Nigeepoo

I have so many memories of being young, carefree, drunk and single!!! I'll always love Newcastle :) I tried living there after uni but after a few months it just wasn't the same. I used to get the bus past Lucky's and see all the students out drinking in the sun and feel so jealous.

Bet none of my old hang outs are still there... Dobsons Bar, NE1, Legends, Bliss, Ikon??? Someone told me that the boat had gone to Middlesborough and a new boat is in its place :eek: I got asked to leave the boat one night...won't go into details, but I was very naughty :D

Kate
xxxx

All I said was that it hasn't changed much!!

I have so many memories of being young, carefree, drunk and single!!! I'll always love Newcastle :) I tried living there after uni but after a few months it just wasn't the same. I used to get the bus past Lucky's and see all the students out drinking in the sun and feel so jealous.

Bet none of my old hang outs are still there... Dobsons Bar, NE1, Legends, Bliss, Ikon??? Someone told me that the boat had gone to Middlesborough and a new boat is in its place :eek: I got asked to leave the boat one night...won't go into details, but I was very naughty :D

Kate
xxxx

LOL.. to get asked to leave the boat is must be pretty serious.. come on.. they let kids go in there..!! LOL..
Yeah.. dont know about bliss.. wheres that? Im a scene person.. you know pink triangle.. near centre of life.. thats my place to be.. hehe.. But i used to go to legends.. before all the emo kids took over.. and ive been to ikon once.. and only been to the boat once.. lol.. Never went back.. lol..
I love it so much.. hehehe..
x x x

What are you doing your Phd in?

OK I will tell you but it puts most people to sleep! I am looking for the leukaemic stem cell in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia! I'm halfway through and terrified I will have no thesis to write as don't seem to have a much data as other people!

the boat on the quayside is closed after it got really rough and they kept having trouble with people round that area.

I'm halfway through and terrified I will have no thesis to write as don't seem to have a much data as other people!

Sounds familiar!

Yep - either people are big liars and have not got tons of results or I am in BIG trouble. Seem to be keeping my head above water though-just!

Horrible aint it, "doomed" kinda feeling :D

Yep! I know you are doing genetics stuff Leah - postgrad?

LOL.. to get asked to leave the boat is must be pretty serious.. come on.. they let kids go in there..!! LOL..
Yeah.. dont know about bliss.. wheres that? Im a scene person.. you know pink triangle.. near centre of life.. thats my place to be.. hehe.. But i used to go to legends.. before all the emo kids took over.. and ive been to ikon once.. and only been to the boat once.. lol.. Never went back.. lol..
I love it so much.. hehehe..
x x x

lol - hmmmm, I was a very young 19 year old. I was swayed by the charms of a wise geordie :D Well he seemed wise after a few drinks!! Went up to the top deck to, erm, check out the views of the Tyne. Got a tap on the shoulder and asked to leave. I am going red just thinking about it :eek:

Bliss was a block down from Dobsons (john dobson street). Think they were changing its name to Pacha when I moved away. Planet Earth was another fave! Pink triangle.... I think I went there, is there a club there called World Headquarters? Went there a few times, sure it was in the Pink triangle.

OK I will tell you but it puts most people to sleep! I am looking for the leukaemic stem cell in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia! I'm halfway through and terrified I will have no thesis to write as don't seem to have a much data as other people!

the boat on the quayside is closed after it got really rough and they kept having trouble with people round that area.

omg, that's bad about the Boat. It was only ever studenty types when I used to go. Cheap entry and cheap booze = packed full of students!!!

Sounds familiar!

Both of you don't worry! Tonnes of data doesn't always mean good studies! Go with what you've got, analyse the life out of the data you already have. Have you asked your tutor for guidance/tips?

Kate
xxxx

Yeah my supervisor thinks I am doing fine. I panic occasionally cos he is a consultant I don't always see him as much as I would like. But he is a really good supervisor.

Back