.Nicki. - time flies.

what day is your class? seems a shame to wait when you're ready to go hun

Not to sure yet, if my cousin wants to join i'll let her pick the class as she's the one with the newborn. If shes not to fussed about it i'll join Monday but that means going back to the class i used to around the corner which i didn't want to do but i really want to start.

Hellooooo bestie!

Wow! You don't mess about when you've made up your mind do you lol!

Meal plans...shopping lists...joining group...youre doing brilliantly sweetie!

And try the lentil soup, and the microwave dahl recipe too...they're both yummy! Xxx

you no me superbestie :superwoman: I don't do things by half.

I'm mad at Tesco though after all that they substituted all 12 of my yogurts for disgusting flavours, hows a girl supposed to make magic porridge without yogurts?:copon:

Hubby is going to a big tesco near where he's working today to get me some.

So today i'm thinking i'll make the bolognaise tomato sauce thing and then i can freeze it, will that work? and the soup? which hubby can have for tea if i don't like.

I freeze both Nicki and both seem fine :D

The lentil and bacon soup is free on EE and its amazing do try it. Its also very very filling.

It says to use a whole pack of red split lentils which is about 90p. I made it last week with half a pack and just as nice :D

6 rashers bacon chopped and all fat removed
onions
carrots
potatoes
2 knorr vegetable stock pots (gel ones)
salt pepper

basically wash the lentils in a seive
shove everything diced up into a saucepan
add water
and simmer until veg cooked
topping water up for the right thickness
then eat lumpy or blend and add a little water if too thick. I love it thick :D

another thing we love in the winter is a stew and jacket spuds again free on EE

pack casserole beef as lean as you can find
pack of extra lean mince
onion
veggies, ie lots of root veggies chopped up carrots, anything else you like a parnsip...
2 beef stock pots knorr
water

simmer away in the slow cooker if you have one all day :) or in the oven on low for several hours

this feeds six of us with left overs so you could have over a couple of days or freeze some :) or just buy smaller packs of the meat. Its filling and real comfort food. Its also lovely with the smash cheese scones on the top for the last 25 mins. Feels like norty food :D

Glad to hear you sound so happy Nicki and motivated. Just remember these words each time you feel down 'YOU CAN DO THIS' XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Well said Jackie! Lots of good info for you there bestie x

Do u like spicy stuff? Only there's a microwave lentil dahl which takes 20 mins to do...but its very spicy lol!

And I just KNOW you're not REALLY going to give my little Maisie away on FB...;)

I freeze both Nicki and both seem fine :D

The lentil and bacon soup is free on EE and its amazing do try it. Its also very very filling.

It says to use a whole pack of red split lentils which is about 90p. I made it last week with half a pack and just as nice :D

6 rashers bacon chopped and all fat removed
onions
carrots
potatoes
2 knorr vegetable stock pots (gel ones)
salt pepper

basically wash the lentils in a seive
shove everything diced up into a saucepan
add water
and simmer until veg cooked
topping water up for the right thickness
then eat lumpy or blend and add a little water if too thick. I love it thick :D

another thing we love in the winter is a stew and jacket spuds again free on EE

pack casserole beef as lean as you can find
pack of extra lean mince
onion
veggies, ie lots of root veggies chopped up carrots, anything else you like a parnsip...
2 beef stock pots knorr
water

simmer away in the slow cooker if you have one all day :) or in the oven on low for several hours

this feeds six of us with left overs so you could have over a couple of days or freeze some :) or just buy smaller packs of the meat. Its filling and real comfort food. Its also lovely with the smash cheese scones on the top for the last 25 mins. Feels like norty food :D

Glad to hear you sound so happy Nicki and motivated. Just remember these words each time you feel down 'YOU CAN DO THIS' XXXXXXXXXXXXX

mmm i have all those ingredients for the lentil soup, will try that tomorrow (cooking day has been postponed) mainly because I can't be bothered to clean the kitchen first

Well said Jackie! Lots of good info for you there bestie x

Do u like spicy stuff? Only there's a microwave lentil dahl which takes 20 mins to do...but its very spicy lol!

And I just KNOW you're not REALLY going to give my little Maisie away on FB...;)

I'm not a big fan of spicy food, can just about cope with a Korma. I'm tempted today, she's doing my head in, she's got into the habit of digging her cage, which is metal and at this point its like nails on a chalkboard to me. So i've locked her out her cage for now, she's a bit confused and is now sitting in her hay bowl :badmood: i'm thinking she'd make a good bunny pie!

:rant2:So i'm feeling unwell again, hubby slept in my room last night and I slept a lot better then I have been and whilst I love having me own room, I've decided to move back into his room because things will never be right between us while in different rooms.
Anyway so i've moved a wardrobe, 2 sets of drawers and a bookcase only to find his drawers are still broken despite him saying he'd fixed them, so his clothes are now dumped on the floor. I've have completely moved his room around but hoping he won't mind too much as i'm back in there. I was feeling ok until i did all that, so i went for a nice cold shower, used my posh, lush aussie shampoo, stepped out the shower nice and cool only to find he'd dumped his wet stinky towl on my nice fresh ones :banghead: so now i feel like i haven't showered because i had to use a stinky damp towel :flamingmad: oh and then, THEN my fan broke :psiholog: seriously this is catastrophic for me, I can't sleep without a breeze on my face, even in winter, to be fair its had a good run but where the heck am i going to get a fan in midwinter?

I can't get sick again, i want to go meet baby William on Monday, She'll think i'm making it up if i put it off again. I've put pictures of what i made for him, i'm pretty certain his mum isn't on Minimins if she is, DON'T LOOK, needs a wash and then it will be perfect!

Attachments

• SDC11294.jpg
    SDC11294.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 108
  • SDC11295.jpg
    SDC11295.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 96
:wow: Nicki thats stunning. She will love it. You likely feeling rough from moving stuff around sweetie it does that to me. Especially dust.

Bet alot of shops on ebay will have fans? I too love the fan on and had ceiling ones put in, but OH gets cold and turns it off :( grrrrrrr men! lol

Make the soup tomorrow sweetie as its yummy, freezes happily and is so filling. Its my absolute favourite. I shove all sorts of veggies in it :D xxxxx

Thanks hun, I love cross stitching and do a fair bit but this is the neatest thing i've ever done, every stitch goes the same way :eek: i wanted it to be perfect!

I've found a little 7inch fan in Argos, they still have quite a few so hubby said he'd pick it up on his way back from work. Nice little one will fit on my bedside table, used to have it on the floor pointing up at me although he'd never dare turn it off,

Well hubby has gone out and i'm trying to distract myself from the call of Dominos pizza. Might go make sw bbq sause while i'm in the cooking mood! Aggghhhh i want pizza :cry:

soup is like water even though all the veg is blended, but just chucked a few more spuds in to cook to see if that helps (and it tastes ming) and the bbq just exploded out of the blender all over my hand (it was straight out the pan so stupidly hot) and that tastes like vingary tomato sauce, wasn't expecting heinz but it doesn't tast of bbq at all

how many stock pots thingys did you put in the soup sweetie? could you add one more? potatoe will definately help thicken it. what soup were you making

BBQ sauce. I had that problem too... vinegary. Did you have to put balsamic in? maybe a bit much. sorry about your hand sweetie you okay??? what ingredients went into the sauce>

it was mixed veg, so to be fair there wasn't much chance me loving it. Yeah it had balsamic in, about 4 tbsp, did seem alot but there was alot of sauce so went with it. Kind of hoping it will be better when cold but not holding out much hope,

turned to leave the kitchen to see that the yellow wall had been painted with bbq sauce, hubby is gonna go nuts.

oh dear :( will it wipe off sweetie with a slightly damp cloth it should do. did you add 2 knorr stock pots to your soup? if not pop another in.

BBQ sauce what were the other ingredients? you could try adding a tsp of sugar teaspoon only too see if it knocks the vinegar on the head. what else was in it? was it soy sauce> if so pop 1 more tablespoon of that in

if you like rice add a little bit of rice to soak up the excess.. i love putting rice in my soup.. dont be afraid to use a few stock cubes or whatever because they're free and it makes it have that bit extra taste.. if you're doing ee, use ham to give it a nice taste.. like bacon or just trimmed ham

Back