no longer a quorn virgin

Loser85

Gold Member
Had the cottage pie for tea, absobloodylutey gorgeous! Even better as i know there wasnt going to be any gristle etc either. Was such a shock for my taste buds and only 200 cals for the meal. I added micro veg and a wee drop gravy. Nom nom. Will be trying the sausages tomorrow.

I love the cottage pie, it's gorgeous!

Am not a fan of the sausages any more, they've "improved" the recipe and am not as keen but A hint for cooking the sausages...don't over cook them or they'll go really dry.

I make my own cottage pie using the mince and it's really nice too.

Tempted to try with the mince as well now. Just bought as a ready meal cos it was on offer in asda. Will be trying the full range i think.

Looking at the quorn website and there is a lot of recipes. Easily adapted for dieters too. Mouths watering :D

Yeah they're great for the green plan, especially as they're so low in fat. A few of the things are quite synful...the pies and cornish pasties (all of which are amazing!) are far too high to try whilst doing SW. The quorn fillets in batter are lovely at 3 syns each. Have a nose in the syns forum, there's a whole thread dedicated to the quorn range listing the syns.

http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/186817-quorn-syns-list.html

Thanks but im not doing slimming world lol :D Im a slim fast-er.

Will be trying the pies and pasties in time. So long as they arnt too high in fat or cals im set.

Loser, the mince is lovely you just need to make sure u add flavour to it otherwise it can be a bit bland.....that said the hubster cant tell the difference in a spag bol between normal mince and quorn!!!!

The sausages are yummy too, i always have them in the freezer (they are on offer in iceland atm for £1 a bag).

Sometimes is nice to have a 'meaty' meal thats not too heavy ! Xx

Stephie77 xxx

Totally agree with the heavy meal thing. Was really full after the pie, but not to the point of being comatose lol.

My daughter is a fussy eater and seems to be against meat. (shes 3). I wonder if she'd eat quorn. Will maybe try it over the weekend with her.

I just chuck as much flavour in as possible!! It tends to absorb them really well.

Top tip - A teaspoon of marmite mixed into any sauce really gives it a beefy taste.

My dad is a die hard meat eater and anti 'any of that vege stuff' but didnt bat an eyelid when i fed him my quorn spag bol .........i bet ur daughter would be ok with it.

lol xx

Stephie77 xxx

Hope she'll eat it. Tis a wee bit worrying that she wont touch meat though.

To be honest i was kind of skeptical about it before i tried it. Am now a convert especially as its so low in fat and cals. Tempted with the burgers as well, especially as theres no nasties in them.

Back