nikki's diary - closed...... moved over to maintenance to test the water!

thanks ladies. :D

so miffed off with my parents today. they say i'm going to give my daughter a complex about food the way i'm going on... not regarding my diet that is.

what happened was what always happens. my mother gives my daughter whatever she wants when she wants it and when i challenge her she then tells my 3 year old girl "Mummy say's NO!". this, i feel, sends out messages that i'm the bad one who isn't letting her have stuff but grandma would have let her etc etc. today she wanted a hot chocolate (options). i said no you can have milk or water. my mother said the mummy says no malarky and i was so pissed off i challenged her again saying that there is nothing good in options hot chocolate. she then said that she could have an ordinary one but i said no again as that is full of sugar. both my mum and dad then started on me about giving her my complex about food. i don't see it this way though i see it as being sensible, learning to enjoy food and drink but in a sensible way in moderation (e.g i don't let her have biscuits unless she has eaten all of her dinner and only occasionally. it was getting so bad at my mum's house re-biscuits that she was eating them every single day as we are round lots. i've tried to compromise by saying that friday could be treat day at her house for emily but that is just not good enough).

i was never told about moderation and was left to eat as much as i wanted whenever i wanted. one day my mum was at a hospital app and she left me with one of her friends in the waiting room with about 5 bars of chocolate. i was about 6-8 years old. not sure of my age but around that age. i had one bar then asked for another and i got it from my mum's friend. when i asked again she told me no as i'd had enough. i'd never been told this before and was miffed. anyway on the way home on the tube (mum's app was in london) i got another 1 or 2 bars to eat. so not a good thing to have really but being young my mum should have taken control and not bought me so many and limited them. however, my parents don't know about moderation. they are both overweight with type 2 diabetes, heart problems and my mum has had several strokes which have left her with limited mobility. you'd think that they'd be more careful about things regarding my daughter but no, no, no, no! i'm just angry. :mad:

my mum doesn't understand why she doesn't loose weight and my dad looses it then puts it on again then looses it then puts it on again etc. mind he's 71 and she's 66 in june.

i suppose what i'm saying is that i'm a food addict cause i never learnt about moderation or was never told not to eat so much of certain foods and it made me big as a child which resulted in me having a truly terrible childhood at school where i was bullied and taunted which resulted in me eating more etc. being a fat child is not nice and i don't want that for my kids. i want to teach them about moderation, about having certain foods as treats and only once in a while. i don't want fat kids, for their sake not mine :cry:

i just don't know how to get through to my mum. will she ever understand what i'm trying to do? does she just plainly not understand at all?

off to see CDC tomorrow so i think i've made my mind up on packs.

7 soup - leek and pot and veg.
7 porridge - apple and cinnamon
7 tetras - choc only
7 shakes - choc and choc mint only

can't wait to get some bars next week. peanut and the cranberry ones are really nice followed by choc orange. i'm really going to struggle with my 28 mix. :D

Great things, don't let your folks undermine you. You have your daughters best interests at heart and frankly whether they like your shoice or not, she is your daughter and what you say should go! I think your attitude is very sensible and when your daughter grows up nice and healthy she too will appreciate it!

I grew up with a mum who didnt eat much fruit, no vegetables and was always busy so always cooked easy processed food. Hence at 25 I weigh nearly 19 stone, granted I've always been overweight and I moved out when I was 17 so have only had myself to blame since then. However, I was never taught how to eat properly and now have and probaly always will have relationship issues with food and my weight? Like I am sure most others on this site do. x

2nd time round diary - flaming hell. my little boy's been touching it and all my post went. grrrrrrr

weigh in with my cdc this morning and then i'll update but i think i've lost around 11lbs.

i'm still aching slightly from saturday so i'm having 2nd thoughts about doing the body pump class tomorrow evening. i might swap to body combat as i need to be able to run at the gym on thursday. i've got gym today and have to fit in running, bike, cross trainer and the new paddle treadmill into my routine. no time for weights which is why i'm doing body pump. my core muscles need work after having a baby. think pilates would be great so might swap wed to monday. anyway then i take my daughter swimming. dude's swimming was last night. :D

back from my cdc with my next weeks supplies....

i've lost 11lbs. 13st 12lb from 14st 9lbs.

yeah!

i've also changed tomorrows class from body pump to pilates :D

could it get any better than this.....

Yay! Congrats...11lbs, that amazing! Your already 1/4 of the way to your target. x

wow... i'd not thought of it like that. a 1/4 of the way. totally happy now. :D :D :D

week 2 is well underway and another 1lb off according to my scales. so far today i've had:-

1 black coffee
1 pint of water and
1 choc shake.

love it. :D

Well done with the 11lbs gone forever :clap:

Just picking up on something earlier in the thread if you don't mind :)

food - can you live forever without food. can you give up your addiction by not having any at all. yes, on cd, but not forever and ever and ever. in the long term you need food to live. food is a fuel source and unlike the other addictions you can not just give it a miss for the rest of your life.

True, but I don't think it's the food that's addictive, but more to do with our habits around food....how we use food. That's the problem but that can be changed.

I thought that I overate because I loved food, but find even skinnies who don't eat a lot love food. There are lots of things I love but don't feel the compulsion to keep on doing it regardless of whether it damages me or not.

It's all so very complex isn't it.

well i was going to go to pilates tonight which starts at 5.30pm but hubby and i obviously got our wires crossed. i thought he said he'd be home for 5pm but he said that he was going to leave work at 5pm so he didn't get back until 5.20pm and there was no way i'd make the class for 5.30pm. i'd got changed and everything. totally miffed. then i looked at my answer machine and it was flashing with a message to say my saturday night body pump class has been cancelled. argh! so friday night is body pump night this week, saturday off to the cinema instead. plus i've booked pilates for 7.30-8.30pm monday instead.

so my week will pan out like this....

monday - swimming with baby, pilates.
tuesday - gym then swimming with my daughter
wednesday - think i'll do my wii fit
thursday - gym then swimming with my daughter then weights.
friday - swimming with little baby boy, body pump
saturday - swimming with my daughter
sunday - ?????? i'm sure i can find something to do that day.

looks like i'm going to have to buy another cossie.

well i'm totally loving the apple and cinnamon porridge now that i've perfected it for me. i like it more watery so that it doesn't taste so salty.

hi! love your diary.

It struck a cord with me as I had my third (and last) baby 7 months ago(ish) and gave upi bf before xmas so i could start CD and lose some weight before i go to work. Its so sad that i have had my last baby and although i never wanted a baby after my second, now i have a third i want a fourth. I feel sad to think that my pregnancy and baby years are over. my little one is grwoing so fast. i am so sad to have given up breastfeeding, but it was the right time for us both. i still feel full of hormones, and am sad that the last year has just flown by.

Also, when i started CD i too was miserable about having to do it, and having to give up food. now, i love CD and i have been working hard to make healthier food options.

Re cd - you seem to be doing fab. I have lost 19lbs in 7 weeks and feel great, stone to goal. you dont appear to need to lose loads.... good luck and keep posting. My diary is in the returners forum as i did CD in 2008 but them fell preggers whilst on it so had to stop. Oh, how i long for those days when i was preggers and used to eat yummy foods all the time!!!

cant believe you are exercising! well done you, although be careful you dont overdo it.

thanks leeds123 :D i'm really careful when i exercise and really watch my mood and ability. today i was running and felt that i was quite tired so had to stop at 8mins 30secs whereas tuesday i did 10mins. drinking loads of water at the gym which is fantastic for weight loss.

i had loads to loose last time - over 5st but this time i did weightwatchers whilst i was feeding matthew so lost a bit before i started here. i wanted to get to a year for feeding him but he started getting really clingy and pulling at my top and i wanted my fitness and weight back again. so selfish of me. i have thought over the past few weeks that i miss our closeness but i'm sure things are ok.

:( think i've caught a cold thing. throat doesn't feel quite right and nose has been running. it's probably the gym. as soon as you start running you really open up those airways and those bugs just fly right in. breathing deeply is the problem and people who exercise when they've got a cold are the cause.

strange thing.... not sure if anyone else is suffering or whether it's just me but my ankles are really itching. i've been scratching them like crazy. they're covered in scratches and spots. :eek:

today i have felt like i've struggled. just felt miffed about not eating. i need to do this and i know things will get better but i've just been 'moved' by food. so a very hard day. i find it so much easier to keep on track when i'm very busy. today has been a lazy day. cold's annoying me. i felt no motivation to do my body pump class. it was raining and cold all day long without let up - a bit like my mood. i did go and did my best but the teacher was different and not as good then faffed about with the mic she was wearing as all the batteries she had were dead. squats and lunges, biceps, triceps, chest, abs - owwy. i must say that last saturday my legs could hardly make it down the stairs but this week they were a little better. heavier weights on my top half. good music though.

saturday in week 2.

feel a little better today. the thing is i don't really want my shake in the morning. i would be quite happy to wait but convention dictates me to have one then.

i've been having CD dreams. ones where i have a blip and eat. :eek: twice now i've had this dream.

off to the gym this morning for emily's swimming lesson. hubby and matthew are coming too. so should be fun fun fun.

been on the scales and had a sneeky look, this week i've tried not to do that, but it looks like i've lost 3 1/2lb so far and i still have a few days before my weigh in on tuesday.

having a few problems with my daughter the past 2 weeks since friday they broke up from school. she's 3 and has been toilet trained for quite some time but has gone completely back over and has started peeing herself every day at least twice if not more. a couple of days it was 5 times. so disheartening. been to the docs and they've treated her for a water infection but the medicine's done no good. she just does it and doesn't know that she's done it, or doesn't care that she's done it. i can't decide. however, she's wet and doesn't tell me that she is or that she wanted to go to the loo. feel like killing her at the moment. so my patience is very small. i'm at a loss as to know what to do other than take her every hour or half hour and to limit her drinks. i've tried treats, talking to her, shouting etc etc but nothing works and she's still doing it. i can't decide what's wrong as nothing really changed. there was just the week off school but then she's still doing it this week and she's back at school again.

i've ordered a new swimsuit and can't wait for it to come. i've got about 4 swims at the moment but only 1 fits well. 2 are too big and the other fits beautifully but the straps don't go in enough and feel like they're going to fall off my shoulders so i won't wear it. this one is a cross over back by zoggs (kiama) and i think it's going to be fantastic. maybe i've got rose tinted glasses on though. i was hoping that it was going to arrive early this morning so i could try it on and wear it today but it'll have to be monday then. i've also bought a swim hat as i don't really like getting my hair wet and i'm hoping that, when i try it, it works and keeps it 99.9% dry. mind you look stupid as it looks like a big condom on your head.... it's baby blue too - loverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrly! :D

Heehee, I never wear a hat, but I swim in the mornings before work when the swimming training clubs are on and I do get jealous when I see them take their hat off and they've still got beautifully straightened, clean, dry hair!

A friend of mine had a similar problem with her daughter, scept I get the impression her daughter was younger than yours?! Not sure why...anyway, she used to leave her in her wet clothes until she was uncomfortable and asked to be changed. Eventually she started telling her straight away and then when she needed to go.

I feel for you, I don't have kids, but it's hard enough toilet training the dogs!

Just been to see From Paris with love with my CD shake and a bottle of the finest water the cinema could offer. this is the life. had a good day. felt peckish round lunchtime but i was in need of water and my shake.

today i've been swimming and then cleaning the house all day. i also had a heart to heart with my little girl and the wonder pets reward chart has been dusted off and is in pride of place on our wall again with 3 cards on it for her wees. i've also bought some padded knickers for her. she said that they rustle. it's right they do cause they're waterproofed.

wow cornishkez i look forward to using my latex sexy hat then lol :D

Back