Nikkis diary

So pleased oh is better, must have been awful for you both.
Hope Shannon enjoys her birthday, sounds like fun!
60lb in 6months is FANTASTIC, well done love :party0011::party0011::party0011:
How exciting about your dress fitting, I know exactly how you feel, I enjoyed having my fittings sooooo much!
Lovely hearing from you
xx

thanks girls
:grouphugg:
Yeah Marie, Shannon is going to be a flower girl! am going to dress her up like a mini bride!! she'll be gorgeous!!

So how are you all getting on diet wise? - My week went fine - I have just done a 4.2 mile walk so Im really proud of myself (havent done ANY exercise since my first week on ww- 6 months!! :eek:) so as you can imagine am really unfit BUT I flew around the walk - it used to kill me.. coming near the end of it I thought I would die but this eve found it really easy!! probably the result of carrying 4stone less!!

Im really consciously going to try and do the walk every day from now on because im sure it would really spur on my losses plus I really need to tone to be honest - Im thinking, that walk, once a day would equal 29 miles a week - SURELY this could add an extra pound to my losses each week? and currently am losing on average 2-3 lbs - am hoping with this, I could push it to 3-4lbs? hmm... could be just wishful thinking but it would mean being at goal so much quicker.

it might be hard to find the motivation though, today I was at home all day, just cleaned up, made some dinner and played with Shannon so I wasnt tired but am worried it wont be as easy to go do it after being out at work all day and a million and one things to do once home. will see. Going to try my best anyway. Im going to give it this week anyway, and Tuesday week Ill know if it has made any difference at the weigh in. If not ill still try and do a little for toning purposes.

So Shannons party went fantastic!! had such a lovely, lovely day - weather was even great!! :eek: Shannon had a ball at the zoo, she loved all the animals and of all things particulary the rabbits!! (which we see every day of the week!!), had a gorgeous (very healthy) picnic - everyone remarked on how lovely it was and I was still able to keep within my points. Came back to the house where I dressed Boo up as a princess (bless she had a crown and tutu and wings lol!!) and we played loads of games(I must have burned 80000000 calories running around like a lunatic), broke open the pinata and cut the cake. She went off to bed and Alan went in and got all the girls dominos pizzas and we watched a movie. Boo was so delighted when she woke to see all her cousins still here!!

So, that was my weekend - back to work tomorrow.

Hope your all having a great week x

Hi Nikki

This is the first time I have read your thread, you are doing so well!!

Im about to start WW after a very long break, Would you mind posting a rough idea of what you eat each day?

Thanks v much, and Well Done! Mandy x

You are doing so well Nikki!!! Well done - only a couple of stones until target - you will fly through those! I will think of you and Starlight everytime I reach for the biscuits! I need to get this weight off and stay focused!!

Ax

awww Andi - thank you so much, that is so sweet of you pet x

Mandy - thanks a mill - lovely to meet you!! - what do I eat?? lol! If im honest complete rubbish!!! :eek: - but wait I can completely justify it!! :D

Have tried 10 million diets and never, ever stuck to them because always felt deprived. Now, I know that I read somewhere or someone told me(I think) that your not supposed to spend anymore than 12 points per week on crap but I choose to completely ignore this "rule" for the simple reason that if I did, Id end up giving in and ww would be out the window...

Ok, rough Idea of what I eat (does vary but for instance...) :eek:

dont eat breakfast first thing as always rushing around like a lunatic in the morn but always have (yes, I know I should):

2 slices of brown toast with one of the little butter squares and some strawberry jam with bout 2 cups of coffee at 11am in work. (including milk allowance for day works out at 5.5 pts)

have either a spicy chicken piri piri baguette from burger king (yum 5 pts) or I go to a nearby cafe and have this low cal sandwich (ww bread, turkey rasher, sweetcorn, extra light mayo, tons of free salad) for 2.5 pts. I try to eat as low as possible during the day as I find nights and weekends are my weak spot (so have loads for eve to munch on and enough to save for wkend without feeling deprived)

Evenings, ah depends on the mood, sometimes will have a ww ready meal and rubbish like baked crisps (1.5 ) malteasers (3.5) etc.... or get the h/l garlic bread in tesco (1pt per slice) and onion bajhijs (sp??) - 1pt each for the huge ones..

oh and I always always save and have a WHOLE small dominos pizza with two garlic and herb dips on a Friday night all to myself (cos I love it)

So there you have it, I know its a terrible diet - I eat crap but its the only way I could stick to it - the key is I may spend my points on rubbish but I ALWAYS stay within my points!

I do drink alot of water in work - probably about 3 litres per day - dont know if that helps or not? - I love it.

Dont know if any of that helped!!.
very best of luck pet x

Hello love
Really pleased to hear that Shannon's birthday went really well.
As for the walking, oh my god 29 miles would definately help with toning/weightloss! Best of luck with it.
Lovely hearing from you.
xx

Thanks for that. Its good to know that you really can lose weight and eat more or less what you want, be it less of it! :eek:

Mandy x

so sorry folks!! they are tesco own brand and sorry but I got it wrong the huge ones are 1.5 each but they are gorgeous and really filling!! oh and thought of another, tesco own brand pancakes - one point each!!! (again filling for being so low) or 1.5pts for the lemon and raisin ones (and so cheap, I might add!)

So, I lost 1lb last week - couldnt help but feel a little disappointed.. hey, I know its a loss but I had been so good - its a little frustrating :rolleyes: then lost 2lbs this week :) so, Im down 3 since I was last on here.

Went out at the weekend with the girls - great night but I got way too drunk and died all day Sunday. Which reminds me (cos it was said so much that night aswell) did I tell you that EVERYONE I meet is shocked and commenting on my weight loss - including people who usually wouldnt mention things like weight usually - its such a lovely feeling!! I bumped into OH's, brothers, girlfriend (if your with me) on Sat night (havent seen in a while) and she said "oh my God, I had heard you were gone like that and held up her little finger (far from it lol!!) but I didnt realise how much so!!"

Am going on holidays on Saturday! woo hoo! cant wait but have soooo much to do before hand!! - have'nt packed a thing, have a pile of washing, have to clean the whole house before we go, want to clean out our 3 cars (3 because I have'nt got around to selling my old car which is like a pig sty at the min) because we're taking the opportunity and putting them all in for a service while we're away which wouldnt be a problem if I was at home all day but trying to find the time with work and Shannon is soooo hard!!! :sigh:

Im taking (my first) "week off" while on holidays - I just want to relax and enjoy myself but am panicing a little because am hoping this time off wont set me, weight wise, too far back because I am on a time frame with dress fitting in January and all..... it shouldnt though, because Im planning to swim alot and with all the site seeing will be walking alot and then in the heat I more than likely wont feel like eating loads and even if I do go over and dont count I know, because im on ww so long and truely believe I have been "reeducated" in regards to eating I wouldnt dream of eating what I used to, make any sense?

Well done 3lbs off!!!!!!!!
Have a brilliant holiday - im looking forward to reading all about it when you get home.

Ax

Thanks a mill girls :grouphugg:

oh thank God Marie, you get excited about food shopping too? thought it was just me!!! ... :rolleyes::D

Am going to Puerto Rico! Saturday just cannot come quick enough - but as I said, have loads to do first - think the break will do OH good though and to be honest am wrecked myself... Well needed!!

Ooooh have a lovely time you lucky thing!
Glad to hear the diet is going really well! Well done on losing 3lbs that's excellent! it's great when people notice isn't it, you must feel so proud and too right as well as you've done fantastically well!!!
Another one here that gets excited about food shopping! I'm going to do mine tonight so I've got wine for tomorrow :D
xx

just realised its nearly 6 weeks since I updated this!! sorry, I know Im such a disaster!!! - am just bumping it so I dont loose it altogether and will promise to write a big update later... xxxx hope your all doing great x

I know! its about time I updated this!!

First and foremost - A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL - I HOPE 2008 BRINGS YOU ALL YOU WISH FOR!! XXXX

I have so much news I cant remember it all - I really must keep a better handle on this diary of mine!!

I was looking at a photo today of me on Christmas day last year. Ok, I have to admit it, there really is a huge difference. Id love to put up the photo, as embarrasing as it is for you all to see in comparison to this years Christmas day but I dont have it electronically and dont have a scanner :( might try get my hands on one.

So, to sum it up at this stage - I started ww at 18 stone :eek: last April. Im now 12stone 7 pounds (as of last Tuesday) I was a size 20, am now a size 12. The difference this has had on my life, in every aspect, is just unexplainable.

Im going wedding dress shopping on Saturday. Completely freaking out - wanted to have more weight gone but you need to give at least 6 months for them to order it in - I am 1 stone 10 lbs away from goal (have changed goal from 11 stone to 10 stone 10) but anyway, I wont order on the day (thats if I even like something), will go back in about 6 weeks (will really have to work for those 6 weeks), order at that size and im sure the alterations will sort out any further weight loss.

Started really wedding planning now as Im no longer getting married "next year" its this year!!!! (August) Am fairly organised, sorting out alot of the requirements and legalitys at the min and since I want to make the invitations (I know Im mad) will have to make a start on these shortly. Did the budget and finalised the guest list the other night - OH is still crying :D

Shannons in great form, Santy went crazy on her this year - shes getting really really funny and really chatting now - she told me last night that "once upon a time there was a boooootiful 'ickle girl called Shannon and Barney said lets go for a walk in the woods, Shannon so they went and met Baby Bop for coffee......" - its just so lovely to see her little imagination working!!!!

House is coming on (still slowly but surely) its a "proper" house now - roof is on, windows and doors are in - I can turn the key in it now which is a really strange feeling. Loads to do yet though - plastering, plumbing, electricity, septic tank, carpentary.... etc....

Anyway folks, I hope life is being good to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wow Nikki what a magnificent amount of weight you have lost! And an August wedding to look forward to!!

Keep up the good work!

xx

Wow Nikki you are an inspiration - what a life change!. Post the pics I would love to see them!

Ax

Back