NHS normal weight charts can't be serious??

Nursejojo69

I've just had a look at the NHS weight site. OMG they are ridiculous! A 'healthy' weight for my height 5ft 7" is 8.5-10.5 stone. I would look awful at 8.5stone. Anyone else shocked at this?

I've just had a look at the NHS weight site. OMG they are ridiculous! A 'healthy' weight for my height 5ft 7" is 8.5-10.5 stone. I would look awful at 8.5stone. Anyone else shocked at this?

I thought the same when I checked my BMI a while back. I'm 5.9 and it said 8 1/2 stone for me. I'd look anorexic if I was that weight. TBH I'd be surprised if I could get down that low.

I've no idea how I would look as I'm still a few stone away from target. I will get there though, and just grateful to be healthy. My husband is now at target, and in his healthy BMI, and he doesn't like how he looks.

It's just a guide, innit. And it's bracketed.

My diabetic nurse seems to think that unless i can be 9 stone then ill always be overweight. The charts are ridiculous, plus id like to see what SHE weighs

I've no idea how I would look as I'm still a few stone away from target. I will get there though, and just grateful to be healthy. My husband is now at target, and in his healthy BMI, and he doesn't like how he looks.
You'll get there, men always seem to lose it quicker :eek:
My diabetic nurse seems to think that unless i can be 9 stone then ill always be overweight. The charts are ridiculous, plus id like to see what SHE weighs
;)

You'll get there, men always seem to lose it quicker :eek:

;)

I know I will :) My husband didn't actually lose 4.5 stones quicker than me, it was the other way round. I just have alot more to lose than he did. I don't lose weight any slower than men seem to.

Back