Night Shifts

specialk

Silver Member
Hi all

I am about to commence the dreaded night shifts... possibly 7 weeks of them!!! :(

any advice as to how i will cope on nights is appreciated....

K xx

Hey!
What diet are you doing?
I've just qualified so I know how daunting nights can be, there really nothing to worry about though, lots of learning and quick thinking at times. Nightshift was one of my favourite shifts when I was training :0). Good luck

Hi Laura, I'm doing the Dukan Diet...

I am looking forwad to the nights but dont know how i will cope with the diet!!

K xx

I cant help with the diet sorry, im doing slimming world. But i wish you loads of luck with your training and hope you enjoy your nightshifts xx

Take in lots of Dukan nibbles as you go into a real downer on nights and there comes a point between 3-4am where you feel you are the only person alive
Don't go for the 5 am toast as you only feel rough and sluggish when things start to get busy again around 6am.
You may need something to help you sleep in the day - you will feel exhausted then wake up early afternoon unable to drop off. After 2-3 days of this you will be exhausted.
I occasionally use Boots Sleapeeze.
I did nights solid for 6 months many years ago and by the end I was sleeping fronm 9-5 but that was after many many years of sleepless days.
Many nurses drink alcohol in the morning to help them sleep - don't go there

Last edited:
well, the diet failed miserably during the first week, i fell for the toast and the chocolate machine... oops!!!

back on track as of tomorrow and to go through the whole carb withdrawl again!!! PP days for me and lots of diet nibbles to go with me i think, i cant undo all this good work now... all though i have put 2 lbs back on :(

need to pull my self together now!

K xx

Hello specialk, I'm also a nurse and have my fair share of nights.... But not 7 weeks of them! I usually take boiled eggs, chicken/turkey slices with dukan garlic mayo, flavoured yogurts and also a galette for the 5am time with nutmeg in it:) I make sure i drink plenty of water and tea through the night to keep me full to the brim and keep myself busy! Forward planning us the key:) good luck xx

Back