.Nicki. - time flies.

So first night back with hubby was restless, the cat, obviously over excited that i was in the same room as her, kept climbing on me, woke up 3 times with her asleep over my legs. The husband, obviously missed me and kept trying to cuddle me, cute yes but not at 2am when i'm tired and trying to sleep. I can't cuddle and sleep, i need my own space especially after 4 months in her own bed, he went to work at 7am and i woke up and 11.45am, opps! Then i dropped my toast, peanut butter and jam side down, :boohoo: just feeling a little down today and i woke up with the sniffles, but i think its prob just from moving all the dusty furniture yesterday. I get to see baby tomorrow, although feeling a little anxious about it in all honesty.

Woke up to a message from someone who a close friend but we've drifted apart and she is currently on her round the world trip, had to update her on the events of the last 6 months. Felt odd that someone who is such a good friend knows nothing about whats happened and she'll be mad that I haven't told her, but what am i going to do? email her and tell her all about my doom and gloom, she's the other side of the world. I have family that have no idea whats happened this year, Anyway the point to that little rant is that there are a few people on here, that i've met on here that I feel very close to and i'd be pretty lost without (sure you know who you are)
anyway, this post has absolutly no point but it did kill 30mins.

Aww sweetheart :bighug: :bighug: Things will work out okay :D they really will. :bighug:

bless re the cat :rolleyes: Carla often goes out for a wee before OH comes up to bed having fallen asleep on the sofa at 2am :( she will then bound up the stairs like an elephant leap on the bed and snog me...... bless her, not at 2am though!

I am sure you will get used to being back in the same room sweetie, takes time.

Hows food today? Did you manage to rescue your soup? I need to make some more lentil and bacon soup and keep putting it off as can't be bothered to move today due to lack of sleep which has left me very very grumpy indeedy :(

I am sure your friend will understand :bighug:

Are you going to group tomorrow? If so let me know how you get on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posts like that are helpful, getting things off your chest is good. does no good to no-one to bottle things up, trust me i know.

hopefully you'll get more sleep tonight. xx

Aww sweetheart :bighug: :bighug: Things will work out okay :D they really will. :bighug:

bless re the cat :rolleyes: Carla often goes out for a wee before OH comes up to bed having fallen asleep on the sofa at 2am :( she will then bound up the stairs like an elephant leap on the bed and snog me...... bless her, not at 2am though!

I am sure you will get used to being back in the same room sweetie, takes time.

Hows food today? Did you manage to rescue your soup? I need to make some more lentil and bacon soup and keep putting it off as can't be bothered to move today due to lack of sleep which has left me very very grumpy indeedy :(

I am sure your friend will understand :bighug:

Are you going to group tomorrow? If so let me know how you get on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Soup was rescued, really thickened when it went cold, Hubbs tried it when he got home and said it tasted like veg soup so I think I just don't like veg but at least I tried. There is no rescuing the bbq sauce though, think i'll stick the the ready made stuff and syn it!
You should go for a nap but actually naps tend to make me feel worse and then i can't sleep the next night so maybe doing something will help distract you from the tiredness. My food at the moment is a bit hit and miss, just using the last odds and sods that were left from before but still can't eat a lot so thats a positive. I don't want to use to much of my nice sw food until i've started. I'm going to speak to my cousin tomorrow when i go see her and the baby, if she doesn't want to join for a while I will find the courage to rejoin my old group tomorrow night. If she does want to join I'll let her pick the group but I will be joining A group at some point this week. My scales say i've put on all the cambridge weight but I don't really care to be honest, I knew it would happen because I didn't refeed properly but I've had a week of what i've wanted and it'll be off again in a few weeks.

I can't sleep, you no when everything seems wrong pillows ate itchy, mattress is too hard, duvet is lumpy, can't breathe, nose in running and just don't feel tired :( hubby is tutting every time I move, moaning the tv is on! Wish I had my room back!

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

hugs nicki, just give hubbs a slap from me ;)

Today has been hard, basically I have been trying not to cry since I watched that bloody advert.
Spent a few hours with my cousin and her beautiful baby, omg he is devine, he has a full head of brown hair and is so long and he looks like a boy (i have 3 nieces and when they were babies you could only tell sex because they were in pink) Did get a bit weepy there too when we were talking about my trying and her trying again, but I no what needs to be done.

So diets came up obviously and we were discussing options, it was basically agreed upon that we needed to do it together, we both have a lot to lose and need to do it. I think of her as a big sister more than a cousin, if anyone can pick me up and keep me going it's her (in real life, you guys are awesome at doing there to, but there is less treat of slaps because you're all far away :D) So we're going to have our own weight lose group at her house on a Tuesday, i'm always off on Tuesdays and It takes 5 mins to get there on Dot so its flexible with the baby. Will be putting the £5 a week away for when we get to target. We've also decided that in the real world that weight watchers is best for us both because obviously with a new born
and on the days for me when getting out of bed isn't happening, cooking sw style isn't always going to be doable. I think the plan is to sign up with ww online (because its £10 a month) and I will eat as close to slimming world as i can, it also eliminates me having to worry about the 1/3 free food and will teach me portion control which always tends to go out the window on sw because i'm greedy.
To be honest the diet isn't really important for me, I no i can do both and i no both work, just having her with me is probably going to make the world of difference to me and who can argue with baby cuddles weekly?
I should point out that this doesn't diminish the effect/influence you guys have but I think sometimes having someone physically next to you, who knows exactly how you feel and who has the same goal (babies) is a little different and what i've always lacked.

Oh and I got home to find Maisie had managed to open her cage door and had chowed down on daddies xbox cable, thank god she chose that one because all the others were live, Hubby went nuts though, don't think he's realised what might have happened if she'd chosen another one (that thought made me cry again)

Tell you what though today has given me one hell of a tension headache and i have no pain killers :sigh:

sounds like a fantastic plan!! be sure to go through quidco and you'll get £30 cashback so practically 3 months free :)

silly maisie! glad she's ok

sounds like a fantastic plan!! be sure to go through quidco and you'll get £30 cashback so practically 3 months free :)

silly maisie! glad she's ok

Thanks hun, Defo gone through quidco, might not get it though because i've signed up through them before, although i've used a different email, so we shall see!

Hi bestie xxx

Glad you've got a plan if action sweetie!

Bet u can't wait! Xx

Thanks bestie, it's nice having a plan and I'm glad to be starting something properly but I'm leaving my diary here (it's friendlier)

Forgot to say earlier I weighed when I was at hers and I've gained 12lbs in a week, back up to 22st exactly, least it's a nice even number but it's like my body knows that's the starting point!

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hey Bestie!

Well, like you say, 22 is a nice round number and an excellent starting point! ;)

And you've made so many lovely friends here who would love to see how you're doing and try to support you...in fact I don't think I've ever seen your diary as busy as it has been for the last week or two!
You know we don't know much about ww, but we know quite a lot about you, so we will all be here for you x Whether you find that's a good thing or a bad thing remains to be seen lol!
Have a great day hunni, and thanks so much for your lovely words on my diary xxx

Last time you are going to see that number sweetie :D

do you have the relax/chillpod?? can you listen to it last thing at night? I think over a period of time it works fab. Took a few days to fall asleep to it but I do every time now :D

:bighug:

They used to send me to sleep but I tried to listen last night and his voice irritated me, think thats because I was already so tired and grouchy!
Hubby said that he'll swap the mattresses over when he gets home and see if that helps. Think he's a little annoyed because thats the new expensive mattress but after sleeping on the other one its like sleeping on a slab!

Hey Bestie!

Well, like you say, 22 is a nice round number and an excellent starting point! ;)

And you've made so many lovely friends here who would love to see how you're doing and try to support you...in fact I don't think I've ever seen your diary as busy as it has been for the last week or two!
You know we don't know much about ww, but we know quite a lot about you, so we will all be here for you x Whether you find that's a good thing or a bad thing remains to be seen lol!
Have a great day hunni, and thanks so much for your lovely words on my diary xxx

Haha defiantly consider it a good thing. It has been pretty busy recently, which is one of the reasons i'm going to leave it here for a while. Its not like i talk about much food in it anyway and I can always start a food diary in the ww bit but it scares me a little over there :eek:

Had an unpleasent encounter with the postman this morning. At 7.30 I woke up to the sound of hammering on the door, seriously thought someone was trying to kick the door down, then he laughed at me in my nightie (he's bloody lucky i remembered to put it on) and then, THEN, he verbally abused me. If i hadn't been so dazed and confused I would have decked him, its November and there is nothing Merry or Christmasy about it!

Last edited:
Back