Nikkis diary

Your goals sound great Nikki but personally Ive tried to avoid dates on my goals. I set myself a goal for my parents Ruby Wedding in Sept and wasnt quite making it, instead of focussing on the great losses I was having I saw things as a failure because I wouldnt have lost X stone by 2 Sept. I decided then I wouldnt 'do dates' I think we're all under enough pressure to stick to a diet without giving ourselves extra.

Having said that, thats MY opinion and feelings on it, possibly other people might find the opposite & find it helps spur them on.

Just bear in mind if you DONT reach a specific goal by the date you set DONT see it as a failure, you have to look at the bigger picture and see how brilliantly youve done

Sandy and Marie - do you know, I think you both are dead right - especially that point about your goal for your parents anniversary Sandy - You could not be any other way than amazingly proud of all you have achieved yet I can completely see how that goal of loosing x amount before a date would make you focus on failing rather than all you were achieving.

Yep, Im convinced - Im gonna change them now. I know I still have a date but thats my wedding day and Im sure almost 7 months is plently of time to loose just over a stone and a half (never thought I would be saying that!!)

Thanks so much for the advice girls, and for taking the time to think about it for me xxxxxxx

So, I think Ive been fairly good - Im paying back the pizza by saving 4 tonight as planned. I have 2.5 left that I can eat (leaving the 4points to pay back) so am going to have half a bag of kelkin low fat (microwave) popcorn later - a huge bowl and will keep me munching for a good while so wont feel deprived.

So, was thinking today - I might start putting up on here what I eat each day. Although it will be embarrasing (the AMOUNT of CRAP I eat) the reasoning behind it was so "newcomers" could have a look, if not very certain of points amounts in things and get a few ideas. Ive been doing this for so long now Ive discovered some yummy stuff so am thinking it may help out?? - (even though I tend to eat the same things for a week or two, get bored with that go on to something else soooo it may seem very repetitive) it will also help me stick to it as Im showing myself up if I dont :D good/bad idea?

Ill start with today, (bearing in mind its a "dry" day as I HAVE to save 4 points for my pizza blunder and am only eating 17 a day)

11am
2 slices of brown bread 2
butter 1
Jam 0.5

(countless cups of black coffee with sweetner - used to take milk but as I dropped points could think of better ways to spend 2pts per day and made myself like it)

1pm
Just a smoothie!! :eek: had LOADS of errands to run on lunch break so tomatoe (0pts) carrott (0pts) and orange (loads so 2pts worth)

6pm
(sssttttaaarrrvvvinnng by now)
230grams (cooked) of pasta with nearly half a jar of Healthy Living pasta sauce.
6pts

a (full size) crunchie 3.5pts

(planning on having (as said above) a half a bag of kelkin, low fat popcorn later - 2.5pts)

4 points saved

oh and drank 3 litres of water..

Hello girls and boys!!

Hope you are all well this evening!! ITS FRIDAY!!!

So, my quest to pay back the points seems so be working out - God does anyone else find it so, so hard to pay them back??? I dont like saving them at all but find if Im saving for a treat to look forward to, I dont mind. This way Im saving but getting nothing back for it!! (Ive already had it!!!) if you know what I mean?

So, today:

Drank countless cups of black coffee with sweetner 0pts
1 sugar free red bull 0pts
3 and a half litres of water 0pts

2 slices of brown bread 2pts
butter 1pt
jam 0.5pt
(I have this EVERY working day - dont have time to eat in the mornings so have this as breakfast at 11am with the girls in work so, you'll see a pattern.. :))

lunch - 6 chicken nuggets from McDonalds 3.5pts
a diet coke 0pts

when I got home I had 2 huge sandwiches:
4 slices of weight watchers bread 2pts
2 tins of ww tuna, mayo and sweetcorn 2pts
lettuce, tomatoe and scallions 0pts

Am going to cinema now in a bit and am going to have a:

Medium popcorn (which is huge) and a diet coke 6.5pts

Total used: 17.5pts 3.5pts saved (paid back! ;))

Hope you are all well!! xxxx

Thanks girls! x

Oh Marie!! it'll get worse!! wait until you see! - One week I decided I wanted a bag of chips from the local takeaway - I had a bag of chips and a crunchie every night for THREE evenings :D AND the funny thing is that because this was what I was having for my tea each evening, I was able to save 4pts a day for a dominos pizza at the end of the week lol! :rotflmao::rotflmao: (and then I went on to loose 2 pounds)

Oh I know Im so unhealthy! but its the only way I wouldnt feel deprived and fall off it. I was just reading your diary and your so, so good at having your healthy dinners - wish I was a bit like that. Shannon has her healthy dinner in CMs so shes ok and OH does all the cooking in our house (he points some of them for me, bless him) but I dont think hes as strict with the points as I would be and I think most of the time its a little over so generally I just end up picking and picking...

Hi Niks

I think its great that you are still showing us that you can eat 'real' food and still lose the weight!

You are such a fab inspiration to us all chick!

xx

Ha ha ha Marie, I always feel paranoid when Im eating with OH! I feel like he looks how much is on my plate then sits thinking 'she will never lose this week'!

LOL xx

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: thanks girls!!! he he. I know - I have the worst diet in the world!!

Hi folks!!!
Well, I wasnt on last night - had to go to bed at 7 oclock with the worst migrane ever!. The only good thing about that was it stopped me from eating more during the night :D cos Im really trying hard to pay back those points.

Yesterday was lovely though, the 3 of us went "house" shopping (thought it would be the best time - January sales), we ended up buying our stove for the kitchen from a place recommended by my uncle and saved.......... THREE THOUSAND 200 EURO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: ok, its obviously a different stove that the first one I was gonna buy but its way more gorgeous and does exactly the same thing (heats 15 radiators).

As we have no where to store them at the minute, we put deposits off a few bits like our fridge (a huuuuge american style bosch) etc.. so they will store them until we want and we get the sale price because of time of deposit.

So, yesterday I had:

2 slices of ww bread (toasted) 1pt
2 slices healthy living cheese (melted on top) 2pts
mustard 0pts
2 ww choc chip cookies :D 1.5pts

6 chicken nuggets from McDonalds:D (rush again - drive through) and diet coke 3.5pts

a healthy living minute steak 2.5pts
loads of mushrooms and onions 0pts
(all fried in 1 cal spray) 0pts
4 slices of Healthy living garlic bread 4pts

a crunchie :D 3.5pts

18 pts used - 3 paid back!!!

Do you know - Im finding this really good, I dont think I would bother paying the points back if I wasnt writing everything in here - I think I would have great intentions alright but think Id end up leaving the pay back. Writing in here makes me pay them back....

Hope you are all well!!!

nikki your menus are sooo like mine lol i love the fact i can eat "normal" food on this plan, yesterda i had. Mcds happy meal, a takeaway chicken kebab, some bon bons, 2 jelly snakes lol, some jelly, a ww yog, no point soup ( see can be good ) crisps, and a hot choc lol

Thanks girls!!!!!

am laughing at Kirstys diet too - do you know we could go into business together??? :D Good idea Marie! a "junk food diet" (kirsty, are you on for that?)- HAS to be a winner!! ;):D - I have to tell you, cant remember what I had last Tuesday but on Wednesday I had a chicken blt in Burger King (8.5pts) about 5 digestive biccies, a few bags of crisps and a whole dominos pizza. I eat SUCH rubbish :eek: I know its terrible but its the ONLY way I would and have stuck to the diet - that I can eat what I want, it keeps me going and not feeling deprived!!!

Thanks Marie, I am finding it really hard to pay them back as I said earlier - when your saving for something its fine because you get a treat at the end - this way Im getting nothing!! (already had it!:D) that'll teach me to do it again.

and Thanks Paula - its lovely to think that someone is interested enough to ask me to keep putting them up!

(your all just having a good laugh he he!!!!)

Hi folks!!,

So, today I cleaned solid for 3 hours so Ive my house all organised for the week ahead, Shannon and I also jumped on the bed for 20 minutes (I know, Im such a child) so Im sure I got a little exercise in!! :D

Delighted now as I have everything done and can just relax for the rest of the night with this book I cant put down.

So, today I had:

60g (the recommended 30g portion is just too small!!) of Special K with chocolate and strawberries 3pts
milk 1pt

OH went to into town and brought me back a 6inch sub from subway - toasted cheese and steak with lettuce, cucumber, onion and english mustard (yum!) 6.5pts

This evening I chopped up loads of lettuce, tomatoe and scallions really tiny, 0pts
mixed with extra light mayonaise and salt (really yummy if you havent tried it!) 0.5pt
and made huge sandwiches with 4 slices of ww bread 2pts

am packed now!! am going to have a crunchie later (for a change :D) 3.5pts

So thats 16.5 used, 4.5 paid back!!! ( I know, I should only save 4)

Oh, so delighted to have them all nearly paid back - only owe two after tonight and Ill definately manage that tomorrow cos Im working all day and that will prevent me from picking!! woo hoo!!

Hope you're all doing well!.

What am I saying!!, I only owe 1 now!!! oh lovely!!!! :):):):):)

Back