By losing the weight you remove something stable from their lives. Well that's one scenario ?

Hope you are all on track today - wishing you well! Just to let you know, I had a quick peak on the scales and after 3 full days on it I have lost ........4 kilos!!!!!!
My September aim was 5 kilos so I am overjoyed. Could be on track for 12 lbs this week. Keep going, keep motivated and keep losing everyone. xxx

I think thats what I will do Jadeypops, Ill tell them once I've lost the weight and they will see it is not harming me. And yes I think that you are right Thats notmyname, I'm excited for next week when I weight in with a loss! x

Gosh that's amazing Blue Moon! I also took a sneak peak at scales today and have gone into the 11s so I am very happy! I know it's the first week and losses are always higher but having gained so much in so little time I'll be glad to see the back of it as quickly as possible! End of day 3 for me, last glass of water before bedtime and then we're almost through week 1:cool:

CONFESSION TIME - I am sorry to say I have been off plan for two days. Won't go into details but suffice to say I am very sorry and regret it! Anyway, back on today - just sat and watched husband and mother eat a huge pizza in a restaurant and I had a black coffee (and felt very smug!) Not going to beat myself up about the blip and will weight on Monday and feel sure I won't have put any weight on. If I keep to the 4 kilos off this week I will be happy. That still means I will be on the way to my 11 lb target on the September challenge thread.

Well done all of you on your losses - keep going.......karen

Sat 8 Sept. Met up with friends last night and ended up in restaurant - decided to do a re-start tomorrow. Sorry for letting myself down and sorry for not keeping up with you guys. Have made a personal commitment to do one week 100%. Taking it one week at a time now. k

Last edited:
Back