.Nicki's. Diary - oooo 5.5lbs lost and pink shiney to go with!

.Nicki.

Minimin Addict
I've decided to write a diary and i'm going to start with a list of all the reasons i want to lose weight so if i ever feel like giving up again i can read it and hope it keeps me on track.

1. You desperatly want to be a mum and it is not going to happen being 21 stone something and even if it did you'd struggle with everything during and after birth.
2. You are miserable, even when you pretend not to be and put a brave fact, you are still miserable.
3. The weight holds you back in everything you do, even the little things and after 20 odd years it needs to change.

Well they are the main things, my biggest enemy is myself and i've realised that in the last few months. I am rejoining sw on Monday and i'm rejoining a brand new group, joined my other ones so many times i'd be too embarrassed to go back again but its a new start and new group seems like a good plan. I've just started an open uni course and i'm hoping being distracted by course work will distract from food.

I'm not exactly a newbie when it comes to slimming world and i've been to pretty much all the groups in my area. I joined a new one today and i have to say the consultant was lovely, first group i've ever joined and not thought about not coming back.
On the down side i have put all my weight back on and i now weigh 22stone2lbs but at least its a nice round number :D No point complaining about it now its my own fault, time to get it off. My first main target 10% which is 2 stone 3lb!

Thanks honey,

Day one is going pretty well, would have been a lot better if i'd been shopping. Having a chinese tonight, i usually have chicken chow mein so will stick the the usual and not have any chicken balls, oh how i love chicken balls with lashings of sweet and sour sauce but losing weight is more important.
Worried about Friday as i'm going to Thorpe park and i really want to stay on track, going to have to get some picnic stuff made. Its for a birthday so i have to make a birthday cake, oooooh its going to be a testing end to the week.

Yesterday i spent the day at Thorpe park and i was miserable. Although i spent the day with my 2 best friends, we spent the day following the rest of the group while they went on the big rides. I'd love to go on those rides, i love theme park rides but i no longer fit in the chairs. By 6pm hubbs had to take me home because i couldn't walk anymore, the others stayed till 10pm. This morning i can barely move, my legs are seized and my joints are swollen.
But i'm still sat here eating a bar of chocolate while i type, i still haven't done a full day on the diet, i don't no why i do it to myself and i don't no why i can't do it.

Go back and spend some time reading a few really inspiring diaries...like capricorn's (shedding the wobble) !!! and just think...if they can do it so can I. Good luck and there is a lot of support on minimins for you. TB

wishing you loads of luck. we are our own worst enemy but notice I am saying we not you. We all stuff it up sometimes if we didn't we wouldn't be on here for a start off. Chin up xx take it a day at a time - a week with a good day in it is still better than 7 bad days isn't it xxx

would it work better if you buddy up with someone here?

there's got to be something that will make you motivated - so that you can think right I am not going to do this horrible thing to my health and wellbeing.

I hope you can get in the zone - the peeps on here who have battled are such an inspiration for us all eh?:)

Yesterday i spent the day at Thorpe park and i was miserable. Although i spent the day with my 2 best friends, we spent the day following the rest of the group while they went on the big rides. I'd love to go on those rides, i love theme park rides but i no longer fit in the chairs. By 6pm hubbs had to take me home because i couldn't walk anymore, the others stayed till 10pm. This morning i can barely move, my legs are seized and my joints are swollen.
But i'm still sat here eating a bar of chocolate while i type, i still haven't done a full day on the diet, i don't no why i do it to myself and i don't no why i can't do it.

What chocolate bar is it? Count it in your weekly syns and move on. You can have up to 105 syns a week, so there is plenty of room for the odd chocolate bar. There's no point beating yourself up over it.

Is there anything in particular that you're struggling with when it comes to the plan? Do you have time to cook or are you a very busy person?

You can do this!

Thank you for all your replies, i was having a very bad day and feeling sorry for myself, but i'm feeling a lot brighter today. The chocolate from yesterday was a yorkie bar, had one square and got so angry at myself i threw the rest away, i don't even like yorkies.
I'm back to work from tomorrow so i'm hoping being back in some sort of routine again will help out. I've copied down a running routine that TrixieB posted, although i won't be able to run i'm going to start with walking and build it up. I've always wanted to run but always thought it would be impossible being this big, won't be easy but i want to try. Not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow but i know if i don't go i probably wouldn't go back.

Hi honey, just noticed your diary on here.
Sounds like you've had a really rubbish few days so huge hugs for you. I think it's great you've joined a new class, you can meet more people who feel the same way as you then. Plus there are us cyber-buddies of course!!
I think it's a great idea for you to think of a short term goal to aim for and give you motivation. Do you have any parties over xmas which you'd like to dress up for, or even a holiday or trip away next Spring?

I found my holiday was a fantastic motivation for me. Unfortunately we've had to cancel it now which is why I've been wavering over the last couple of weeks! But I definitely think it's a great idea to focus on something specific in the not-too-distant-future which you would like to have lost weight and/or feel better for.

Hope you're feeling better today xxx

Hi honey, just noticed your diary on here.
Sounds like you've had a really rubbish few days so huge hugs for you. I think it's great you've joined a new class, you can meet more people who feel the same way as you then. Plus there are us cyber-buddies of course!!
I think it's a great idea for you to think of a short term goal to aim for and give you motivation. Do you have any parties over xmas which you'd like to dress up for, or even a holiday or trip away next Spring?

I found my holiday was a fantastic motivation for me. Unfortunately we've had to cancel it now which is why I've been wavering over the last couple of weeks! But I definitely think it's a great idea to focus on something specific in the not-too-distant-future which you would like to have lost weight and/or feel better for.

Hope you're feeling better today xxx

Thanks Chick, I don't have any holidays booked but we are going to another concert on February and i'd like to be able to stand without being in as much pain. Not sure how much i can lose in 4 months but hoping i could get my 10%!

Weigh in last night was and i lost 2.5lbs, not bad for a terrible week. Today i'm off work so i have the day to catch up on uni work, sort out some meal plan. I've already got a syn free beef stew in the slow cooker, had weetabix for breakie, so so far so good!

Just read your new diary on here and I have to say a day at Thorpe park would have killed me walking round so a huge well done for doing what you did. And think of the calories you burnt off! The silver lining of being chunky (and unfit in my case) is that you burn more calories just doing every day stuff - yay!

2.5lb loss is a great start. At that rate you'll have a stone sticker easily by xmas and more than your club 10 by February :D Stick with it hun, you can do it. A supportive class and us guys on here will help you all the way. xx

Back