NHS weight management have put me on VLCD has anyone had this

beckiboo

Hi All

I am on the NHS weight management programme, due to other health issues as well now I have been put on a VLCD by them the dietician has given me a plan to use and its done using slimfast or supermarkets own brand, i have choosen the tesco ultraslim as the cost is significantly less.

Started day one today and am finding it so difficult, I have a lot of weight to lose, not all of this will be done on the VLCD I have to lost approx 16kg before I can have the gastric by pass surgery, feeling like raiding the cupboards at the moment and its not helped ive had to cook for my little one, drinking plenty of water as told by the dietician.

Also does anybody know if peppermint tea is ok to drink on a VCLD

thanks

Becki :) x

Ultra slim ISN'T a VLCD. It's not a TFR and won't have the weight losses you'd get on a VLCD

As you're eating conventional food and ultraslim isn't a ketogenic diet you're not restricted with what you can and can't have the way you are on a VLCD

Last edited:
Peppermint tea will be fine and won't hinder weight loss. But as Starlight says, slim fast and ultra slim are not designed with the same nutritional make up as total food replacement diet brands.

Could it be a LCD rather than a VLCD perhaps? It doesn't sound great if she's put you on a VLCD without adequate nutrition, and possibly where you'll feel hungry all the time if it's higher carbs than will get you into ketosis.

Oh dear and this is our health professionals! No sweetie it is not a VLCD only a LCD and to be honest you need the correct support to be doing a VLCD and need to use a reputable company, there are many out there but I think the top would be Lighterlife, Cambridge and Slim and Save. As its been said before on a VLCD you get into a ketogenic state therefore will soon reach no physical hunger. Please do some research and return to your surgery with the information and get on the best program for you.

Good luck
Tracy
x

Back