Nicola's Cuba Countdown

What an amazing loss! Well done you and glad you had a fab holiday. You looked stunning!!xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello ladies, how are you all? :)

Well I'm back from my holidays (booooo.... I actually wanted to cry when we landed back in Manchester! :() but on the very very plus side, I went to group to weigh-in (a day earlier than usual as didn't think I could make my usual group tomorrow), and lost an astounding 4.5lbs!!!! :eek: I am still totally in shock, and a bit worried that it might all go back on just as easily once I'm fully hydrated (late night with lots of alcohol + early morning rushed get-up to get to airport + not enough water on plane + sunbathing in afternoon and muchos sweating!), so am 100% back on plan from tomorrow morning following a slightly (well ok, very!) off-plan day today with crusty bread being an integral part of every meal! :D

So that takes me firmly into the 10s at 10st 9.5lbs, and gets me my 2 stone award, which I have never ever achieved before!! :D Which is definitely counteracting any post-holiday blues I might have otherwise had! :D

Am going to try and post a piccy of me on my hols (my first ever in a swimsuit/bikini) so you can see what's achievable with a bit of determination - my friends christened me The Goddess for the holiday because of the confidence I strutted around everywhere with! :D

One disclaimer though: that 4.5lbs was achieved through a mixture of SW food combined with otherwise an almost totally liquid diet - not highly recommended from a health/liver point of view! ;)

View attachment 99860

Well done hun! must be something about those islands lol! ;) xxxxx

What an amazing loss! Well done you and glad you had a fab holiday. You looked stunning!!xx

Aw thanks missy! :) x

Well done hun! must be something about those islands lol! ;) xxxxx

Haha agreed! Me and my friend have decided we need to do another week of the Ibiza diet before we go on our next hol together as she also lost 1/4 of a stone and she was tiny to start with! :D x

Well hello and good morning all! :)

I am feeling decidedly under the weather today, I got bitten by mozzies in the night after falling asleep with my window open and the light on, and have got a stinking cold (that'll teach me for having a wild holiday instead of a relaxing one!), so all I want to do is curl up in bed with my antihistamines, beechams and my book :( But seeing as the weather is so nice it seems a shame to waste the day, so I'll be doing that on my sunlounger in the garden instead :D I am so glad I booked another week off after Ibiza, I had a sneaky suspicion that I might need the break afterwards!!

Today the focus is "goodness in, goodness out", so I'm going to be loading myself up with as much fruit, veg and generally healthy food as I possibly can, with the aim of shaking off this cold ASAP!! The plan's not finalised for the day and I haven't decided whether I'm going to have an EE or a Green day yet, but I'll decide as I go :)

Breakfast: Banana, Strawberry Danio (1)
Lunch: Sushi (4.5), Salad, Kiwi, Flat Peach
Dinner: Stir Fry (Veg or Chicken TBC) with Corn on the Cob
Snacks: Koko Chocolate Milk (HEA), Hifi (HEB), Fruit

I'm not sure why, but the fact I want to eat like this rather than my usual approach to eating when ill (i.e. chocolate, crisps, ready meals) feels like a real turnaround - it's like my mind has finally switched on to the fact that food is ultimately fuel and nourishment as well as enjoyment - it's only taken 32 years!! :D

Hope you're all having good Wednesdays!! xx

Lunch:

WP_000486.jpg

Last edited:
Before I went on holiday last year I bought a load of beautiful bikinis and dresses a few sizes smaller - if I didn't lose weight they wouldn't fit and I wouldn't have any holiday clothes.
Guess what?

I love 2st 5lbs :)

Good luck x

Wow go you!! Well done! :D I did the opposite and went on a clothes buying ban - for all of Jan & Feb this year I banned myself from shopping so I'd have no choice but to lose weight to get back into my old clothes, saved a fortune and it worked on the weightloss front too, so going to do the same again from now until I get to target :D xx

Hey lovely,

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly but it's great news that you're off so at least you can chill in the sunshime. I'm sure the extra vitamin D will be medicinal!

Food sounds fab too and huge congratulations on the mental shift - it's a great feeling, isn't it! :)

xx

Hey lovely,

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly but it's great news that you're off so at least you can chill in the sunshime. I'm sure the extra vitamin D will be medicinal!

Food sounds fab too and huge congratulations on the mental shift - it's a great feeling, isn't it! :)

xx

I agree the sunshine will def be medicinal - I actually started taking Vit D tablets during the winter this year, so it's great to get it naturally! :D Just hope that mental shift sticks - now that target is slowly coming into view I'm starting to worry about how keep my mind in gear once I get there, as I really really really don't want to put all this weight back on once I get it off xx

My 4/5 weeks off when I started my new job made me realise that I can probably never stop eating the SW-way. I quite quickly ended up stuffing my face all day - I'm going to have to come to terms with that fact that when I'm (eventually!!!) at target, I need to be on-plan during the week (which is easily done at work etc anyway) and that will allow me to eat (and drink!) whatever I like at weekends.

I'm hoping staying on here will help too!

xx

My 4/5 weeks off when I started my new job made me realise that I can probably never stop eating the SW-way. I quite quickly ended up stuffing my face all day - I'm going to have to come to terms with that fact that when I'm (eventually!!!) at target, I need to be on-plan during the week (which is easily done at work etc anyway) and that will allow me to eat (and drink!) whatever I like at weekends.

I'm hoping staying on here will help too!

xx

I think the week on / weekend off approach is the one that I want to take too as long as I can maintain doing it - I'm desperate not to slip back into the old habits of pizza/chips on a school night and chocolate as a pick me up at work. And agreed, I think I'm going to continue going to class at least once a month as a target member and stay on here too :) Just hope it's enough! A little way to go yet so a bit more time to work out my strategy! x

Woo that's so good i could never lose weight on holiday haha, I'm looking forward to my liquid diet on Friday too ;) not so much the scales though haha but I gota have some fun :D hope ya had a good holiday x

Haha my housemate always loses weight when she drinks, lucky sod!! It doesn't normally work for me but I think it was the 6+ hours of dancing each night that swung it - I was obviously burning off more calories than I was consuming in my vodka & diet cokes! :D

So I ended up changing my plan for today (unsurprisingly!) as I just didn't have the energy to cook anything which took any time/effort, so I had a green day as follows...

Breakfast: Banana, Strawberry Danio (1)
Lunch: Sushi (4.5), Salad, Kiwi, Flat Peach
Dinner: Tomato, Chilli & Garlic Pasta (made with fresh tomatoes to get some vitamins in!) topped with 30g Parmesan (HEA) + Corn on the Cob
Dessert: Profiteroles (15 - bought these with intention of eating yesterday and forgot, and they were going to go off today!)
Snacks: 200ml Koko Chocolate Milk (HEA), Dried Apricots (HEB)

Summary (green): 2 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 20.5 Syns (oops!)

Lunch & Dinner:

WP_000486.jpgWP_000488.jpg

Woah, well done on the weight loss! & hope you are feeling better now! :)

Just wanted to ask a quick question seeing as you are pretty close to my stats. I've noticed I've hit my 'wall'. Every time I come to around 11st 5 (this morning I was 11st 4 on my wii, yay) - but I hit that wall, where no matter how good I am & so on the weight doesn't seem to shift. My diet is pretty much the same as yours, for breakfast I have scrambled or poached eggs with portobello mushrooms & half a tin of beans.. lunch I'll have a stir fry & throughout the day I'll have fruit (no bananas just superspeeds), one alpen light bar, danio etc. I never use all my syns, I'll use about 6!
Did you ever have small gains? SO far since the end of April when I started I have had two gains, both half a pound so not too bad, but my weight loss has slowed down. I did go on my treadmill a lot too but at the minute it is wayyyy too hot in the garage lol - I was just wondering if you ever hit the wall & how you battled it!? Really want to get into the 10's!!! Grrr! x

I'm actually in my healthy BMI at the minute according to the Wii fit (very top end) but I want to reach 10st (I'm 5'7) so still a way to go and it just seems the closer I am to my goal, the harder it is :( Help! & I'm not one of these people that sneaks any chocolates etc, I am quite strict and stick to my superspeed/speed things. I hate the wall, haha x

Hey Minx, excuse me for jumping in on Nix's thread, but I just wanted to say I hit the wall too! I'm only 5' 4" so I'm in the 10s fighting for the 9s, but I've found that the last 7lbs before target has been the hardest and I've been yo-yo-ing around it for a while now. So you're not alone! I think you just have to be patient and know that eventually it will shift, but that's not easy :) Sounds like you're doing all the right things! Some people still manage to have amazing losses when they're almost at target (MinkyDinky lost 6lbs this week and she's now 4lbs away from her target (she's lost almost 10st!), which is nuts!) - but mine have definitely slowed down. x

Thanks for the reply! It's just getting to me a bit now! I'll see how this week goes.. I usually get weighed tonight at 7pm but since we are busy tonight, we're going to the Saturday morning class (yay for bonus morning weight loss), haha - but then next week will be tough as we'll be going BACK to the Thursday one. I think the trick is to change the food around.. I mean I was eating scrambled egg on 1 x slice small bread & spaghetti for ageeees before I switched to 2 x poached eggs and 2 x portobello mushrooms with beans (the weight loss kicked in again)! However, I got bored so now I'm back to the scrambled egg and spaghetti lol - I do find that changing the diet slightly (as in what you eat helps) & munching throughout the day regularly helps too rather than just breakfast - lunch - dinner. I tend to have my dinner/tea at about 4.30/5pm and then if I'm hungry after I'll just have some fruit etc but stop eating way before bedtime!

I'll see how it goes anyway & fingers crossed ! Thanks !

Mixing it up definitely helps. I found my losses stopped totally on EE so I've been doing lots more red/green, which gets it going again. The extra HEXs are always a Brucey bonus too! ;) Fingers crossed for WI for you, lovely x

Afternoon lovelies! I'm with you both on the mixing it up a bit to get the losses going again - I've actually just got over my "wall" by getting into the 10s (I haven't managed to get below about 11st 2lbs since I was in my early 20s, which was a looooonnng time ago), and the only thing I can put that down to is doing a proper mix of all the plans every single week, so EE, Green, Red and SE, and flexing them around to suit me and what I'm planning to do on that day, i.e. whether I want to be able to eat meat, whether I'm going out for a meal, whether I just need pure stodge (always a green day haha), or whether I'm quite happy making like a rabbit and eating mountains of salad! :D

I do think patience is key too (not that I can claim to have tons of it myself though!), as things do tend to slow down for most people as they get nearer target - maybe it's worth having a chat with your consultant and see if there's anything he/she can recommend to help you get a little boost? I've heard some people talk about the Gold Plan? And I know a lot of consultants recommend a week of SE to shake your body up. It sounds like you're doing all the right things, and I'm sure it's just your body doing a little bit of to-ing and fro-ing as it starts to settle at where your natural weight should be :)

Oh, and the last thing I'd probably say is just to relax it a little bit sometimes too. I don't know about you two, but sometimes I can feel like I'm getting a bit obsessive with it, especially as I always plan all my menus etc, so I do allow myself a flexi syns night about once a month where I can completely forget about everything - I make sure I get back on plan first thing next morning to undo any damage, but I think those odd nights off just help me to refocus again, as inevitably I always feel horrendous the next day!!

Anyways, enough of me waffling about that :D

Woke up at about 7am feeling absolutely shocking yet again today (I really hate summer colds, there's something about the heat that makes you feel even more rotten than usuall!), so got up, fed cat in a total daze, got myself a pint of water, a banana, some strawberries and 2 flu max tablets and brought myself straight back to bed, and I've literally only just woken up again! :eek: Clearly I needed that sleep to give my body a bit of time to recover, as I don't feel quite so bad now - still not great, but at least not feeling like I'm going to collapse when I stand up now!! And on the plus side, the scales are now back down to 10st 10.5lbs, so only 1lb off where I was when I came back from hols :D

So today's plan.... I really can't decide, as haven't got a huge appetite, so just going to keep loading up on the fruit and veg!

Breakfast: Strawberries, Banana
Lunch: Kiwi, Grapefruit, Leftover Corn on the Cob (surprisingly tasty cold)
Dinner: Veg Stir Fry (don't really fancy it but need to use up the veg I bought)
Snacks: Koko Chocolate Milk (HEA), Hifi (HEB)

Sounds like you definitely needed the sleep! And well done for staying on plan again - all that super free will be working wonders! Feel better soon honeybun xx

Thanks lovely - am hoping all the vitamins and minerals are coursing around my veins battling the little cold germs! :D

The veg stir fry was surprisingly good in the end although a bit hot, my lips are still tingling haha!

WP_000495.jpg

Breakfast: Strawberries, Banana
Lunch: Peach, Leftover Corn on the Cob, SK Chewy Delight Bar (HEB)
Dinner: Veg Stir Fry, Tesco Light Choices Cranberry Juice
Snacks: Koko Chocolate Milk (HEA), Strawberries, 6 x Melba Toasts (3) with Tomatoes, Basil, Philly Light 35g & Parmesan 15g (HEA), Choc Fix Balls x 12 (3), 1 x Hifi (HEB)

Summary (Green): 2 x HEA, 2 x HEB, 6 Syns

Last edited:
Wooooooo I just tried on the size 12 River Island jeans that my housemate gave me, and my old size 10 GAP jeans that I've been holding onto as my goal jeans since my early 20s (about 10 years ago!) and THEY BOTH DO UP!!! :D I wouldn't want to wear either for any extended period of time yet, and there's a definite muffin top with both, but oh my god they actually do up at last!! :D Happy happy days!

:party0019::party0019::party0019::party0019::party0019:

Back