Niki's journey from scruffy to sophisticated!!

Lol god i keep gettin emails from them i mite do the same lol.im more a curry girl omg id kill for a chicken tikka lol xx

I love curry too.....I really want to try and do at least 8 weeks of SS 100%. Ideally I would do 12, but my birthday party is in 11 weeks and it wouldn't be a good idea to drink on ketosis so I'm going to have to come out of it for that. My intention is to go straight back on diet afterwards though. I guess I can take advice from my CDC re that? She knows my first goal is for my party so she'll know that I intend to drink for it!

I keep looking at peoples stats and trying to guesstimate 'the most' I could lose in 11 weeks but that's just setting myself up for a fall because we are all different and will lose weight at a different rate.

Hi Niki - you're absolutely right, everyone has an opinion. But only you live in your body, so finally, only your opinion counts. :) Course, that of your partner probably counts as well. Other people's opinions is one of the reason so many people do this diet and only tell a small circle of people. You can get quite emotional sometimes on CD and if someone happens to shoot off their mouth at the wrong moment, it can lead a bad time.

CD says that if you stick to 100% ss you can lose up to 14lb (1st) per month. My average loss was 10lb per month (50lbs over a 5 month period) - that included a blowout ski week, a couple of other weeks where I was travelling and had a meal out every day (very careful about eating only protein and veg/salads) and a bit of nibbling here and there (celery, peanut butter, raw almonds). I did turn down lunch/dinner invites and, when I absolutely had to go, ate fish and veg, left everything else. No alcohol.

As you say, everyone is different, but for sure you will lose a lot of weight more rapidly on CD than, in my experience, just about any other diet.

Meanwhile ... I torture myself by watching cooking programs. :)

Thank you for that Tizzy......this forum is so helpful! I'm looking forward to my first WI on Wednesday! And to getting more shakes now that I know what I prefer! I watched the new Australia Masterchef yesterday and the food looked so scrummy!

I totally know you mean about other people's opinions.....I am quite thick skinned but I'm still keeping this diet to nearest and dearest only! I spoke to a guy at work a couple of weeks ago about losing weight and he said I should try going low carb (he does that).....so I've told him today that I am doing the low carb and zero alcohol thing now.

So.......my office is situated in the middle of a town and below me are a row of restaurants and I can smell all the gorgeous food! It is tough to resist but we all know my motivation is my birthday party so I decided to go to the party venue (lovely pub next to the office!) and discuss my party with the landlady! We talked about decorations/numbers/themes/drinks etc and now I'm so hyped up again theres no way I'm going to cheat today!

If I feel hungry sometimes (as well as this site of course!) I go onto the Lipsy website and start dreaming about which size 12 dress I'm going to buy for the party! It does work as thinspiration!

Hiya Nikie
We all lose weight at different rates, metabolism, water retention,genes and the list goes on and on and on! I managed to lose 5 stones in 3 months. I didn't even know i had 5 stones to lose! I wasnt overly overweight and am quite tall so i guess i hid the weight well. Admittedly I was very strict though and that's exactly what I intend to do, well for at least the next 6 weeks anyway. I'm meeting up with some super slim friends that haven't seen me since I was well, 3 stones lighter. Have been putting them off for ages so have finally committed to a date which will also help me focus. I'm determined to lose 2 stone in 6 weeks. I know I can do it. I am going to look forward to my 'friends catch up' and use that as a planned off plan day. Can't wait.

I absolutely love the porridge. I add about 2 tablet sweeteners and really look forward to it plus I always have my bar l(kept in fridge) ast thing at night as a 'treat'.

Onwards and upwards ladies xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Wannabe! Yes, I'm just going to be super strict on SS and whatever I lose will be good!

Day 6!!! And I'm happy to report that the size 16 trousers I wore LESS than a week ago are fitting so much better! I don't feel really uncomfortable in them, like I did last week!

I am feeling great today - sat at my desk, about to have some porridge (I'm giving it another go as I don't think I made it up very well yesterday) and chugging the water!

I dug out my old WW cards before I left this morning and am having a look at them now......back in february I got down to 11.12. So I actually put on roughly two stone in 7 months?! That isn't good! I did WW twice and the first time it took me 30 weeks to get from a starting weight of 13.8 to 10.8. I can see from these record cards that I seem to lose weight quickly but I have a huge problem maintaining the weight and 'all of a sudden' I'm two stone heavier again! Obviously it isn't 'all of a sudden' but it feels like it! Why don't I do something about it when my clothes start to feel tighter?! Or keep an eye on the scales?

I'm realising that losing the weight won't be the hardest bit. The next bit will!

To explain a little bit more of my diary name - I feel scruffy right now. When I'm overweight I care less about my hair, makeup, clothes etc. I work in a office where I should be dressing in smart clothes but none of my smart clothes fit me and I was reluctant to spend money on larger clothes to wear in the short term (ah hem!). So at the moment I have three dresses (size 16) and a pair of black trousers that I mix around and its basically dull and I look like c**p most of the time!

As my birthday party is my motivation, I am going to book in a hair cut and manicure when I reach certain goals......so when I lose a stone I'll get my hair cut (don't want to get it cut too close to the party because I actually prefer it to be grown out a little bit but without the split ends!), then maybe at two stone I'll get my nails done?

As I said, some of the people at my party I won't have seen for a few months so it would be amazing to get a positive reaction from them....would set me up to have a great night!!

Hope everyone else has a great day!

Morning hun u sound like your smashing this diet!! I got weighed this morn amd lost 7 so im over the moon :) hope you have a good day x

Nikie - I love what you've got planned as rewards when you hit your interim goals! Gives you something to look forward to in the nearer term and helps prepare for the wild 30 birthday party blast!!!

I have a workout diary that I've kept for years and, when I weighed myself, that info would go in as well. A while ago I did a full history of my weight and discovered that as I went up a few lbs, I stopped weighing myself - sometimes for months. And the next time I got on the scale, I was substantially heavier (go figure! :rolleyes:). Losing all the weight I've put on and been carrying around is definitely a challenge. Keeping it off and managing my weight within a set range - that will be the hardest part of all this - but it has to be done!

Reading the forum and watching those programs on TV about people losing weight, what I noticed is that people who go right off the diet once they reach goal, who don't plan, who don't pay attention - they gain weight. So, I've committed to myself to do the steps out of CD (500->800->1000->1200->1500 cal), learning as I do what works and what doesn't work for me to eat. Also committed that I will weigh myself regularly (at least 2x/week), keep a diary of the weight and take corrective action if I go up 5lbs or more. That's the plan and for a change I've got one!

If you like cinnamon, sprinkle some on the porridge - I find it makes it more palatable.

Hi guys! Fran - 7lbs!!! Woo hoo! Great stuff!

Tizzy - basically what you have written is what I want to do! Go through the stages properly! When I decided to start this diet and met up with my CDC I spoke to my fiance about it afterwards and he said 'No, I've heard things about it, you'll put all the weight back on!' And I pointed out that I had done WW and put all the weight back on! I explained to him that I needed to change my head...do this properly but I needed his support.

As a result we read through the information together that night and the next day, he met up with my CDC and decided to do the diet as well!

It has been good for our relationship as before we both went to work, came home, ate rubbish, drank alcohol, went to bed and repeated this all week! Now, we discuss things (mainly centered around food at the moment but thats to be expected!) and we both have more energy and are making positive plans for the future (.i.e discussing the possibility of a sailing holiday we wanted to do but felt too unfit for) I'm so glad he is doing it with me. It helps that he understands what I am going through. Last night I was quite snappy with him (TOTM as well!) and he totally knew what it was about and 'left me to it'!!

The smells from the restaurants below are starting up again! Oh well, only an hour until I get to have my shake!

Wow, I actually struggled to finish my shake tonight as I'm quite full....is that normal?! I actually feel really bloated and definitely not thinner tonight! I haven't cheated at all and have just had porridge and 2 shakes today, plus 3 1/2 litres of water. Feel like I've had a big dinner!

Is this ok?!

It sounds like ure def in ketosis hun.it effects people diff i always feel hungry but for others it takes away the hunger.its perfectly normal and ok hun xx

Phew!! Thanks Fran! Weigh in isn't until tomorrow evening so I#ll be on during the day (from work...luckily my boss is alright!)

You're doing great! I'm excited already for your weigh-in tomorrow!!! :)

I ditto wot tizzy said :))) x

Day 7! And tonight is the first weigh in! I have a day of work to get through first and hopefully that'll keep me busy (or this forum will!)!!!

I'm wearing the same dress I wore last week....my CDC recommended this.....and as I haven't worn it in a week it feels SO much better! I only took my measurements on saturday, rather than the day we started the CDP but I think I may still do them tonight as well! My OH has started calling me 'skinny bum' and says he can notice a big difference already. Which is saying something as he sees me everyday!

I'm going away with his company on the weekend of the 6th october, some of his clients and employees wouldn't have seen me since September 2nd so it will be nice to get a positive reaction. And it is a work weekend so I am very positive that I will be able to keep to the plan (i.e its not going out for dinner and boozing)....although, I do have to do food for everyone which includes bacon baps in the morning, a buffet lunch and a cooked dinner. For 20 people. For 3 days. It WILL be a test of my willpower. When I was doing WW I used to take my own WW meal and I NEVER picked at their food so I'm pretty determined that if I am still completely motivated then it won't be a problem! There will probably be some boozing, but I'd rather forego the booze at this event and have some at the end of November instead! And look fabulous whilst I have it!

OH has had comments already about his weight loss!

Good luck for tonight not that you sound like you need it though!! :) ive been today got my shakes and soups ive skipped on the porridge i dont like it at the best if times so!! Im all set to start tomorrow morning! My sis has just said if i lose 2 stone by christmas she will give me £50 love to shop vouchers i said no problem she doesn't believe i can do it, im so determined to do it though!!

Kellyx

I lost 8lbs! Very happy with that......OH lost 4kg....typical mechanic, working in kg instead of stones!! We are both very happy with that and excited for another week!

Last edited:
Hey Niki. Awesome news, 8lbs is fab. Keep it up. I've got my WI at 9am tomorrow. I think I'll be lucky if I get 1lb off but it does tend to slow down a bit as you get closer to goal. Especially when you cheat like I do ;-)

Last edited:
Back