.Nicki.'s New Journey - It started so well

.Nicki.

Minimin Addict
Well i've spent most of the weekend thinking what's best for me diet wise, what i want to achieve and what not.
I want to be thin as i guess most people her do, but really its all so i can become a mum and a healthy mum at that. I always want it to come of quick but maybe thats not the best way.
So for the first time in my life i'm going to try calorie counting, feels a bit strange to be trying a eating plan i haven't tried before but i'm going to give it a bash. I'm starting tomorrow and going to try for 1700 calories because thats what the iphone app told me :D I have no idea how many calories i usually eat, a lot i imagine. I really want to try exercising, at the moment i'm having issues with asthma and can barely move without needing an oxygen tank, got the doctors tomorrow so if they can figure out whats going on and if it can be controlled, i really want to start swimming and walking, i'd like to try jogging but guess i should work my way upto that :D
So i guess you are my new neighbours :wavey: x

Heyy Nicki!!

And welcome to calorie counting! :D Everyone's sooooooo friendly here and really do help you out so much! :) You're in good hands :p

Glad to see you're deciding to calorie count, it never restricts you, you can eat whatever the heck you like and as long as you make the right choices you'll never feel hungry :)

And it's really great to hear that you want to exercise, go for it! :D Good luck on your calorie counting journey! Looking forward to hearing from you on here! :)

Hello and welcome Nicki!! Congratulations on making the step to becoming a healthier you! We're all here for you if you have an questions or need a bit of support :) x

Welcome and good luck! xxx

Thanks for the lovely messages.
First day is going great so far. Just finished a lovely tea of pasta carbonara and feeling very liberated. I've had just over 1000 calories today so have 700ish left which is good for me and i'm a grazer and tend to pick in the evenings. I prob don't eat enough during the day, i work from 8-3 and have 2 15 min breaks so not really long enough to get anything for lunch, i tend to just have snacks.

The thing i've found great about today is although what i've eaten today isn't particularly bad, i wouldn't be allowed it on any of my other diets or i could but wouldn't be able to have anything else.

Hiya! Welcome! Good luck, and well done on your first day :) xx

Well i must confess i didn't last the week :break_diet: infact lasted about 2 1/2 days, really need to learn another coping mechanism. Its been a pretty bad week at work, my manager has been moved depts and my new manager has gone on holiday so i've found having no support at work really hard. I've been 'on' for 14 days now and we've missed ovulation :badmood:because of it this month, So thats making me upset and hormonal.
On the plus side i actually found the diet suited me well because i could still have my coke and the odd bag of crisps :bliss:. I'm only in work a few days next week then i'm off so not sure if this will be good or bad but i have some plans, for the next week i'm going to track everything even if i'm on a binge maybe if i see how much i eat it'll stop me the next time :eatdrink051:I'm going to try and stay on track all week but won't beat myself up about it too much if i slip. Hope you all have a lovely weekend :wavey:

Well i must confess i didn't last the week :break_diet: infact lasted about 2 1/2 days, really need to learn another coping mechanism. Its been a pretty bad week at work, my manager has been moved depts and my new manager has gone on holiday so i've found having no support at work really hard. I've been 'on' for 14 days now and we've missed ovulation :badmood:because of it this month, So thats making me upset and hormonal.
On the plus side i actually found the diet suited me well because i could still have my coke and the odd bag of crisps :bliss:. I'm only in work a few days next week then i'm off so not sure if this will be good or bad but i have some plans, for the next week i'm going to track everything even if i'm on a binge maybe if i see how much i eat it'll stop me the next time :eatdrink051:I'm going to try and stay on track all week but won't beat myself up about it too much if i slip. Hope you all have a lovely weekend :wavey:

Hey! Sending you a big hug!! I hope your ok my lovely! I have gained 2 pounds this week!! We all have our ups and downs just don't let it knock you off track. It really does help to write things down and there is so much support on this forum. Stay positive and keep ya chin up :)

Yes, do write it down anyway. Not writing it down is a way of saying you're ashamed and want to hide it - but it's your body and your decision what to eat, and you don't have to be ashamed of anything. Be honest with yourself, you have nothing to hide.

Hehe it is funny though how we try to hide the truth from ourselves. Yesterday my daughter was coming to visit and I knew I'd probably have two cans of cider instead of the one my diet allows for. I decided I would allow myself to go over that day rather than cut out any nutritional food. So I was going to not list the extra can on my intake for the day!! Then I thought to myself wtf am I doing that for? Just write it down and approve the extra calories lol!

Thanks for the pep talk, i'm feeling a lot brighter today and i'm on track today, being at home hasn't been as much of a struggle as i thought mainly because there is not much in the place. I have had 855cals so far today which i thought was really good but now i've added it all up i see its not that good. No idea what is for tea something low cal i imagine :D
I am a little confused about how many calories i'm supposed to be eating because different places say different things and one told be to eat loads on 2 days but less on all the others, so i'm aiming for between 1500 - 1700 seems a safe bet until someone can tell me whats right and wrong. Bit worried if i don't eat enough i'll be in starvation mode because this body expects alot of calories :rotflmao:
Well i'm off to do some study to distract me from food and because the course starts in a week and i'm already panicing.

Well how I have calculated mine is I found out my *lean* weight and did my BMR from that using the McArdle whatnot formula. With the activity factor as well (for sedentary in my case) that worked out I need approx 1800Kcal daily. So aiming for 1000Kcal daily, and allowing for the occasional bad day, that should lose me about 1.5lb a week.

When I tried to do it based on my actual weight (currently about 260lb) it gave me some ridiculously high calorie need that I already know from experience won't reduce my weight!

I am a little confused about how many calories i'm supposed to be eating because different places say different things and one told be to eat loads on 2 days but less on all the others, so i'm aiming for between 1500 - 1700 seems a safe bet until someone can tell me whats right and wrong. Bit worried if i don't eat enough i'll be in starvation mode because this body expects alot of calories :rotflmao:
Just follow these two steps and you'll find out how many calories you need :) Harris-Benedict equation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You might wanna read this as well since you're worried about "starvation mode" The Starvation Myth

Morning all,
Well the weekend was pretty bad food wise but good exercise wise, i walked over 7000 steps and my target was 2500.

Still got no idea what i'm doing calories wise, tempted to do 2 days a week at 2000 and the rest at 1500, but i'm still rather confused. I did buy a little calorie bible so hope that helps.
I've always wondered why on days where i don't care what i eat, i can go hours without wanting food. The days i'm being good all i think about is food, aaagggghhh!

Back