Nikki (ngreen1974) Starts A Diary

I was going to post the same... make some dukan bread!! And you could even toast it and have a hot toasty! OK, be honest, does Dukan Bread have the same consistency as the Dukan Muffins? :jelous: I am very excited about the thought of toasting it and having it with a laughing cow. Mmm

At the time I forwarded to her the email I'd sent I still naively thought we'd laugh it off and move on. Now, since I've been accused of it, and also in her nasty email to me she said I was "policing" her, I might as well send emails regularly with her arrival time, and length of lunch hour! I could police her (and others!!) if I put my mind to it, grrrr!

Are you a secretary too, Nikki? For my sins, yes. Well, before having my girls. I'm currently a stay at home Mummy, but both jobs are exactly the same!!:)

You know you said you had to empty the freezer (I presume because of your food poisoning issues), is there a reason why you think perhaps the issue came from there? Just wondering cos I had an electricity issue in the country not that long back and I chose not to dump the entire contents of TWO freezers (and we've eaten plenty out of it since, and are still here to tell the tale). 12 more hours off and I'd have had to. 2 freezers! You lucky thing. I'd love that at Christmas time. I had dukan porridge for breakfast the day I got sick, a pint of water and then for lunch I had 2 quorn burgers (from the freezer) and some mushrooms. The day before the freezer had been left open for goodness knows how long, so I'm just assuming it was the frozen food that did it as I was sick 20 minutes after eating it. I also couldn't take the chance that Millie might get sick too (not bothered about Chris :p)[QUOTE]

You so dont want that bloaty carby bread really ;)

Though of course being ill makes you crave some comfort food.
Once your tum is totally settled your head will be easier to manage.

You are so brave speaking up at work, I just sulk and quit. ha ha ha dont get me wrong. I am SUPERB at sulking!

Mmmm tell me more :D

It was not good (I was guessing the recipe) but Anja has just posted the Dukan bread recipe on the recipe thread for me again. I m going to cook it in my mini silicon ring moulds so it looks like a bagel.

I have never made Dukan bread... after I tasted muffins, I was lost forever... (are laughing cows OK? innocent question cos we can't get them here so I've no idea what the fat content is)

I actually have three... cos in the city I've a fridge freezer; and in the country too, plus a freezer there too... and when we arrived there a month or so ago the power was off. And had been a while. Sheets of ice had fallen off the top of the freezer where She Slob hadn't defrosted in awhile... but the food "seemed" all nicely stuck together still (hurray for an overfull messy freezer) so we took the risk. Ate dubiously at first, but had forgotten about it until you mentioned it!!

Poor ole Chris!

It was not good (I was guessing the recipe) but Anja has just posted the Dukan bread recipe on the recipe thread for me again. I m going to cook it in my mini silicon ring moulds so it looks like a bagel.

Be honest about the consistency. I cant stand those fake 'Muffins'. Sorry Jo. x

I have never made Dukan bread... after I tasted muffins, I was lost forever... (are laughing cows OK? Back off, they're the only thing I can have that's even close to cheese Grrrrrrr ;) I think they're fine, as they're extra light and they are a tolerated food. innocent question cos we can't get them here so I've no idea what the fat content is)

I actually have three... cos in the city I've a fridge freezer; and in the country too, plus a freezer there too... and when we arrived there a month or so ago the power was off. And had been a while. Sheets of ice had fallen off the top of the freezer where She Slob hadn't defrosted in awhile... but the food "seemed" all nicely stuck together still (hurray for an overfull messy freezer) so we took the risk. Ate dubiously at first, but had forgotten about it until you mentioned it!!

Poor ole Chris!

Dont worry, he's tough as old boots :D

hiya nikki are u ok hunny !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm back on my feet. Thanks for asking lovely. I read somewhere your son is stressing you out a bit. U ok? x

Hope you're better, Nikki and that nobody else was ill (not even your hubby:p).

Thanks Laura. No one else got it which confirms that it was definitely the food. xxx

WI day today and as recorded on the WI thread I have lost 2lb this week. :)

I'm really pleased about that but I must admit that there is a little niggling feeling at the back of my head saying 'gutted, thought it might have been a bigger loss'. Oh well. Actually now I come to think about it, being sick :jelous: may have actually had the opposite effect than I thought it might. Initially I thought I might lose more weight as I threw up for 6 hours but since then I have barely eaten or drunk much water as I was worried about being sick again. Maybe there is some truth or eating lots of protein and drinking lots of water equalling weight loss;)! Either that or I'm clutching at straws as to why my weight loss wasnt higher. :)

I'm going to make Dukan bread today to satisfy this insatiabe hunger for toast that I seem to have this week. Wish me luck!

Bring on the protein!!!!! :D

x

Thanks Jaqys. What have your average weekly losses been like over the past few months? You've done staggeringly well. Are you good more often than not? :)x

Well first month is a bit of an odd one both for the massive losses the first 2 weeks and the 'new scale gain'.

Since beginning of August my weekly average is 2.8lbs, roughly 12lbs a month. Which is pretty amazing compared to any other diet I've done, but I still want it to go faster ;)

I'm gobsmacked! 12lb a month. WOW. I dont know of any other diet where it's so consistent and for so long. I definitely need to hear stories like yours to keep me going. I love a happy ending.

BIG pat on the back to you.

Hmm no matter what you lose a month I think we all want to shift quicker!

Just keep doing what you're doing as it's quite obviously working.

xx

Glad you're feeling better Nikki... (would it help any to know that those extra lite laughing cows look fine as a tolerated food...). Sorry that the weight loss wasn't more, but hopefully next week you'll be recompensed!

Have a good weekend...

Wooo Hooo on the laughing cow Jo. You've made my day. I just need to perfect the bread or cookie so I can smear it on either. Mmmm

x

Hey Hon :)

Glad you've gotten over your sickness and well done on your WI result :)

I've been on/off dukan since July... and definitely notice when I don't eat - I don't lose :p catch 22

From looking back at my WI's I get about 7lbs (1/2 stone) a month off during a typical cruise month.

Hope you have a good weekend xxx

Back