.Nicki. - time flies.

Thanks Kitty and kitteh!
Seems my plans today were a bit pointless as hubby has decided that he wouldn't be able to stick to sw, so we've come up with the plan of me planning the 2 weeks food for me and on the things he doesn't like he'll make his own dinner so he'll basically be doing it at home but not when he's out. To be fair to him, at work he's on the move all day all over the county, he does a physical job so sandwiches at lunch and cereal for breakie is easier for him and that is where we had problems last time.

I am a little miffed though because yesterday when we were talking about it for hours, I said we should do weight watchers because then he could have anything and he was like no no i want to do slimming world. Think it might be the fact he knows with weight watchers he'd have to manage it himself and not rely on me to sort all his meals. Actually i'm more then a little miffed, i'm pissed, so after all that, I am doing it on my own. :mad:

correction huni you have us :D we will help you sweetheart. I know its annoying but you can do this. He could still have his cereal and his sarnie on SW. He could have normal bread rather than nimble ok its tweaking but sw could so easily be tweaked to suit his needs. And all main meals he should have the same as you :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My partner does that and hes still losing weight, probs better than i am too! He has my meals at home and when hes out and about he has whatever.. Don't think about it like he isnt doing it with you if its just going to be when hes out the house and at work, but even if thats the case you have us =)

Here is Andys spag bol sauce recipe :)

1. Brown mince in frylight.
2. Add garlic (we use very lazy garlic) and small teaspoon of chilli (also very lazy chilli!) optional though of course :)
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, stir in and heat through.
5. Add 1 carton of passata, stir in.
6. Add 5 or 6 splashes of Worcestershire sauce.
7. Add dried mixed herbs to taste.
8. Add more salt/pepper if required and stir all together.
9. Add beef oxo cube, crumble it straight into the pan and stir in well.
10. Leave to simmer until sauce thickens :D
11. Serve with spaghetti or pasta or your choice.
12. OM NOM NOM! :D

Hope thats helpful, if you want a sauce for pasta its really good even without the mince, yum :) x

Thanks guys, he's such a pain in the arse!
He's now said that he'd like to go to group and keep his meals, snacks sw friendly
:banghead: wish he'd make up his freaking mind. I said to him that I am joining group tomorrow, so he needs to make a decision by tomorrow!

Anyone watching masterchef? what the hell is going on with the voiceover? not liking it, bring back the women!!

feeling a little nervous about tomorrow actually, its not a group I've been to before but its at 5.30 and all others around here at 7.30 and i hate eating before weigh in so wanted an earlier one.

Alas no group for me today. Dot ran out of juice, the dial must have got stuck as by the time I got home it was teetering on empty and hubby isn't home yet. I'm not really worried, can join any group and just choose which one to weigh in at and a friend was thinking about joining next week so I might just go with her.
Thankfully hubby is taking the petrol can with him tomorrow and will get some for me, prob have enough to get to the petrol station but he doesn't want me to risk it just in case, saves me a fiver :D
Was supposed to be at work tomorrow but they are so over on hours they said today I could take it as holiday, saves me having to get up and then get sent home early like usual.
Suffering from the diet switch, thought its because the first to days were a bit greasy but today I had pasta bake and I still have the most hideous stomach aches.

Hi Bestie,

Sorry to hear you're a bit under the weather x Could it be a kind of reaction from eating again after having shakes? Anyway, hope it settles down very soon xxx

I think you could both do SW without too much trouble. My son Andrew has lost 2st on it...but he's not following it to the letter. He has 2 A's and 2 B's each day, and he has normal wm bread. We have lf cheeses, lean meat, lf butter, skimmed milk, diet drinks, lf crisps etc so if he helps himself to anything, its guaranteed to be relatively low syn. And I make sure he has a healthy sw meal in the evening. So we tweak his food all the time...but he's still lost 2st! At the end of the day, he's eating healthily instead of pigging out on rubbish, so he's learning to make the right choices, and losing weight at the same time. Of course its a lot slower than if he was doing it 100%, but he's happy, and he's sticking to it, and its working!

So maybe you could do a similar thing with hubbs? A lot of the time I doubt he'd even know he was on a diet xxx

Lots of love xxx

Hiya Nicki, am thinking of joining sw meself. There's a class on this morning and I have a coupon to join for half price. hmm decisions decisions.

Hi Bestie,

Sorry to hear you're a bit under the weather x Could it be a kind of reaction from eating again after having shakes? Anyway, hope it settles down very soon xxx

I think you could both do SW without too much trouble. My son Andrew has lost 2st on it...but he's not following it to the letter. He has 2 A's and 2 B's each day, and he has normal wm bread. We have lf cheeses, lean meat, lf butter, skimmed milk, diet drinks, lf crisps etc so if he helps himself to anything, its guaranteed to be relatively low syn. And I make sure he has a healthy sw meal in the evening. So we tweak his food all the time...but he's still lost 2st! At the end of the day, he's eating healthily instead of pigging out on rubbish, so he's learning to make the right choices, and losing weight at the same time. Of course its a lot slower than if he was doing it 100%, but he's happy, and he's sticking to it, and its working!

So maybe you could do a similar thing with hubbs? A lot of the time I doubt he'd even know he was on a diet xxx

Lots of love xxx

Yeah think its prob going from shakes to food, another thing that keeps happening is that I feel so sick after i eat :cry:hopefully things will go back to normal soon.

Hiya Nicki, am thinking of joining sw meself. There's a class on this morning and I have a coupon to join for half price. hmm decisions decisions.

Do it! Always worth a try, I no I tend to flit from diet to diet but I always end up back at slimming world because I no it works. I'm fussy and lazy so tend to end up eating the same thing but i'm determined to be more organised this time around

So i'm planning and I've come to the conclusion that the only way I'm going to stick to this for the long hall is by learning to love EE. I usually stick to green but tend to end up eating the same thing, getting bored and quiting but i'm afraid of EE, I don't eat a lot of veg which makes EE more of a challenge.
I eat coleslaw (which even in its bought form I believe is EE friendly because the syns are for the dressing) cucumber, a little salad, apples, bananas, satsumas and err thats about it really. I remember my old consultant once said about thinking about the whole day as a plate rather then just each meal but I don't no, its the one aspect of slimming world I've never tried. So how am I going to eat enough superfree food to make this work? is it even doable?

EE is literally extra easy haha.. Just look down the list of super free foods you love and write them down.. add them to each meal.. add them into the meal, on your plate.. so long as 1/3 is superfree!!! basically its there to stop you filling that extra third of your plate with meat and potatos..

I first did SW EE before they insisted on having 1/3 of your plate superfree and I still lost weight then. I didn't used to be much of a fruit&veg eater, altho I am a lot more now. I tend to chuck veg into recipes etc or I have those frozen micro bags of veg as a side, don't like having to think about it too much.

Sometimes I do feel like the only reason I'm eating too much is because I have to get the 1/3 in so how much good can it be doing me? I'm an inherantly greedy person with food, I'll eat what's in front of me, hungry or not, so I actually believe that just making my regular healthy portions a bit smaller can make more of a difference.

My advice would be don't stress about the 1/3, concentrate on the other 2/3 ;) Good Luck xxx

Thanks, so i could just have cucumber and coleslaw on the side, mmmm like the sound of that. Maverick I always thought they never used to insist on it, but i thought i was just dreaming. I'm hoping as I have so much to lose for the first couple of stone it won't matter if i don't stick to the rules 100%.
Don't laugh but i just got a plate out and 1/3 isn't actually as much as i thought, this might just be doable, feels a little wrong though to be mixing red and green days.

I think, going by what Dawn has said, you can easily tweak the rules a bit to find something that works. The worst thing you could do is to feel restricted by the rules and give up.

And yeh, you definitely could have just cucumber and coleslaw (synning the dressing) to make up your 1/3 :) xx

Hi!
Do you like onions, tomatoes or onions? If so you can make a simple sauce out of those which would then be a good amount of superfree too?
Just an idea. I don't usually do EE so hope I havent got it wrong here.
I think Maverick is right though. Don't fret about the superfree amount. Hopefully in time it will just fall in place.
What are your favourite meals? Could you post them here and we can all try make them as SW friendly as possible?
Good luck!

i have a tiny confession, i dont REALLY follow EE to the letter, I pretty much do EE but without the 1/3 superfree :/ I really dont like fruit AT ALL, an apple if i can push myself to eat one. Veg i do like, but i just dont tend to have it in the house. So i do EE but I've never followed the 1/3 super free food part of it. And look at the weight loss... so it does work :D xx

I think like the others have said you just have to find what works for you. I do extra easy and I pretty much have my super free for breakfast and lunch but don't always bother for my evening meal as feel like I've had enough in the day. I'm just starting to mix it up a little with the odd red or green day for the extra healthy extras. Goodluck with your journey. Try not to look to far ahead and set yourself little goals to work to. :) x

Back