Niki's journey from scruffy to sophisticated!!

Yeah dont trust 'em. I'm a serial weigher but its not always accurate. Sometimes your body takes a while to catch up.

See thats the kind of thing I'd tell someone else who was worried about the same thing but I'm so bad at praticising what I preach!

Yeah I think all of us know what makes sense on minis but actually sticking to it is another issue. But that's why I find it helps to have ppl telling me/reminding me what in essence I already know. But it just helps to have the reassurance.

Hi Nikie! Sounds like CD is working and things are starting to get lose. Exciting!!! For sure when you start it seems daunting and that it'll take forever to get the weight off - but you know, it really does go by quickly and it is amazing how much weight comes off!

Before, during and after pictures are good - they bring alive the journey you're on. The other thing I did, after reading other diaries, was to take measurements of my arms, chest, waist, hips and thighs. There were some weeks where I'm convinced that while I didn't lose much weight, my body somehow changed shape and lost inches. So it's not only the numbers on the scale that chart our progress, it's also the inches we lose and how we feel in our bodies.

You've nearly completed 2 full weeks! Woo hoo!!!!

Hey Niki

How are you doing? Just read your fab diary. Stick with it, you're doing great!

I had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 12lbs. I am sooooo happy. It's really inspired me to keep going.

Xxxx

Ps, bin those scales!!!!

Wow Laura! Great stuff! Fabulous loss and a great incentive! when you feel hungry and tired t's hard to believe sometimes when people say keep going, it'll be worth it, but now you know it really is!!! Interestingly, I wrote on here about how I was 11.12 back in February but I realised this morning that even though I was officially 13.2 at last weigh in (hopefully in the 12s now though!) my engagement ring is loose to the point where it keeps turning round -if you know what I mean? I have a fairly sizeable diamond (shameless boast) and so I really notice it when its 'spun' round and it definitely didn't do that in February! So it really is about the measurements as well as the scales!

Ooh, and OH did not cheat at all this weekend! Went to the pub with his mate and brother and they really put the pressure on -they even bought him a pint but he didnt drink it and stayed strong! He even made up a shake when they got back from the pub! They were taking the mickey out of him but they both said he'd lost a lot of weight already - I think their positive comments made him more determined to stick to it and not cheat!

I must admit, I'm enjoying the sleeps I'm getting! I am tired too but also have a lot of energy if that makes sense?! Well done to your OH for sticking with it for the weekend! It's great that you're doing it together. I am looking forward to your weigh in on Wednesday and hearing what you've lost! I am out with my girlfriend's to Jamie's Italian on Thursday night. I'll be watching them eat! I am going to phone them in advance and explain I'm on the diet and that I'll be taking a shake or soup with me. I know they say you should eat it within 15 mins of making but do you think it will be ok if I make a soup and take it in a flask to eat whilst they are eating? Might be in the flask for about an hour.

Re your engagement ring, you can buy these wee plastic things from a jewellers or from Claire's accessories that you put on your ring to stop them moving around. I bought them for my rings as like you (shameless boast from me too!) I have a couple of carats in my engagement and wedding rings and I would be devastated if I lost them! That said, I haven't really spoken to my husband since Thursday due to an argument so at the moment I'm tempted to lob the rings at him!

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your fight with your husband.....well, I've officially been engaged for 3 years with no sniff of a wedding so perhaps I'd be within my rights to chuck it back at my OH too! (Although its sparkly and I love it!). I have told OH that we are getting married December 2014 and he said it does sound a bit too soon (??!!) but agrees in principle! We have a joint mortgage, joint life insurance and joint wills. But apparently the marriage part is too much committment! Hm, can you tell that I want to get married and he doesn't?! I'm being (slightly) flippant - he is terrified of a wedding but he does want to be married to me. Does that make sense?! He told me that if we could just be Mr & Mrs R and be husband and wife without having to have a wedding it would be great! A lot of people have suggested just the two of us etc but my grandparents and mother would be gutted and to be honest, I want my special day with all my loved ones around me!

So let's just say it's work in progress!!

Re the soup, I have always said that I would hate to give out the wrong advice on this forum so therefore I'm afraid I shall have to admit that I'm not sure! I suggest you ask your CDC perhaps. I do love Jamies Italian.....I'm in a positive head space today so I can comfortably think about Jamies Italian food without drooling on my desk! Oops, not quite!

Do you want to talk about your argument with hubby? Sometimes it can help to talk to a 'stranger' although at the same time I appreciate that this is a public forum and you may want to keep it to yourself!

Hi Niki!

I survived a night shift at work which is when I normally reach for the chocolate, so I've now abstained from my two biggest weaknesses :)

I'm also trying to lose by November as its my birthday & me & my size 8 best mate are going on holiday, she's my thinspiration!! I know what you mean about not going out, I'm not comfy in my dresses at the mo so am gonna save myself, but I have got in low cal tonic for my vodka as a security blanket, if it's there I won't need it!!

Well done to OH, bet he took a real ribbing from his mates! Fi :)

Hi Fifi! well done you -it's always great to stick to plan at a time where you KNOW you would normally go for the food! I bet you feel great for it! I wanted that glass (bottle) of wine on friday night but because I didn't, I felt so great on Saturday morning and haven't been tempted since then!

I'm going to wait until I have been on plan for a month before trying on my smaller dresses, but I did sort them all out this weekend! I put my too small summer clothes into one suitcase, as I won't need them now until next summer and I'm confident I will be able to wear them next year! I have put my too small autumn/winter clothes into another suitcase and as I say, in a months time I will hopefully be in a position to dig them out and perhaps have a trying on sesh! My size 16 clothes fit very comfortably now so hopefully I should be well into my size 14s in a month!

Ah, I'm a bottle not a glass girl too! ;p

I've put my summer clothes away aswell. I managed to lose half a stone before I went on holiday so could get in most of them, but since getting back in July it's just crept up on me! I've got a pair of jeans I love but haven't got in to for 3 years & they're my goal, but I won't get them out for a while. I started on weds & my work uniform was tight, put it on last night for the first time & I had room to breathe! Motivational!!
Fi :)

Morning :) oops afternoon lol.re the soups you arent meant to leave for than 15 mins as the nutrients die hun.but saying that i have left them longer.why dont u take a flask of hot water and mix the soup whike ure there? Just an idea hun :)).nicki ure doin great you should bottle your determination and sell it lol id happily buy some xx

Hi Franbella & Nikki

Franbella, thanks for that. I think that's what I'll do! I'll just be happy if I make it through the meal without cheating!

Nikki, my husband is just being a bit of an idiot just now. He just can't adapt to change of any kind. The week before I started the plan I had a stinker of a cold and he became really antsy, it's almost as if he relies on me to keep the ship sailing and if I'm ill or focusing on something new (the diet) he can't deal with it. I'm more angry with him because he went to Ireland to see his family for the weekend and didn't even text to see how our daughter was. If he wants to fall out with me then fine, but she's only 5! He's an idiot!!!!

And breathe...............as for your wait to get married, we were together for nearly 7 years before we got married! When we met, he lived in Ireland and I lived in Edinburgh so we had a long distance thing for nearly a year before giving up our jobs and moving to Australia. We travelled there for a bit and then settled down, found jobs and bought a house before I found out I was pregnant with our daughter. We sold the house when she was a week old and came home when she was 6 weeks old. I didn't think we'd ever get married but low and behold, he proposed in Miami in November 2010 and we got married on 11.11.11!

I always said I didn't want a big wedding and would go away to get married but we ended up having about 120 day guests and 200 in total at the evening reception and we had a brilliant day! All my hubby's family and lots of his friends came over from Ireland for the weekend for the Wedding so it was like a 3 day event which was great! Stick to your guns and have the Wedding you want! You could always plan the Wedding on your own and just get him to turn up somewhere one day hee hee. I'll help you arrange it, lol :)

Ahh I see! Yeah my OH is useless without me. We have been together for 9 years and engaged for 3. He's a proper nightmare at times but he is very good to me really. I get so frustrated when he works crazy hours and then spends all his time on the laptop when he is home......but he owns his company so he needs to be working hard so that one day we can be zillionaires! And now I'm on my laptop all the time so he moans at me! Ooh I just had a proper little daydream about what life would be like if we were zillionaires!

Back to reality! And worrying about overdrafts, mortgage etc. Arghhh!!!

Thats reminds me though....the reason why I have failed on diets before is because I only seem to have headspace for 1 issue at a time!! I was doing really well on WW and then I got made redundant. I was very lucky to get another legal job within 3 weeks but I had a little routine before and my new job was slightly different hours and the nature of the work meant I couldn't always leave at 5.30 on the dot....so I missed meetings and then I just stopped doing it.

Then I restarted it a few months later, once I was settled in my job. Then my OH and me started the process of buying our first home and it was soooooo stressful for me. OH spoke to the solicitors and estate agents a grand total of ZERO times! I did everything, whilst dealing with a really stressful corporate matter and the weight just piled on.

But the ironic thing is my weight issues just add to my stress! So I'm just excited to be on this journey and lose the weight. I need to try and make sure that 'life' issues don't hinder my weight loss this time!

Thanks fi! How are you doing tonight? Did you have a good day? I have a pair of size 10 jeans that I haven't fit into since second year uni.....and I graduated in 2005!!!!! They remain in my wardrobe at all times, to inspire me- um, obviously haven't been doing a great job of that so far! I can't even get them pass my thighs right now! They are very hip, stone washed, ripped at the knees....extremely fashionable circa 2003 but not so much now. I don't even care! I'm going to fit in them and I'm going to wear them out and look so fabulous I'll get them back in fashion!

Haha, who cares about fashion!! I've done really well today. Right now I'm sat in my mates kitchen with her cooking the most amazing smelling Spag bog & garlic bread... And I've got my soup all ready to go!! I'm dying to cave but it's not worth it before my wi
Fi :)

Nikie said:
Thanks fi! How are you doing tonight? Did you have a good day? I have a pair of size 10 jeans that I haven't fit into since second year uni.....and I graduated in 2005!!!!! They remain in my wardrobe at all times, to inspire me- um, obviously haven't been doing a great job of that so far! I can't even get them pass my thighs right now! They are very hip, stone washed, ripped at the knees....extremely fashionable circa 2003 but not so much now. I don't even care! I'm going to fit in them and I'm going to wear them out and look so fabulous I'll get them back in fashion!

They're vintage Nikki!!! You'll rock them again soon I'm sure! X

Ok, day 13 (? losing track already!) I realised last night that I haven't worn jeans in general for AGES! So it would be good as a first goal to get into my size 14s from Gap! I can do them up (when breathing in!) but theres a proper muffin top and when I put a vest top on it really does look like a spare tyre!!

Last night my OH was giving me a cuddle and he said that I feel so much smaller already!

He has already been discussing what he is going to do once he gets to goal.......for him it's practically within sniffing distance! He has gone from a starting weight of 98kg to hopefully 92kg at tomorrows weigh in! And his goal is 84kg so if he continues the same way he is hoping to get to goal in three weeks time. I have explained to him that I'll be on plan for a bit longer yet so in that respect it'll be easier for him to work through the steps properly! He is thinking of changing his goal now -so it's not just us women who change our minds!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Back