night out,what can i drink??

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Collymoley, 9 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Collymoley

Collymoley Member

;) Hi getting on very well on atkins, but got a night out on sat night, i love red wine how bad is that on atkins???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dizzydelly

dizzydelly likes vw's!

Start Weight:
    17st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I think your better off with dry white wine or vodka. You will probably find you dont need much to get tipsy! :drunk:

4. Collymoley

Collymoley Member

can only drink wine or beer, canna stomach vodka, gin etc. reall don;t want to gain weight after being so good :( x

5. Scamp

Scamp Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(19.92%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I read that red wine was a lot less carbs than white I dont know if thats right, 0.5g for red 1.5g for white, but Im sure someone on here will know better than me as I only started low carbing yesterday.

6. *Michael*

*Michael* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(25.13%)
    Diet:
    Low carb, now calorie counting
    I always, perhaps incorrectly, thought dry white wines like chardonnay, sav blanc were lowest in carbs amongst wine. Happy to be proven wrong tho.

Since starting Atkins (and not drinking for 4-ish weeks) I found I got super squiffy super quickly when i went out last weekend. Good for the wallet but not so good on the head the next day. I didn't actually realise how healthy I was feeling after not drinking for so long. Not that I'm advocating abstinence (far from it!)

Just stay away from beer and mixers other than slimline tonic/soda water and you'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

In fact you might notice a slight weight drop the next day (if you stay off the kebabs) - but probably just from dehydration tho... :(

7. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Reds and whites vary, but any dry wine is going to be OK, just factor in the carbs for the day, Gin, Vodka and any pure spirit with a low carb mixer are OK as well. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.