Nic's Slim for Next Summer diary

Sunday

MIL stayed overnight so was still 'entertaining' fortunately she doesn't really eat until dinner so could do what we liked...

Plan: Red

Skimmed milk for the day (HExa)

Breakfast: had to rush off to drop oldest to Brownie camp day so again not much for lunch - plus still full from last night!!!

Lunch: Half roast chicken with salad of lettuce, cucmber, yellow pepper, pickled beetroot and onions

Dinner: After picking daughter up OH and the kids went to KFC with me in tow - was very good and just had a coffee

Back home had a Waitrose chicken in red wine, mushroom sauce (have no idea what syns as not in my old 2009/10 book but checking ingredients I'd say its about 6 syns at most for the portion I ate), served with mashed peppered swede and brocolli.

Snacks: Curly wurly (6 syns) and probably some more fruit and I'll allow for 2 Alpen lights (HExb) as can't remember if I ate them!

Total = 12 syns but probably a bit less

Monday

Plan: Red

Skimmed milk for day (HExa)

Breakfast: Dashing off again for daughters day at the stables! So just a yoghurt and apple

Lunch: Prawn cocktail salad made with prawns, seafood sticks and 3 tbsp of half fat creme fraiche (3 syns) mixed with 1/2 tbsp tomato puree , 1/2 tbsp tomato sauce (1 syns for both). Wedge of lemon, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber. Alpen light bar (3 syns).

Dinner: 3 chicken thighs cooked in actifry with 1 tbsp olive oil (HExb1), 1/2 tbsp jerk seasoning, 227g baking potato (HExB2) cut into wedges served with SW coleslaw made with carrot, onion and cabbage finely sliced mixed with FF fromage frais, a little half fat creme fraiche (will allow 1 syn) and a squeeze of lemon.

Last edited:
Were the blue cheese burgers nice nikki (they sound it) and you made sw quiche is it the one with the packet "pasta and sauce" in it ? I wonder could you use ordinary penne instead as I'm not too keen on packet mix stuff ?

Were the blue cheese burgers nice nikki (they sound it) and you made sw quiche is it the one with the packet "pasta and sauce" in it ? I wonder could you use ordinary penne instead as I'm not too keen on packet mix stuff ?

I couldn't 'afford' the blue cheese as went on extra easy so lost a HExa and b than planned and had a coffee when the kids went to Mac Donalds! The burgers themselves were really nice... they had onion, diced gerkin and some worcestershire sauce, an egg yolk, as well as the extra lean mince.

I've only done the quiche with loads of various vegetables/meat and then eggs mixed with ff fromage frais which always turns out nice enough. I have also whizzed up some tinned sweetcorn and mixed it in which gave a good taste. Nothing like a real quiche though! :D

Tuesday

Plan: Extra Easy
Skimmed milk - x splashes (x syns)

Breakfast: yoghurt, banana

Lunch: out - will update later but probably a jacket potato

Dinner: Birds Eye pink salmon fillet in lemon and herb sauce, sauté potatoes and courgette, mushroom and pepper medley.

Back