Nikki's food diary - mainly red / green

n3blo

Hi and welcome to my diary. I have been doing slimming world on and off for 5 years and managed to maintain my weight pretty well. The past 2 months have been very hectic for our family and it has resulted in meals going out the window and living off chocolate, crisps and other rubbish. This has resulted in me putting on a stone!!

Any way, we are off to the states in 3/4 weeks time as our little boy is very poorly and going out there for treatment. However we will be out the for 10 weeks and feel I need to get a grip on my eating habits for the next few before we go. A food diary will allow me to really track what I am eating.

Thanks for looking and any advice will be greatly received. It has been a long time since attending a group.

Nikki x

Monday 4th November - Green day

Breakfast:
28g porridge made with 210ml skimmed milk - Hex B & Hex A
1tsp golden syrup
banana
tea

Lunch:
Missed lunch today as LO had hospital appointment

Dinner:
Pasta with home made sauce:
tomatoes
peppers
onion
garlic
tobasco
1 rasher of bacon with all fat removed.

Snacks:
grapes
muller light greek yoghurt

Tuesday 5th November - Red day

Breakfast:
Porridge 28g with 210ml skimmed milk - Hex A & Hex B
Grapes
Tea

Lunch:
2 eggs scrabbled
mushrooms
tomatoes
spring onion

Dinner:
1 x slice wholemeal bread toasted - Hex B
2 x poached eggs
3 x bacon all fat removed.

Snacks:
1 biscuit
Muller light greek yoghurt

Wednesday 6th November - Red day

Today hasn't quite gone to plan as we went to a friends house for lunch. I tried to be good but I crumbled :-S

Breakfast:
Grapes
Kiwi
Muller light greek yoghurt
Tea

Lunch:
A selection of meats
A small piece of cheese, I didn't weigh but i would say 30g - Hex A
A small amount of tear n share bread - I should have avoided this
Carrots, cucumber and dip
Grapes

We then had lemon tart, I couldn't resist and had a small slice, but then had vanilla cream on top - oops!!!

Dinner:
I've not eaten anything tonight as feeling full from lunch, although I have pork that has been in the slow cooker all day so might have some of this later on.

Onward and upwards for tomorrow - its just one day.

Thursday 7th November - red day

Things are going to plan again today. Have spent the morning carpet cleaning in preparation for our time away, the morning has flown by but it has stopped me snacking.

Breakfast
28g porridge with 210ml skimmed milk - hex a & b
1tsp golden syrup - syn
Tea

Lunch
Lean beef steaks served with large salad
Muller light Greek yoghurt

Let's hope the rest of the day continues well. Making hubby's curry this afternoon then movie night with the little boy :)

Last edited:
Friday 8th November - red day

Breakfast
Missed breakfast this morning as little one had to be at hospital early again :-(

11.00am
28g porridge made with 210ml skimmed milk - Hex A & B
1tsp golden syrup - syn

Timings are all out so missed lunch

30g cheese with pickled onions - Hex A

Dinner:
Chicken (cooked in the slow cooker yum) and Bacon with salad. The rest of the family had home made curry with chip shop chips, it was hard to resist but I did it :)

Really needed chocolate tonight and even though I went to the shop to my the husband wine, I came back with no chocolate!! Regretted that choice at midnight!

Last edited:
Saturday 9th November - Green day

Breakfast:
28g porridge made with 210ml skimmed milk
1 tsp golden syrup

Lunch:
Took the boy to cinema and met friends before hand. They all had McDonalds and I was being really focused and didnt touch it! They then all had pick n mix but I just got a diet coke.

Dinner:
I really should have eaten something earlier as I started getting ravenous and that could have been dangerous.
Jacket potatoe
Baked beans
30g cheese
side salad

Will be having a muller light greek yoghurt later on and maybe a highlights too.

Back