Ninja Pro's food diary

Great to hear it's all going well. Keep it up;)
Xx

Friday 1/07/2011

Well the day started off pretty good! But after lunch, I started to get shakey and weak and vomitted! :cry:

And slept most of the late afternoon away!

The rest of the day and into the evening I felt weak and tired and decided not to go out for a power walk with hubby. I did feel somewhat better after dinner, but still not quite right. I added bacon to my salad to get some salty goodness. Seems to have helped.

I actually suspect that I'm dehydrated, I drink tons of water but I think my electrolytes are imbalanced. I did a bit of 'googling' and seems its a common thing on this WOE while your body is adjusting to the changes. This could be the cause as I do workout and arent taking full potassium, magnesium supplements. Also I did get very dehydrated when I refrained from drinking the other day before I used my first ketostix! I checked my multivits and they dont contain any significant amounts of pot, mag or sodium. Well none to be sneezed at.

I'm not worried about it too much, I will make up a rehydration solution this morning- 2tsp of sugar and 1 tsp of salt to a litre of water. I know I'm not supposed to drink sugar but it wil be diluted and it helps the electrolytes get ingested quicker. (Drs in 3rd world countries use it for diarrhea patients)

On a brighter note: woke up this morning weighed myself and appears I've lost another 1 1/2lb. Probably all the water I've lost LOL ;)

But it felt good looking at the scale and seeing 145lb for the first time in YEARS!! Even if it will go back on when I sort this little problem out!! I LOVE lying to myself! HeHeHe! Cant wait till I get to the 9stones! I might pass out!!

Everyone is saying how much slimmer I look, and also how much brighter my complexion is! :D

Breakfast :1 scrambled egg

Lunch: 95g Sirloin steak
1 sausage
Large salad
Cube of blue cheese
Mayo
Olive oil

Dinner : x3 roasted chicken thighs with skin
x2 bacon
large salad
mayo
olive oil
lo salt

snacks: I really needed something sweet, been craving (TOM coming up) so I drank a little double cream!!
Also have started to add to my coffees, since late evening.
Cucumber

Totals: Fat: 107.3g =70%
Pro : 92.1g = 28%
Carbs : 7.5g = 2%

Hopefully today will be a better day!

Does sound like it could be de hydration or low blood pressure. Dh has been doing atkins with me and doing a lot of gym workouts. He had same problem at start We decided he wasnt having enough water before and during workout. Once upped he had no more probs. He also refused to take any supplements at all!

Also at one stage he wasnt hungry and didnt eat enof - do track yourself:)

Hi,

yeah I track everything and because of this thirst I've been drinking minimum 3L a day and about a litre or more when I've been working out! Im constantly refilling my water bottle!

It does sound like dehydration doesnt it. Its funny cos my husband is also following the plan and he's had no probs at all! And working out the same amount. BUT he only drinks bottled water...maybe theres a clue cos I just refill mine from the tap lol

Back