Nicola's Cuba Countdown

Well done missy, that's a fantastic loss :)

A hot chocolate made with half milk half water is my favourite. I can't drink them anymore with just water it's too thin.

Morning ladies! :)

Well the scales are just not budging for me this week, they're resolutely stuck at 10st 12.25lbs exactly and have been since Weds morning! Saturday is normally the day I see a drop-off if there's going to be one, so hope that's not a sign of a maintain for this week, I'd love another loss seeing as I'm being 100%. I think I'm going to head out for a few drinks tonight, so will probably end up going over my syns - fingers crossed that doesn't cause an upwards rather than downwards move on the scales tomorrow morning!

Feeling rather indecisive on the food front today - the menu planning yesterday didn't happen, just wasn't in the mood. Have got plenty of stuff in already, so didn't have the urgency of needing to go shopping that I normally do.

Breakfast: Bacon & Egg Roll (HEB)
Lunch: Creamy Chicken & Mushroom Pasta (HEA)
Dinner: No idea! Fish & New Potatoes perhaps? Want something lightish so I'm not bloated before going out, but equally filling enough that I don't end up having a doner on the way home! ;)

Time to go and make the most of this beautiful day outside :)

Re: Nicola will be taking 3 stone less luggage to Las Vegas!

sorry for butting in....
i love green days and do lots of them. when i started doing sw, i rotated 1 day green, 1 EE but now i do all 3...green tends to be what i do most especially the days i'm working (love the extra HE's like nic lol)

i got some quorn burgers last week which were free - they were from the chilled bit and were beef style with sweet red onion and went down a wee treat on a wm roll with cheese for dinner...syn free ;)
i've also started getting the peppered steak things too from quorn range - they're also free.

i'd never really eaten quorn products until a couple of months ago. i tried the chicken pieces 1st and really liked them. when i'm making fanta chicken, i sometimes keep some sauce/superfree aside and throw in some quorn chicken pieces to have for lunch the next day if i'm going to be on a green day....you could give them a try too?

morrisons do meat free burgers for 1/2 syn and they're quite nice...they were the 1st burger i'd tried but i reckon i'd get those free ones again...that wee half syn could go towards something else for me hehe

i try to eat free foods all day and keep my syns for goodies at night.

remember a few mugshots are also free on green and EE (you'd need to check which ones have syns) - they're handy if you're in a rush and i know the tomato and herb pasta n sauce are free (i use that as a base when i'm doing quiche)
the leek and ham one has 1/2 or 1 in the whole packet and it's yummy and the macaroni one has 1.5 i think. i make mines up with just water to save on syns for butter or to save using HEa for the milk ;) x

Thanks very much for this info :) I just need to find out all the info for green days as I feel I know red and ee pretty well.. even though i really love meat I think it would give my body a shake up to do a week of green/ee alternate days. Can you eat fish on green days?? Are there any major differences in the hea/heb choices from red to green (other than meat)?

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks very much for this info :) I just need to find out all the info for green days as I feel I know red and ee pretty well.. even though i really love meat I think it would give my body a shake up to do a week of green/ee alternate days. Can you eat fish on green days?? Are there any major differences in the hea/heb choices from red to green (other than meat)?

Xx

you'd need to use the fish as HEb.

i bet you've prob had EE days where you've not eaten any meat stuff and which could've passed as EE without noticing...
eg if you had fruit/cereal for breakfast, baked potato etc for lunch & sw chips, egg and beans for dinner then it would pass as a green day...except you could use another HE ;)

i dunno what differences there are re the HE's cos i pretty much use mine on the same things - bread, oats/muesli, ryvita, scan bran, hifi bars etc.
when i do my green days, i have meat free days completely...i, personally, wouldn't use the HE for meat cos i love that i potentially can have extra chocolate hifi bar or a sandwich etc...but everyone's different.

have a look on my diary if you want...might give you more ideas for what you could have? x

Oops appear to have fallen off the wagon today.... :rolleyes:

Back on it tomorrow! ;)

Me too ;) oopsy

Oopsy all round haha! ;)

Well I fell off the wagon, and fell off it in style!! I've just totted up what I had, and it comes to nearly 150 Syns :eek: I started so well with my bacon roll (HEB), and then for some reason immediately afterwards ate an entire pack of pink n whites (15). Could have stopped there and still been on plan, but nooooo.... I then ate 2 milky ways (10), 3 freddos (15), a kitkat (5.5), and a bag of cooking chocolate drops (39). Paused for a while before eating a pitta filled with cheese (HEA), 2 packs of hoops & crosses (8), and a load of Almonds (10). Then later on, after 3 glasses of wine (18) ate another wholemeal roll (HEB) with butter (5) and chicken slices. I think that's everything but there was probably more.... big OOOOOOOOPS :eek:

So deservedly so, the scales were very mean this morning and after my moaning about them not moving, did a lovely big move, upwards by 3lbs!!! :eek: Showing 11st 1lb!! Really hope some of that's just temporary from eating so much salty crappy food, or else I'm in trouble this week!

Am going for a healthcheck at work this week too, and was really hoping that I would have been in the healthy BMI range for it... doh! :rolleyes: They normally just do them once a year (around April) but they've offered mid year check-ins this year, and seeing as my BMI was nearly 30 in April, and my cholesterol was on the high end of normal, I'm really hoping they'll be pleasantly surprised by the turnaround since then :)

Anyway, back on it today now I've eaten myself out of house and home!! Have just spent the morning doing a proper spring clean of the kitchen, and am appalled at the amount of food and drink I've just thrown out as it had gone out of date! Lesson to self, do not buy things just because they're on offer... and check what alcohol is already in the cupboard before buying any more! Have just had to throw out loads of cider... doh.

So today's food... going to just get back onto plan as normal and accept yesterday as a bad day. If I try to go synless for the rest of the week I'll only risk having another blowout, and after consuming that many there's no way I can get under my weekly syns anyway!

Breakfast: All Bran Berry Crunch (HEB) with splash of milk (0.5)
Lunch: Baked Potato with Tuna Mayo (2), Satsumas
Dinner: Creamy Ham & Mushroom Pasta (HEA)

Onwards and downwards.... :)

Fancy coming to clean my kitchen too? :p xxx

Pass :p x

oh wow lol....been there done that(falling off wagon lol)
well done for getting back to it....same here :)
you've done so well so far!...keep at it!

Thanks! It's so tempting to eat more rubbish today, like the taste for it has been reawakened in me after eating so much yesterday! Keeping myself as busy as possible to keep fingers out of the fridge! :D x

I fell of the wagon hugely today, haven't even bothered to attempt to calculate syns, but it's my birthday so I've decided that calories obviously don't exist today.....!

Back on it tomorrow!!!

Oh I am such a muppet.... I did so well with food yesterday for all my meals, and then ruined it all by eating an absolute shedload of chocolate! :rolleyes: Why am I sabotaging myself?! Oh the plus-side, that's all the chocolate from San Francisco eaten, so very little else left in the house to tempt me apart from an unopened box of Thornton's Continental - maybe I should find someone to give that to as a present!!

So today the scales were mean again (still 11st 1lbs :sigh:), but that did spur me on to get myself sorted and back on it for today, as there is no way I'm staying back over the 11 mark!! Busy day at work, but I went and got soup from the canteen rather than having the sandwiches that had been laid on for us over the working lunch, and then took my box of fruit and almomds in with me instead of snacking on the Pringles and Cracker Crisps that they brought in for us... phew!

Breakfast: WW Yog (0.5), Banana, Tea (0.5)
Lunch: Soup, Satsuma, Grapes, Raspberries, Blueberries, Tea (0.5), Almonds (HEB)
Snack: Apple
Dinner: Creamy Mushroom Pasta (HEA), Sugarfree Cordial
Snacks: Sugarfree Jelly (1)

Summary: 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 2.5 Syns

Back on it :)

WP_000819.jpg

PS. YAAAAY to True Blood being back on! Love Alexander Skarsgard, could watch him all day! :D

Hun I been looking everywhere for that chunky monster pasta where you buy it?!! I saw an awesome recipe for stuffing them ages ago!

Your dinner looks amazeballs honey! Well done for resisting naughty work lunch too! Really hope the scales start playing nice again soon xx

Do you know what Nic? It's about the bigger picture and you have done AMAZINGLY!!! Which should definitely be confirmed at your health check this week. You've just gotta write it off as a blip, pick yourself up and move on which is exactly what you've done!! I think it's those times which actually we should be proud of as we know that this is it! No more falling off the wagon, staying off the wagon and then trying to get on it again 6 months down the line and 2 stone heavier!

That pasta looks incredible too! xx

Re: Nicola will be taking 3 stone less luggage to Las Vegas!

Do you know what Nic? It's about the bigger picture and you have done AMAZINGLY!!! Which should definitely be confirmed at your health check this week. You've just gotta write it off as a blip, pick yourself up and move on which is exactly what you've done!! I think it's those times which actually we should be proud of as we know that this is it! No more falling off the wagon, staying off the wagon and then trying to get on it again 6 months down the line and 2 stone heavier!

Well said!! Xx

Hun I been looking everywhere for that chunky monster pasta where you buy it?!! I saw an awesome recipe for stuffing them ages ago!

Ooh I think I got those ones in Waitrose when they were on half price, they've been in the cupboard for ages! I'm sure I've seen them somewhere else too though x

Your dinner looks amazeballs honey! Well done for resisting naughty work lunch too! Really hope the scales start playing nice again soon xx

Me too! They were still being mean this morning, but to be fair, I've only been eating healthily for one day, so probably a bit overoptimistic to be hoping for them to come down again so soon ;) x

Aw thanks chick, you're so right. I'm back on it now and that's all that matters... not the fact that we fail, but how we deal with the failure and turn it into success :) x

So good evening one and all!

I am feeling soooo bloated this evening, like you could pop my belly with a pin!! Early starts at work always seem to mess with my digestion, and my stomach has been making all sorts of strange noises all day! Have just been to M&S to pick up a few bits I ordered in the sale online, and seem to have walked out with another bag full of clothes at the same time... oopsy :p I finally gave in and got a onesie - just a little cotton one with spaghetti straps mind you - and I have to admit it is one of the most comfortable and cute things I now own! :D I am converted! Did buy a new sports bra too so think that justifies the extra spending on other not-so-essential clothes haha ;)

Good food day today, I saved some of last night's pasta so I could make a pasta salad for today, so had a totally syn-free lunch which was really filling :)

Breakfast: WW Yog (0.5), Tea (0.5), 2 Cadbury's Eclairs (2)
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Ham & Tomato Pasta Salad, Ryvita Minis (HEB), Grapes, Raspberries, Blueberries
Snack: 4 Cadbury's Eclairs (4)
Dinner: Chilli Con Carne with Brown Rice, topped with Fat Free Natural Yogurt & Reduced Fat Cheddar (HEA)

Summary (EE): 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 7 Syns

Healthcheck at work booked in for tomorrow afternoon, so fingers crossed for some good results on and off the scales :) It's the only time I ever get my cholesterol checked, so always useful to keep tabs.

Time to settle down with the latest episode of Do No Harm now with my tea - anyone else watching this? xx

WP_000820.jpg

Last edited:
Hello ladies!

Well apologies for being off the radar a bit, my head's not been in it at all, and I'd be embarrassed to write down all the rubbish I've been eating!! I even took a week's holiday from group as I knew I was going to see a number I wouldn't like. But tomorrow that's all going to change, I really don't want to put all my weight back on, and I really really want to get as near to target as possible by xmas, just 12 weeks away now!

So from tomorrow, I am getting back into healthy eating as well as general healthy living and exercise. I know I've got a few weekends away when it's going to be difficult to be on plan between now and xmas, but in those weeks I will be 100% as much as possible, and will try to negate any potential damage. Am going to use some of the Success Express principles too, and try to boost the amount of superfree in each meal, as I've definitely got out of the habit of that.

Back at group on Weds night, face up to whatever the damage might be, and then next week I'll be buying my xmas countdown to get the free recipe book :)

Here's this week's plan...

Monday
E - Gym before work
B - Yogurt, All Bran Berry Crunch, Banana
L - Smoked Salmon Fillet with Salad
D - Spaghetti Bolognese with Salad

Tuesday
E - Gym before work
B - Yogurt, Banana, Berries
L - Ham & Cheese Salad
D - Out for dinner, so something like steak and salad

Wednesday
E - Gym before work
B - Yogurt, Berries
L - Soup & Salad
D - Salmon, New Potatoes & Veg

Thursday
B - Porridge
L - Salmon Salad
E - Pilates
D - Tomato & Basil Chicken, New Potatoes & Veg

Friday
B - Boiled Eggs & Soldiers
L - Sushi
E - Gym & Pilates
D - Tomato & Basil Chicken, Pasta & Veg

Saturday/Sunday - down in London so will try to be as healthy as possible when eating out to offset all the wine I plan to drink at Vinopolis! :)

Phew! Now please keep everything crossed for me that I stay on track this week, I've got to get back on it.

Hope you've all had better SW weeks?! xx

Back