Nicest thing someone has said to you whilst on LT?

When my 3-yr old said to me today "Mummy, you're getting taller!" -aaww!!

I have had some comments about my skin looking nice. (LT: the ultimate detox diet). Maybe I will not go back to drinking diet coke and too much wine when I finish.

The worst thing was when I was discussing LT on another website (a sort of feminist one) and I got a load of comments saying "you're an idiot, you're going to put it right back on, with extra", and "how could you be so stupid?", even though I explain carefully what it was, I was doing with my doctor's knowledge, with a pharmacist and I have a biochemistry degree and have done a lot of reading up on it. They were quite mean, when usaully the commenters on that site are supportive. I guess if you haven't heard of these diets before they sound a bit scary.

I know what you mean I have had a few people telling me im stuoid and it will all pile back on and someone also told me I was getting to thin and gaunt good god Im certainely not that Im still 13 stone 8 lbs

I have had some comments about my skin looking nice. (LT: the ultimate detox diet). Maybe I will not go back to drinking diet coke and too much wine when I finish.

The worst thing was when I was discussing LT on another website (a sort of feminist one) and I got a load of comments saying "you're an idiot, you're going to put it right back on, with extra", and "how could you be so stupid?", even though I explain carefully what it was, I was doing with my doctor's knowledge, with a pharmacist and I have a biochemistry degree and have done a lot of reading up on it. They were quite mean, when usaully the commenters on that site are supportive. I guess if you haven't heard of these diets before they sound a bit scary.

Don't let the blighters get ya down! Like you said you've read extensively on what LT is all about and have therefore made your decision to go on it with a clear mind and lots of information. Let them think what they want, in the end you're doing this for you and it is you who is going to reap all of the rewards for your hard work :)

So true Gemma.

I haven't told many I am on this diet but those who do know are very supportive. I have heard many negative remarks about VLCD's but just ignore them and don't tell those people what I am doing. I just can't be bothered wasting my breath on those people, whose opinion I neither want nor need!

As far as I can see, those people who put weight back on after these diets do so because they overeat or eat the wrong thing and would put the weight on no matter what diet they did to lose the weight.

I hope my time on LT will re-educate me and so I won't go back to my previous diet of chocolate, diet coke and fatty foods!

On the positive side I love the compliments I now get and I love coming on this site and meeting up with all the lovely people on here. They are the best friends a girl could have.

x

Awwww cuddly!!! And we all love you!! xxxxx

"You look a bit pale love" by a colleague and "what have you eaten, you stink!" the OH No nice comments yet, nobody seems to have noticed...

Thanks Gemma xx

Remy, they will notice. No-one said anything to me for ages then one week they all seem to notice!

x

Don't let the blighters get ya down! Like you said you've read extensively on what LT is all about and have therefore made your decision to go on it with a clear mind and lots of information. Let them think what they want, in the end you're doing this for you and it is you who is going to reap all of the rewards for your hard work :)

Thanks Rainbow! At least there is this forum with people who know what it is all about. I weighed up the pros and cons carefully, but in the end it was a no brainer. For example, if you lose a lot of weight quickly you are risking gallstones, but if your BMI is over 40, like mine, you are at a high risk of gallstones anyway! As long as I change my eating (and drinking) habits at the end, I shall hopefully keep my BMI in the low 20s for the rest of my life (as fun as all this weight loss is, I think I will try to avoid doing it again!)

Back