Working Solutions Nights out?

Becca3241

Hi, I am starting working solution tomorrow. Have tried Total and I find it too hard due to having quite a busy social life and not wanting my friends to know what I am doing.

My question is...does anybody on working solution ever have a night out including alcohol? I have a lot of birthdays coming up and I was hoping that with my working solution meal I would be able to enjoy a few vodka and soda waters since they are low carb rather than having to completely come off the diet altogether....not drinking is not an option as these are occasions that have been booked for a while.

Any help would be appreciated x

What is the reason for this?

I only ask as when I was previously on Atkins there were many times that would go out drinking and a lot of people on the forum did too and I never heard any bad stories as there was still some food in our systems...yet I was still in ketosis?

Just wondering why exante is any different if on working solution?

Atkins is a totally different diet to a VLCD though, the no alcohol is a rule across all the VLCDs its not just Exante, and its regardless if youre on TS or WS. Its just not worth it. Some people have been extremely ill on very very little alcohol - we're talking things like 2 vodkas or 2 glasses of wine. The only safe way to do it is to have carbs and get out of ketosis. If you do dont worry though itll take you no time at all to get back in, you wont go through the whole 5/6 days thing you do in week one :)

Hi, I had my first try at drinking last night, had carbs in preparation, lots and lots and I had half of a vodka and coke zero and felt very drunk and my heart was racing. It was terrifying, so please do follow the institutions carefully, I won't be drinking now until I am eating alot more.

I was a bridesmaid on Saturday and knew I would have to get involved with the odd glass of champagne, we had breakfast at the hotel so I had scrambled egg, mushrooms and 2 slices of brown bread.

For the evening meal I had been put down for sausage and mash, I had one of the 2 sausages and quite a bit of the mash.

I managed to feel ok, I had about 2.5 glasses of champagne.

The next day I carried on with exante as normal and must have been back in ketosis quite soon as I felt ok and not hungry.

I would have never considered a drink whilst fully in ketosis, I have heard terrible things about it.

I agree that we can't let the diet rule our lives and whilst I could have done without it all I don't really want to make a show of myself by not getting involved. I'm just trying to do it in the healthiest way.

Yes, really important not to drink alcohol whilst in ketosis. I had the common misconception that it was about the calories and sugar in the drink. So while I was on CD ss I had 1 shake all day and, as I wasn't hungry thought that it would be okay to have a couple of whiskeys.... they weren't pub measures so probably a fair bit larger but normally I wouldn't have even been tipsy. Ended up totally intoxicated, vomiting, on the floor crying and passed out :( Ended up in A&E (don't remember being taken there) with a dangerously low blood sugar as my liver had stopped glucogenesis to work on the alcohol. Apart from being dangerous it's also humiliating when you come round looking like a proper alcoholic after a couple of drinks. Hope this helps someone not make the same mistake.

Back