Nicky's weight loss diary - (69lbs to loose) 43lbs to go!!

Nope I'm not!!! Feel exactly the same as you tonight Hun. Think there's something going around the forum pmsl

Let's hope tomorrows a better day for us both xxx

Hi Clair, sorry you're having a rubbish day too, tomorrow will definitely be a better day xx

How long did it take you to get to the size you WERE ;)?
You cant wake up thin, you have to work at it, as much as we would all love to :eek:

A wee bit of self loathing, ie, how you got to that size, and why you let your self is a good thing. It makes you more determined to break that cycle, and change how you look and feel.

You have lost 24lbs in 5 weeks :D.
That is not to be sniffed at, by any manner of means.
VLCD's are the only way that you will get those kind of results. FACT !.
As Starlight says... the shakes/soup/bars are merely medicine. You always have to take water with your medicine ;)
So, head down, and crack on with it.
You will get there if you keep going, and you will suceed in breaking the cycle
Marge
:)

I know you're right! It's just I've hit a bit of a wall at the moment, I can't seem to get past Thursdays without feeling rubbish. Never mind, I am just going to plod on and take it one day at a time. xx

I totally agree with Margie. I'm sorry you are feeling down Nicky but it isn't exante's fault. These diets do test us and they are easy to blame for lots of things. Fact is they give us fast results and help us to re-establish our relationships with food. They aren't easy tho as we all know and test our willpower amongst many things to the max.

I truly hope you get a fab WI result honey after your tough week and I hope the weekend gets better for you. Plan something nice- a day out, a facial, paint your nails etc so you feel special. Take care xx

Hi, thanks for your message, a treat might be a good idea to reward myself in other ways than food. I wasn't for a second blaming exante, I was blaming myself. I just think I feel that I'm missing out on everything and am feeling a tad isolated but you're right, it will all be worth it in the end, I just need to carrry on and stop over thinking it. I was winding myself up earlier thinking how much longer it's going to take loosing 3lbs a week (15 weeks) and found it a bit daunting seen as I'm flagging already after only 51/2. I think the trick is to take it a day at a time and see how I get on x

Hi all, sorry for my sulk earlier. I will try to contain myself in future! On a positive note it didn't end in a binge which is progress! Fingers crossed I can continue.... :)

Hope everyone has a good bank holiday x

Well done indeed Nicky. You stayed strong and that's some resolve. It is hard not being able to eat and drink, especially whe everyone arounds you always seems to be. I now plan different catch ups with friends so we go for walk our out shopping or get nails done etc so it's not always about eating or drinking. The way I think of it is the money I'm saving I would have spent anyway so a little treat does wonders to perk me up!!!

Plus - no need to feel sorry. We all have days like this and we are all here to spur each other on and to listen. take care and sweet dreams xx

Hi all, sorry for my sulk earlier. I will try to contain myself in future! On a positive note it didn't end in a binge which is progress! Fingers crossed I can continue.... :)

Hope everyone has a good bank holiday x

Nah... no need to contain yourself...
This is exactly where to sulk, or whinge ;)
Get it out of your head, and on here. It will help you move on :), like you did... and didn't binge ;)
Good luck with the Shred :D
It is great when you get into it :)

Day 41.

I've woken up feeling a little bit better knowing that I didn't eat stupid things like I wanted to last night! I'm still feeling a bit miserable as I want to go to the pub and I can't! I might go for a water and a catch up with everyone as sitting in feeling sorry for myself is not going to do me any good!

It seems like there was lots of people feeling rubbish yesterday so there must be something in the air!

I saw some atkins bars in tesco earlier, does anyone know if we can have them? There was a good price for hr endulge bars and atkins have got low carbs haven't they? I'm thinking if I could have one of those every few days it might be a bit easier? Any advice would be welcome.

Hope everyone has a good day xx

Glad your feeling better and didn't cave in like some ppl did lol :D
Don't know about the Atkins bars Hun, have you compared carbs and stuff to the shakes? I think as longs they're nearly the same they'll be ok?!
Xx

These ones aren't meal replacement ones I don't think.... Naughty I know but I'm thinking if I'm going to crumble and eat something sweet at least it will be less damaging? They have got 14g of carbs and 141 cals. Just trying to find extra things I can have in emergencies!

Stop beating yourself up about yesterday!!!

I have just drawn you a line under it so put that behind you now! Sounds like you've been very good today so I'm sure it won't be too damaging! Hope your day continues to be a good one xxx

x-Nicky-x said:
These ones aren't meal replacement ones I don't think.... Naughty I know but I'm thinking if I'm going to crumble and eat something sweet at least it will be less damaging? They have got 14g of carbs and 141 cals. Just trying to find extra things I can have in emergencies!

Stop beating yourself up about yesterday!!!

I have just drawn you a line under it so put that behind you now! Sounds like you've been very good today so I'm sure it won't be too damaging! Hope your day continues to be a good one xxx

Have they got vitamins in and stuff? Would think they'd be ok if they have. Carbs are about the same as shakes. Its up to you tho :D xx

Oh forgot to say thank you for the line :D today's still going good. Just got in from work and changed straight into my jammies so that's even better :D xx

Hiya pal! How you doing? I've been doing WS for a week, had wine etc and luckily not put one pound on, however not lost any either! I'm thinking it's the booze! I'm hoping that with the exercise I'll start losing again ( and can still drink at weekends!) I'll let you know how it goes. Not ideal though so I suppose I'm not in much of a position to advise but I think once you get over the weekend it will be a breeze again.
Going against the general consensus though it's normal to eat dude. If it's making you miserable maybe consider WS? I really look forward to my dinner every day and not missing carbs at all. As others have said though it's the fast weight loss that draws us to this diet so you have to think about sustainability of the diet compared to the weight loss. 15 weeks in the grand scheme of things is not that bad!! But then my boss lost seven stone going swimming and on weight watchers so it's swings and roundabouts!
At the end of the day nobody has the answer but you as you know yourself. So I guess my advice is to hang fire til tomorra and not make any decisions til the end of the weekend. My sister is coming over to stay today so I'm going to start the shred on Tuesday. Are you in? X x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya pal! How you doing? I've been doing WS for a week, had wine etc and luckily not put one pound on, however not lost any either! I'm thinking it's the booze! I'm hoping that with the exercise I'll start losing again ( and can still drink at weekends!) I'll let you know how it goes. Not ideal though so I suppose I'm not in much of a position to advise but I think once you get over the weekend it will be a breeze again.
Going against the general consensus though it's normal to eat dude. If it's making you miserable maybe consider WS? I really look forward to my dinner every day and not missing carbs at all. As others have said though it's the fast weight loss that draws us to this diet so you have to think about sustainability of the diet compared to the weight loss. 15 weeks in the grand scheme of things is not that bad!! But then my boss lost seven stone going swimming and on weight watchers so it's swings and roundabouts!
At the end of the day nobody has the answer but you as you know yourself. So I guess my advice is to hang fire til tomorra and not make any decisions til the end of the weekend. My sister is coming over to stay today so I'm going to start the shred on Tuesday. Are you in? X x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi, thanks. I'm feeling a bit better today which is good! Had a bit of a slip up last night and had a few glasses of wine at the pub last night and then had an omelete today. I'm not going to feel too stressed about it, I think it was a disaster waiting to happen lol! It could have been dramatically worse!!

Sounds like WS is going well for you, I bet exercise will make a difference from next week too! We will have to start the 30 day shred from tomorrow if you're still up for it!?!?

Hope you've enjoyed the rest of your day!

Nicky x

Day 42

Little slip up last night and ended up having a few glasses of wine with my friends. I'm not going to feel too guilty as I had a brilliant time - feels like forever since a good natter with the girlies :) I had a plain omelete at lunch time today too so have classed today as being a WS day.

My determination is back just in time for Monday morning as normal lol! Suppose my weekday diet is going ok just got to work on the weekends!

Hope everyone's had a good day :)

Day 43

Morning all. Surprise surprise, I've lost 3lbs! Seems to be a pattern forming here! Pleased with that though!

I am now under 200lbs which feels great!

I read this dos and don't article around dieting last night and one of the main ones was that you should never start a diet on a Monday - oops. After a bit of soul searching I have decided to change my WI day to a Friday as reading this article I think I am sabataging myself on the weekends. I find I am full of motivation after I WI so if I start doing this on a Friday then hopefully it will spur me on for the weekend. This week probably won't be a good WI but for the long term I think it's a plan!

I've got my copy of the shred and also dusted off my Davina fitness DVD so I am going to try and alternate these for a few days and see how I get on. Wish me luck!

Hope everyone has a good bank holiday Monday!!! :D

Wow- fab news on the loss Nicky- well done indeed. Will miss our little Monday weigh ins tho xx

Wow- fab news on the loss Nicky- well done indeed. Will miss our little Monday weigh ins tho xx

I know! i am just trying to be creative in ways of motivating myself over the weekend as I'm sure I put some on over the weekend which is such a waste of all my hard work during the week! Fingers crossed it will work! xxx

I like your plan.....x

That's brill Nicky :D xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back