Night out on SS

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by happyland, 14 March 2008 Social URL.

1. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I started CD yesterday and am on SS only. I have totally forgotten but I have a weekend away planned for the 29th of this month!

I don't know what to do. We heve only been away without the kids once in 4 years so I am really looking forward to it!

We are supposed to be doing drinks in the afternoon then my frind is making a curry, we're going to a concert and then more drinks afterwards.

What should I do?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hmmm difficult but if you do stick to SS you will feel fantastic afterwards. I tend to choose the cheapest thing on the menu theb just fiddle with it on the plate, no eating. I just drink soda water too. I know it "isn't the same" but doesn't the wonderful weight loss make up for EVERYTHING?

4. dawnyblue

dawnyblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    DO NOT SS and drink alcohol, it's very dangerous, I have actually experienced it as I didn't ask advice or look up any warnings before hand.

I would say eat that weekend if you really want to drink, everyone else will tell you not to eat or drink, it's just the way I did things when I SS'd but most people seem to think if you go off it you will struggle to get back on.

5. happyland

happyland Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    So if I was to come off it for the day, should I eat carbs that morning or the day before?

6. cillabatty

cillabatty carol

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Yes eat carbs in the morning and at lunch, just so you come out of ketosis, then that night you can drink. Or you could postpone your CD till you get back and have a clear run, but I always find that there is always something happening, were you need to eat.

7. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    you should build up before hand.. just eating carbs on the morning may not be enough for you..

if you check out this thread..

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/26311-dangers-alcohol-when-ketosis.html

but i would reccomend you do what Annie D says.. As its sooooooo hard to get back on the wagon after your off..

or is you do have to eat.. take some chicken and salad with you.. or try to eat fish and green vegatables.. and stick to water.. or something like that.. you know?

x x x

8. JustineCov

JustineCov Scary!

Diet:
    CD + 1 Meal a day
    I asked the same question and have asked my CDC. I have similar this week with my Nans funeral and didnt want to not have a drink. Myself and mum have been advised to do add a meal week till weds and then have 1000 cal diet the day before and on the day. Have to say i cant wait! My mouths dripping at the thought... We have arranged the food at the funeral on thursday to be things we can happily tuck into (avoiding curled up sarneys) but chicken and salad. This is the end of day 5 for me so from Monday will be eating.
    Alcohol and ketosis just dont mix!

Jus x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.