Nicola's Cuba Countdown

Another good day today (this must be a record!) :D

Breakfast: Lemon Muller Greek Yogurt (0.5 Syns), Banana, Cuppa (0.5 Syns)
Snack: Cuppa (0.5 Syns)
Exercise: 30 mins on bike at gym at lunchtime
Lunch: Chicken Salad Wrap with Sweet Chilli Sauce (HEB & 1 Syn)
Snack: 25g Pack of Fridge Raiders (1 Syn)
Dinner: Salmon Fillet (Aldi Chilli Ginger & Lime) with a McCains Jacket Potato (1 Syn), Sugarsnap Peas, 35g Philadelphia Light and 20g Reduced Fat Cheddar (HEA)
Snack: Pink n White (2.5 Syns)

Summary: 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 7 Syns, 30 mins exercise

So hoping for a good loss on the scales tomorrow! The 11st 13lbs was still there this morning! :D

Last edited:
Hello Miss Corset! Look at you so close to target you lucky thing! How long's it taken you?? x

Hi Nix!

It's been a year! But I haven't been solidly on-plan for that time - I've had lots of weeks off, whether it was for work trips, holidays, birthdays etc. But those weeks off have taught me I can maintain, so it's all been worthwhile. I lost the first 2st between May and September last year, I've jut been faffing around with this last half-stone for what feels like forever!

You're doing really well so far - particularly the exercise. I've been really bad at that! Am trying to do more now to tone up though - there's still far too much jiggle going on around my tummy!!!

Those Aldi mussels are a bargain for syns...must get some next time I'm passing by! x

Well done you, to lose that much in a year is fantastic, and the scenic route is much more fun! I figure that life is for living and as much as I want to be skinny I don't want to sacrifice everything :D

The exercise thing is a bit new to me - I never really got the whole endorphin thing and just saw the gym as a chore, so inevitably I'd go hell for leather for a week or two and then not go again for months, but for the first time I've made it part of my daily routine and I've started to miss it if I don't do any! :eek: Definitely seeing the benefit in the areas where I don't have so much fat to lose, like my legs, which are definitely looking a bit leaner and more toned :) Can really recommend doing a little bit every day - my favourite thing is to go on the exercise bike with a good book for 30 mins, the time flies and I get 30 mins of me-time! :D

The Aldi mussels are fab both for price and syns, and so are the salmon fillets I had tonight - £2.50 and you get two in a pack which you just microwave for 5 mins and they're cooked perfectly, and they're syn-free! I cook them up, have one for dinner, and have the other chopped up in a salad for lunch the next day. Yum!

Will have to pop by to your diary to learn some of your secrets, I can't wait to get the next stone off! :D xx

Well the scales are even better this morning at 11st 12lbs!! :eek: So so hope that sticks for weigh-in tonight, wish me luck everyone!! x

I did it!!! I only blooming did it!! :D 2.5lbs off, taking me to 11st 12.5lbs and my stone award!!! :D :D :D Am going to buy myself a Kindle for my holidays to celebrate, and just had an amazing fakeaway as my post weigh-in treat!! My momentum is finally back!! :D (Can you tell I'm happy?! haha!)

Another good day today...

Exercise: 20 mins on bike and 10 min run at the gym (gradually upping distance and speed so my body doesn't get used to the same things)
Breakfast: Muller Greek Yog Lemon (0.5 Syns), Banana, Tea (0.5 Syns)
Lunch: Salmon Fillet (left over from last night) with mixed salad, Raspberries, Tea (0.5 Syns)
Weigh-In: 2.5lbs off
Dinner: SW Doner Kebab with Salad & Chips (HEB for Pitta, 8 Syns for meat, 1 Syn for chilli sauce, 0.5 Syns for Spray Oil, 0 Syns for homemade garlic sauce, yum!)
Treat: Daim Bar (7.5 Syns)
Snack: 30g Cheddar

The fakeaway was beyond amazing, and it's so good to eat a doner with all that flavour knowing that there are no nasties lurking within!! Made my best batch of skinny SW fries yet, once the salt was on I could almost convince myself they were McD's!! And being super-organised I made double the amount of chips so the second half are now in the freezer along with the last batch of doner meat and a pitta bread, so I have everything for an instant microwave fakeaway any time I like now!! :D

Summary: 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 18.5 Syns (plenty saved up to cover), 30 mins exercise, and one very, very happy Nicola!! :D

Thanks for all your support, hope you're all doing well?? xx

Wow! What an amazing result - well done you :)

Glad you enjoyed your well deserved fakeaway xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you!! Am so exciting about updating my statistics on here and the SW website!! :D xx

Well done :D

Aww you'll be teeny tiny, can't wait to be a petite frame myself :D x

I hope so, I haven't been small since I was in my early 20s - I'm not sure my friends will recognise me if I ever get to target! :D

Well done, Nic. That's so good, proud of you :)

Gym stuff sounds good! And the fakeaway, nom xx

Aw thanks! Welcome to my little corner! :D

A relatively good day today...

Exercise: 30 mins on bike at gym
Breakfast: Mullerlight Greek Lemon (0.5 Syns)
Lunch: Smoked Salmon Fillet (Aldi), Mixed Salad & Pasta Salad with Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes (going to allow 6 Syns for Pesto as was from work canteen)
Exercise: Pilates class (love it!)
Dinner: Cheese, Leek & Ham Pasta n Sauce (1 Syn) made with 125ml of HEA Skimmed Milk, with two slices of ham and topped with 15g of Parmesan (other half of HEA)
Snacks: Satsuma, Strawberries, Alpen Bar (HEB)

Summary: 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 7.5 Syns, 1.5 hours exercise

And in other news, my gorgeous little kitten Sophia was finally allowed out on her own for the first time tonight! Am currently nervously awaiting her return while watching Secret Eaters! Keep everything crossed for me, I put butter on her paws and everything, just hope she's sensible if she gets all the way to the main road! *Overprotective parent alert* :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back