Niki's journey from scruffy to sophisticated!!

Hi fi! Congrats on your loss tonight! Had a great day....in bed already as going to pick up boss from airport tomorrow morning!

Will be on tomorrow....and 2nd weigh in tomorrow night!!!

Hello all, day 14!! I'm both excited and nervous about weigh in tonight. I have been 100% so I know I'll have a loss.....I have just put some pressure on myself to get into the 12s today! That would be amazing!

I picked boss up from airport today, he has been in Canada and brought back some lobsters. He wanted to give one to me and OH as a thank you for looking after his cat/picking him up from airport etc but I reminded him that I'm dieting. He then started with the whole 'seafood is good for you?'. I have previosuly explained that I was doing CWP to him before, when he tried to take me for a client lunch but he didn't realise that it was meal replacement all day! He thought I was still having an evening meal. So I got a bit of a lecture but I'm sticking to my guns on this one!

Luckily he knows me well enough to know that I'm very stubborn and will not change my mind just because he told me to!!

Second weigh in is at 7pm so I shall report back after that.......!!!

I lost 6lbs!!!!! So I have lost a stone in 2 weeks!!! Come on!

OH was disappointed to have 'only' lost 1.3kg....he felt it would be more this week and we were all a bit surprised. He is going to do SS+ for another week but if he gets the same next week he is going to go on SS. He wants a faster weight loss than SS+ is giving him.

Congratulations Nikie!! Thats brilliant, a stone in two weeks :)

On the jeans thing - i cant wait to wear nice jeans again, pair of skinny black jeans size 12 somewhare that im going to dig out and hang somewhere i think. I live in leggings.. Yours are defo vintage and vintage is the height of fashion daaahling x

Well done Nikie on the loss and sticking to your guns. That's fab. It gets soo tiring sometimes having to explain over and over that you cant have conventional food especially when it turns into a debate. Yawn!
Xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks ladies! So, week 3.....onwards and downwards as they say!

Still completely motivated - in fact even more so after the weigh in last night! I was aiming to be a stone lighter for OH's next event (which is the first weekend in October) so I'm chuffed to bits that I'm there already! Two more weigh ins before that and even if I lose 1lb each time I would still be 16lbs lighter than I was last time I saw them at the beginning of September! Let's aim for 20lbs lighter, thats 2lbs each week which I think would be doable!

The last two weeks has gone so quickly but I'm still impatient to be a size 14 already! I think whilst I'm doing it, it feels like it is taking forever but when I look back I'm sure it'll feel like it's gone so quickly!

Ok, onwards with day 15 - have a great day everyone!

Nikie said:
Thanks ladies! So, week 3.....onwards and downwards as they say!

Still completely motivated - in fact even more so after the weigh in last night! I was aiming to be a stone lighter for OH's next event (which is the first weekend in October) so I'm chuffed to bits that I'm there already! Two more weigh ins before that and even if I lose 1lb each time I would still be 16lbs lighter than I was last time I saw them at the beginning of September! Let's aim for 20lbs lighter, thats 2lbs each week which I think would be doable!

The last two weeks has gone so quickly but I'm still impatient to be a size 14 already! I think whilst I'm doing it, it feels like it is taking forever but when I look back I'm sure it'll feel like it's gone so quickly!

Ok, onwards with day 15 - have a great day everyone!

A stone in 2 weeks is amazing Niki, & im sure 2lbs a week until your event is do-able... As my mum would say "it's a marathon, not a sprint"!! I know how you feel about wanting it to be gone, I said to my CDC that if I only lose 1lb a week I'm still getting closer to my jeans!! Had a sip of my mums wine last night & it tasted rank! So glad I didn't buy a bottle last week it wouldve been a waste, more of wine than money ;)
Have a great day!
Fi

Haha! True! Yeah, the event in October is the last one of the season (maybe outing myself here?!?) and it lasts for 3 days. I'm not worried about it because I won't drink and I'll take my shakes. Then in November we have a big black tie event and the weekend after that...my big birthday party! So I need to decide what I am going to do nearer the time. I'm determined to stay SS 100% until The black tie event. Then I think I'll have protein rich food that night and avoid carbs and booze. But I am defo drinking at my party the weekend after! I'll decide what to do nearer the time, when I have more of an idea what weight I am!

1st down - woo hoo! That is a great result and you must be incredibly happy with it. 2lbs/week until your Oct event is definitely do-able - you will look terrific at the event! Eating protein and veg/salad is a good plan. Some people can tolerate alcohol and some can't on VLCD. I found that a glass of wine hits me much harder than normal and if I have 2, I struggle to stay awake (never mind sober!!!). :p

Don't put your smaller clothes too far out of reach. Like you, I had items in my wardrobe which I wanted to get back into...but the weight came off so fast (while it feeling painfully slow) that by the time I got around to trying on the stuff in the wardrobe that I hadn't worn in ages, it was too big! Felt sad, but good at the same time.

I lost 6lbs!!!!! So I have lost a stone in 2 weeks!!! Come on!QUOTE]

Hi Nikie,

I've been offline for a few days but just saw your result - WELL DONE!!! I've got 9lbs off in week one and into week 2 now... I'm aiming for a 5lb loss this week to try to match the 1 stone in 2 weeks then thinking about moving up to Step 2 to take it easy a bit since I have 8 months to lose it all and then another 6 months to maintain before the wedding... don't want to feel like I'm punishing myself with this diet!

Anyway - massive step towards your slim trim new body for your birthday!!!

Jx

Thanks Fizzyjen! Well done you -9lbs in one week! I'm so glad we are doing this!!!

I just had a really frustrating conversation with a girl in my office......she came in and said 'oh my boss just told me that we are all going to prezzo on Monday' (meaning me, her, her boss and my boss). I said 'oh sounds great but I'm dieting at the moment and so it's not good timing for me'. She said 'Surely theres something you can have?' And I said 'No'- my defences were going up. And she said 'are you not eating at all? Are you doing meal replacements?' So I said yes and there it was......'you'll have to be on that diet for the rest of your life/surely its not worth it/way can't you just be happy as you are/you'll gain it all plus more'. And this is coming from someone size 6. I said 'With all due respect, you have never been overweight in your life and this is what I'm doing'.

She said 'I may not be overweight but all my family are fat because they are lazy'.

I'm still really angry about it actually. I really didn't want to tell people like her that I was doing it.....she is so opinionated even when she doesn't know the facts.

And I know her boss is going to put pressure on me now as well.

I was feeling so upbeat but now shes made me feel rubbish. She said I'd never be able to eat in prezzo again as the weight would come back :(

That's exactly what happened to me. And I'm not even at goal yet!

Thanks Ali - I have calmed down and feel a lot better now!

Unfortunately there is no shortage of idiots out there who believe they know better than you. Based on vapour and the hot air that fills their lungs. Give them the respect they are due (and are showing you) = none; and get on with your life. They're not worth getting upset about.

As I told someone a couple of days ago, who was telling me I'd gain it all back and I should get on a "healthy" diet: a diet that works is healthy and this one is working for me - it is getting the weight off me that would lead to problems in the future (blood pressure, diabetes 2, etc), is enabling me to be more active and is providing all nutritional requirements.

Maintenance is going to be the challenge and we all know it. Getting feedback from airheads isn't helping what is already a scary prospect for some - but with CD, hopefully we know we have the ability to monitor our weight and the tools + self-control to do something about it when it creeps up a few lbs.

Well said Tizzy!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate everyones support....If I didn't work in the same building as her I could really have let loose on her but as it is we were trying to have a 'discussion' whilst being 'smiley' and 'friendly'. I can't be bothered to talk to people who know nothing about it and can't be bothered to educate themselves!

Another girl in the office said this morning that I'd definitely lost weight recently! It was a much nicer conversation and I just said I was doing zero alcohol and low carbing. She said I looked great!

My black size 16 work trousers are definitely looser; Tizzy do you really think I could be in my size 14 clothes that quickly? Seems to be taking forever! My suitcase has a mixture of size 10,12 and 14 in it and I was going to dig it out in a couple of weeks hoping to fit into size 14 by then......

Soooo.....went to my OH parents house last night and I wore my size 14 Gap jeans!!! To be honest I wouldn't say I was officially a 14 yet, because they were a little bit tighter than I would have liked but I really think that in a couple of weeks I'll be easily in them!

I keep dreaming about food! I dreamt that I ate bread by accident the other day and I felt so gutted....I was so relieved when I woke up! Last night I dreamt that I had some food as well but I can't remember what.....as long as its dream eating and not real life eating!!!

I took updated pictures yesterday (two weeks on) and can see a real difference! Especially in my face!

My OH has decided that his motivation is to get back into his original race suit that he hasn't been able to wear for years! He is hoping to be 84kg in a couple of weeks and he hasn't been that since uni (we graduated 2005!) so he is chuffed to bits! After graduation he had a beautiful suit tailored for him in London and for the last 3/4 years its been too tight for him and he's hoping to wear that to my birthday party! So the clothes thing is motivation for men as well as women!

Here I am again, on a Sunday evening.....really a bit down about it all. I had a plan which has worked all weekend until now. My OH's friend (the one from the middle east) has come over to ours this evening to watch the F1. Fine, no probs.....he has brought his own snacks as he knew we were doing diet which is so good of him, but it also means that I have a bag of crisps and chocolate about 10 inches from me......sigh.

They were supposed to watch it at 1pm but didn't end up getting here and starting it until 5pm....and I was hoping he'd be gone by now so I could have a relaxing bath.....as it is I probably won't get my bath until 9pm. On the plus side I have one more shake left tonight and I'm feeling quite positive about the coming week.

We have bought some tickets off my friend to see Michael McIntyre on Wednesday at the 02 so have changed our weigh in to Tuesday.......so we'll weigh in a day early this week. Then we'll be out Wednesday night so no temptation to eat. Plus I'm excited about it so hopefully it means the week will go quickly!

Its the same old story.....just want this to happen quicker! I'm sooooo impatient!

Back