.Nicki. - time flies.

Happy New Year Minis, hope you all had a good night. I'd like to tell you about my amazing night but honestly I was in bed :rotflmao: We went over to the in laws earlier in the night for a takeaway but we were back home by 10pm and was in bed by 11pm (the joys of living opposite them) but made an immense roast for tea tonight, it was way better then Christmas dinner, sods law!

So I've been thinking about 2012 and what I need to do to make it better than last year. Hubbs and I are going to the gym tomorrow, going to go at least 3 times a week
:whacky068: I know I can't do a lot at the moment but a little bit of something is better then a lot of nothing!

Food wise I defiantly need to be doing some kind of eating plan and I mentioned to my mum in law about rejoining group tomorrow and she asked if she could come with me
:doh:Sure it won't be too bad but even after 7 years we're not all that close and i've never spent any time with her (tend to keep myself out of the family due to tensions with sister in law) but she seemed quite enthusiastic about it. She's quite big but never dieted so not sure how she'd find it, does mean I can't give up now though :whistle:

So yeah there are the main plans of action, will hear about the job this week and er that's about it.

Hi Bestie!

Happy New Year!!!

So...are you going to do SW again?

I need a real kick up the backside to get me back on plan as i'm about 9lbs up now! Just can't stop eating all the rubbish!

So if you do start up again, come and give me a boot please! I HAVE to start again tomorrow!!!

Lots of love xxx

Hi Bestie!

Happy New Year!!!

So...are you going to do SW again?

I need a real kick up the backside to get me back on plan as i'm about 9lbs up now! Just can't stop eating all the rubbish!

So if you do start up again, come and give me a boot please! I HAVE to start again tomorrow!!!

Lots of love xxx

Hey Bestie,
Pfff 9lbs is nothing, you'll be shot of that by the end of Jan!
But yes I am doing slimming world again, going tonight to get all the new books and what not and then I'll be start a fresh tomorrow. It kind of dawned on me that It doesn't really matter what diet I chose, I'm going to be giving up something be it carbs or meat or ready made stuff and its really just about sticking to it (which is my main issue) But I think it will be slightly easier with this new job, not having to be there at 6.30 being the main one, so i'm feeling a little bit hopeful that I can do it this time.

Hmmm got to say its only the 2nd day of the year and its already a million times better then last, won't say too much on a public forum but a new year heart to heart has certainly changed things around:love:

Mother in law isn't coming tonight, can't say I'm upset I was more nervous about going with her then going on my own. Bit nervous about facing the consultant again, she's lovely but i've joined 3 times and never really stuck to it whole heartedly. :fear:

I not going to set any resolutions this year mainly because I usually forget them by the second week of January. But I am going to set myself some challenges, first one is to try a new fruit and veg a week
:greenapple:kind of hoping to discover some new likes to makes this diet malarkey easier!

Going to the new morrisons that has just opened tomorrow and going to stock up on 1/2syns sausages :D deffo going to give EE a go but not worry about the 1/3 extra free for the time being. Looking forward to getting some Hifi's tonight, missed the chocolate orange ones!

Yay!!! Go Bestie!!! :bliss:

So glad you're giving sw another go!!! And I've started today too...so we can do it together! :hug99:

Good luck with your meeting tonight, I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine. It'll be good for you to start with the new books/food weights etc as it means you'll have to keep reading them and referring back to them. It's really easy to get complacent and think you know it when you don't...or at least it's easy for ME to do that lol!

Let us know how you get on hunni,

Lots of love xxx

Hey nicki, well done for getting back to slimming world, good luck tonight!

I hope you don't mind me stopping by, just wanted to say hey so hey xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
its ok hun, yo'll soon be shifting those lbs :)

did you get the new starter pack? Ive been looking online for one but they're selling for £25-£30 which is way too much! is it worth getting it do you think?

Any plans for today? xx

Good Afternoon,

Still recovering from the scales (shocked me how much its shaken me already because I was so confident)
Anyway i'm getting over it, today hasn't gone great in all honesty, we were going shopping first thing so I could start today but a hammering at the door this morning killed those plans, Father in laws car battery had died and he was taking grandfather in law to the hospital from so tests so he needed hubbs to drive them and now hubbs is at the back so won't be going till later and i've eaten a big bag of Doritos throughout the morning because there is nothing else here but at least they are gone now.

I have come up with a new challenge for myself, I'm going to grow my own fruits and veg in the garden - I've set up a new blog (see my sig) maybe it will help with the try a new fruit and veg a week and anything I have left or don't eat I can give to the homeless shelter. That might be overly optimistic considering i've never gardened in my life, need to go do some research and buy some books be think!

ohh growing your own fruit and veg is great fun and also quite the work out when working in the plot!! Will be joining you on that one, going to attempt peppers this year :) x

its ok hun, yo'll soon be shifting those lbs :)

did you get the new starter pack? Ive been looking online for one but they're selling for £25-£30 which is way too much! is it worth getting it do you think?

Any plans for today? xx

ohh growing your own fruit and veg is great fun and also quite the work out when working in the plot!! Will be joining you on that one, going to attempt peppers this year :) x

Hey Honey,
Sorry must have posted at the same time. I did get the new starter pack and to be honest I wouldn't pay that much for one, the weights have changed by 2gs in most cases.

The workout did come to mind, not sure how i'll get on because I don't really no where to start but found a few books which might be worth getting.

You up to much today?

decide what you want to plant and look online for help. i've found that way better than books. there's a few good magazines too which you can find on ebay for a few quid.

not up to much. went walking now watching 24 and trying to do some tidying but have been distracted on here. you doing anything?

Good afternoon minis,

Officially started the diet today with a fruit salad for breakfast, not decided what to have to lunch or tea yet or even what day i'm doing so as organised as ever, got plenty in the fridge although I forgot EGGS :mad: could well go for an omelette, hmmmm.
I think i've realised why I can never get to grips with the extra easy days, I hate only having 1 portion of cheese a day!

Not got many plans for the day, hubbys car is going in for repairs, need to organise Dot to be fixed as she's been out of action for almost a month.

Still not got a starting date for the job, was hoping they'd tell me today because then I wouldn't have to go back to the call centre, but I guess its not the end of the world.

Good luck for your first day back on SW :) Hope you here from the job soon xx

Back