nikki's diary - closed...... moved over to maintenance to test the water!

hi there, you are braver than me, i wouldnt go to the pics whilst doing CD as id be mardy if i couldnt have some nachos lol. does any1 ever go in the chat rooms?? ive logged in a few times and it never shows anyone else.lol.

Oh, no I didn't know there was a chat room on here?
GT - Hopefully the praise for doing good and the discomfort of the noisy knickers will do the trick!

well it's the day of the christening. got my bar will travel lol. i'n sure what to expect today. i think i could do with holding off having my first shake until 11.30am so that i'm not feeling hungry at the service which is 12.30. then i can have my bar around 2ish.

hi there, you are braver than me, i wouldnt go to the pics whilst doing CD as id be mardy if i couldnt have some nachos lol. does any1 ever go in the chat rooms?? ive logged in a few times and it never shows anyone else.lol.

it's easier going to the cinema when you can have the bars as at least it's something to chew on. the tetra hit the spot but was a little noisy at the bottom when you've really got to suck.

it's just nice going to see a movie and we never used to get treats, just a drink, but we both slipped into fat mode and we used to get so much stuff it was daft, the we cut it back to just popcorn (or cornflakes as my daughter calls it) and a drink. last time i went my hubby ate most of the popcorn he held it and i had a bit but then i was expecting him to let me hold it and he didn't so i just left it and told him afterwards and his reply was 'i thought you didn't want any!' cheeky begger. :D

yeah i suppose your right. ive never had the bars. are they nice? i never think to buy them but i bet its lovely to chew on them. i try to make my porridge chewy lol.

some bars are nice some make you feel really sick. i tend to like the peanut and cranberry ones and also the choc orange ones.

it's been a really strange day. ups and downs.

the ups :D

i'd picked out an outfit from my things to wear at the christening today and i had to change it as the trousers wouldn't stay up, they fell down. i had to go hunting for a size 16. they fit well. so i'm going to have to go and sort out my things either tomorrow or tuesday.

i stuck to my diet during the full day and didn't have any blips even though my head was saying, go on have a few nuts or some cheese as it's protein and it won't take you out of ketosis. go on, go on, etc.

the downs :cry:

the food at the christening was really nice and i couldn't have any of it. the smell and the imagined taste in my mouth was hard to take.

hubby drank loads of beers and then got a pizza and donna for him and the kids. it smelt wonderful. i didn't have any even though as i was cleaning my little man his bits of chewed pizza smelt wonderful.

the ups out way the downs in that i want to be slim again and i'm going to get there by hook or by crook and that means sticking to my diet.

i want to be thin more than i want to eat and cheat.

well.... it's my weigh day tomorrow and i've tried so hard not to be obsessed with the scales this week. i find it hard not to go onto the scales 2 to 3 times a day which is a lot better than i've done in the past where i've gone on after every meal.

for the past week or so i've had CD dreams where i've had a cheat and then got cross with myself and it's even over spilled into my waking time as i've woken up feeling daft for cheating when i haven't. just one of those things.

i hope i've had a good loss this week as i've had a good week and stuck to it 100%.

i'm still missing food and find it hard to resist but you have to.

well... i'll update my diary when i've had my weigh in. fingers crossed.

well what a disaster. my CDC's scales are broken so she's borrowed some from her mum and they weigh heavier. she's weighed a few people and herself and we all think that they're 2lbs out. so.... hampered by the different scales my weight loss this week is....

3lbs.

nevermind, next week, hopefully by then her scales will be fixed, that 2lbs and the rest i'll loose this week will come off and i can get back to 'normal' with the weigh ins.

i must say though that i weighed heavier dressed on hers than i weighed on mine dressed and i'd had a few more wees. :)

3lbs still takes you to your 1st stone! Yay! Congrats x

And like you said, it will be extra next week.

right i'm into week 3 now. i wonder if things will get easier with the craving of food? i don't feel hungry and don't therefore need food but i think as it's a bit of an obsession i can't help but think about it and wait for the day when i start to eat again as i know, from last time, the food will taste amazing, even cottage cheese and salad will be the best thing ever!

managed to run a mile on the treadmill yesterday. it was really good. i haven't been able to do this for a long time. although i kept running until i was 20 weeks pregnant i couldn't run for long as i got tired quickly and my heart rate went up quite high quite quickly. so 1 mile in 12 mins is fantastic. it's the longest i've ran for since i started running. probably tomorrow i'll now even be able to do half a mile! my CDC even commented on how she wished more people would exercise on CD as it really does tone you up and helps the weight to come off quicker.

for me i need to exercise for my sanity and because a very long time ago i lost a lot of weight, not on CD as i didn't know about it then, and i was left so flabby it was silly. my skin was and in some places still is very stretched. the only downsize to being very big then loosing it. i could really do with a full body lift. arms, legs, tummy boobs etc etc.

i would also like laser eye surgery too. i'm going to look more into this later in the year. apparently you can't have it done until 3 months after you've stopped breastfeeding which would make it end of may but by then i'll be running and deeply in training for all my running events like the 5k, 10k and GNR and you can't exercise for 2 weeks after having your eyes doing. so i'll wait until october time.

ems is still wetting her pants all the time. yesterday was really bad but i stayed calm and didn't shout at her and just gave her some new clothes and said you need to change your trousers and knickers. i left her to do it. we are in our 3rd week of that too! i just don't understand, it's so frustrating but after talking to my health visitor she thinks that it's down to behaviour and that she's doing it to get a reaction of us all. my parents think i'm being very harsh on her by getting her to change herself but as she can get herself dressed all by herself inc socks and shoes i can't see the problem. if she kicks off about it i then say 'you wet yourself, you change yourself'. i'm staying very calm and not shouting just letting it ride in the hope that if she doesn't get a reaction out of me then she'll get back on track.

yesterday she was as high as a kite, totally off the wall. even the lady at the kids club at the gym said she'd never seen her so bad. she was bouncing off the walls literally. running around missing the first 2 steps of the runs to the slide (soft play slide). running towards the softplay wall and bouncing off it. it was chocolate! i gave her a little choc rabbit as the day before she'd been ok with her toilet training. she was wild. last night she was playing us up so we just put her in her room. she found a crayon and drew lines all over her cream carpet in her room and on her pink walls. she'd pulled her clothes out of her draws and onto the floor. she's really finding ways of testing us. just got to be strong and not react. we are off to soft play today, only if she keeps herself dry. otherwise we'll stay at home.

great things - keep going you are doing fab. I am in week 9 and the hunger doesnt stop it jut becomes head hunger as opposed to real hunger but dont give up. I too did some exercise today and my god i feel bloomin fantastic. i only do it a few times a week as i dont want to do too much but it helps with my mind and perks me up. i used to run and loved it and reading your post made me wanna start again. might think of joining a local running group this time to see if i can do it. its just hard finding the time with a baby, work (soon), home and 2 kids. anyway, keep posting here.

well i've had a good day with my daughter today. not been stressed, just let her do what she wanted in terms of potty training, making it her decision. took her to soft play and told her that if she wet herself we would go home. she's been fine. had one accident this morning. took her to the loo before school, she was dry and we just went into the next room to the loo and she said 'it's too late, i've wet myself!' so she'd done it deliberately. told her there was her knickers and trousers and she needed to get ready herself. she kicked off and i told her that if she wasn't dressed then she'd go to school like she was. 5 mins later she was dressed. yeah!

hubby's birthday tomorrow. i've got him a dvd, pc game, book, dressing gown and a cake to eat. just got to wrap them now and write out his cards. hope he likes them. i won't be eating cake! shame as it looks fab - emily choose it and it's a red racing car from cars. mind she let the cat out of the bag last week when we'd bought it. flaming kids, lol!

well 3 shakes down and 1 to go. choc for brekkie, tetra for lunch and then leek and pot soup. i'll be having porridge for tea. i love it so much i could eat it for every meal, but then i'd sicken myself of it. it's going to be hard choosing next time as i want bars again. i did get just 2 bars last week. need to see if my losses are still as good on them.

gym tomorrow. body pump saturday.

i feel so tired today. i could quite easily drop off to sleep. need some matchsticks to keep my eyes open.

Hi great things

just wanted to catch up with you on the potty training front. How old is your little girl? I have twin girls who will be 3 in a couple of weeks. One of them was potty trained in September in a matter of days, and dry at night too. The other one still isn't interested, wants the knickers but won't use toilet or potty. Have you any tips???? Am I right in thinking your daughter was trained and gone backwards? I wish mine would at least give it a try. She seems to view nappies as a comfort thing, am wondering if we have made her a bit wary or frightend, but am getting a bit concerned as she's showing no signs of being ready.

Sorry, not CD related at all :) Love the diary xx

emily's 3 years and 2 months and was totally potty trained from 2 1/2 years old. we started feb last year at 2 years and 2 months and she did really well and then went back over when i had matthew. she picked it back up again and things went well.

i think glitter in the toilet is a good one. praise, sweets if necessary. taking them every hour and making it fun. i used to read emily a story on the potty or toilet and really clap and make a fuss if she did a wee. not putting them in knickers at first is good too. training knickers are excellent.... the padded ones. i had a reward chart, which i've put up again.

is she frightened of the toilet? the flush? one tip given to me was to sit them on backwards so that they can hold onto the back of the loo.

I'm blaming myself for her being frightened - not of the toilet but I'm wondering if maybe I've made a big deal out of her sister doing it and her not.....makes me feel like a bad mum admitting it may be me. But I thought a bit of rivalry might work but it hasn't! She isn't scared of the toilet as such, I just think its the whole process of going to the toilet, its probably just that she doesn't know what to do and everyone else seems to know but her - writing this down is making it clearer me seeing what the problem is :). Well, its their birthday next week so I might make a really big fuss of new potty for her, new knickers, glitter in the toilets a good idea and lots of little treats (prob is her sister wants treats for weeing on the potty or toilet and she was trained months ago :)). Will get my mum down for a few days to help out with the other 2 and spend a lot of time with her... thanks for the advice. It was so easy doing her sister last year and I assumed that Penelope would follow suit. Oh well, never assume.....

The stress is good for weight loss I suppose :D. Hope your little girl finds her way again soon xx

keep going great things your doing brillaintly!! loveing your excercise routine!! think im going to go for a run tomorrow!! just a short one even though i can do 10 miles without much problem!! im worried i will egt dizzy though as i can get get dizzy form getting up too quickly :( we shall have to see!!

x x x

day ...... not sure but we're into week 3!

it's been hubby's birthday today and he had some nice pressies, a nice tea and a car cake. it looked fab but i looked and didn't touch.

ems has not been too bad the past few days 1 wee yesterday morning and a dry day until bath time when she peed on our spare room guest bed, just don't know why other than hubby was bathing matthew and i was putting clothes away so she was on her own. you could say it was a bit of a step back but i'n hoping that things will still be ok tomorrow. hubby's also taking her away for the weekend to his mum's and dad's and i'm here with just the littley!

i've felt so tired today, very strange. at the gym this pm i could have just gone for an hours kip rather than working out but instead i made sure i did my stuff. i had a good run and was listening to some new tunes. spin me right round came on just as i was going to stop but it energised me so much i carried on and did 1.25 miles in 15 mins. i must get running outside soon. that's when i'll see the most improvement quick. need to buy a jogger pram. was thinking baby jogger performance with the big wheels. here.... Baby Jogger Performance Series Stroller (20" wheels) - WWW.BABYBOOM2000.CO.UK

it would make running outside easier as i could drop ems off the go running with matthew.

do you know... i'm really getting a taste for black coffee (with about 3 sweetners in it lol :D). i always liked mine with milk and quite milky but black does taste really nice. i love my vice of having a nice costa coffee at the gym after a workout.... black, so not really a vice but very nice.

so far this week i've seen no change on the scales but i know that sometimes the body has to catch up with it all and you can't always loose every single week on this diet. however, the weeks you don't loose your size seems to change and you loose a trouser size.

i'm so glad i'm not going away this weekend with my hubby as i really need a break from my daughter, i'm with her 24/7 or so it seems and she's been such hard work the past 3 weeks. it also gives me a change to do my body pump on saturday and also to avoid my lovely, kind MIL asking me what types of cakes i can eat on my diet.... although she might be a little more wise this time round :p

Back