Nightmare

jollycoco

So on friday I'm feeling dizzy,add bit of salt to my packs,sip bit more water but feel shaky and not quite with it,so I go to bed as normal but i can't get to sleep, temp rises heartrate shoots up, I suddenly feel thirsty... Anxiety attack I presume as have had them before lasts hours, I'm feeling dizzy and despite trying to breathe through it I honestly feel scared , finally at 5am I doze off only to wake an hour later feeling dizzy again. Had a cup of sweet tea and my oatmeal and tried to get on,met friends for lunch but get so shaky they won't allow me to have chicken salad and and end up having garlic bread too,feel bit better,go to drive home,feel dizzy again nearly pass out,so I pull into hospital and go to a&e, all my obs are ok ,bloods ok but they were worried I had muscle damage to heart as had chest pain , luckily all ok, they have advised me to stop vlcd and up my calories ...can't believe it really thought I was ok it's been weeks now and I've been fine. Obviously the anxiety attack is unrelated however the dizziness and almost fainting is more than likely side effect of me on a vlcd ,i dont want to stop however that really scared me and I dont scare easily,if I had fainted whilst driving...or with my kids in car... don't want to think about it, so looks like I'll be switching to a low calorie diet with slightly higher calories and have to be patient with losses :( I am gutted tbh and sincerely hope nobody else experiences the same, I still think sns is great but as stated it's not suited to everyone,it worked for me for a while but has taken it's toll.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience, it must have been scarey. Take the doctors advice and stop. Try SW or WW or a low calorie diet. VLCDs aren't for everyone. Nothing is worth risking your health for.

oh wow that's scary, glad you're alright though.
xoxo

Scary. Whilst I would never advocate questioning medical advice, it is an easy answer as soon as they know you're on a vlcd. It may be the cause, it may not be. Just keep a really close eye and don't hesitate to pester for more tests if those symptoms don't go with your increased calorie intake.

Take very good care x

Thanks all, I'm going to still have my packs but add another meal or a bowl of porridge with fruit or something just to see if it helps without giving up totally, not worried about ketosis now ,but not quitting altogether as still at an unhealthy weight but will up my calories to at least 900 just to see...if still having problems I'll try something else! Rarrrrr peed off lol thanku all x

The problem you will have without ketosis though is hunger. Chances are you'll feel starving on 900 calories, especially with carbs

You need to do what's best for you but I think I agree with noodles

Yes Im not going to start eating bread and pasta etc going to take my.lessons and continue eating low carb and high protein but I'm not risking going against doctors and a&e consultant, they were all very thorough, bloods,ecg,blood pressure,blood sugars, urine test, in fact I had 3 ecgs and chest , back examination, plus have a follow up with my g.p, I never ever want to feel like that again whilst I may fail at next attempt it's worth a try and may have to go back on ww and increase exercise instead. Good luck everybody, I hope you all have a successful and happy journey :)

Back