No loss at ALL

trying_healthy

:(:confused:

Ive never had a problem losing weight before, especially starting off.
Ive started off on the road again with a healthy diet full of the right foods, keeping strictly to my calories and my exercise routines.

But I lost no weight whatsoever this week?
I am also drinking tonnes of water every day but I didn't shift anything at all.

Anybody have any advice or info as to what I should do?

I'm no expert but I know from speaking to people in the past that often taking exercise when we're not used to may not mean you will see a sudden weight loss straight away - you're body tends to go into fight mode and clings onto the calories as its not used to the change in what you're doing. Another thing could be water retention.... I've bought tablets in past to help my system.

Are you recording your daily food in a diary or on MFP? And also do you know how many calories you burn when you take exercise?

I'm no expert but I know from speaking to people in the past that often taking exercise when we're not used to may not mean you will see a sudden weight loss straight away - you're body tends to go into fight mode and clings onto the calories as its not used to the change in what you're doing. Another thing could be water retention.... I've bought tablets in past to help my system.

Are you recording your daily food in a diary or on MFP? And also do you know how many calories you burn when you take exercise?

Hi, thanks for your reply!
Yeah i record my food daily, im basically doing the exact same thing I did last time I lose weight.

BUT, and this is a little embarassing, after weight in yesterday I did a full day water cleanse and drank three litres, and this morning im 4 pounds lighter :eek: so I think I jumped the gun a bit and I have actually lost weight.

4lbs is great! This may sound daft but when you say water cleanse, what does that mean?

Basically just drinking a lot of water during the day and before bed, im not sure if 'water cleanse' is the correct term but it helps you shed any excess water weight to give you a more accurate reading on the scales!

Basically just drinking a lot of water during the day and before bed, im not sure if 'water cleanse' is the correct term but it helps you shed any excess water weight to give you a more accurate reading on the scales!

Ahhh! Now you've said it makes sense, thank you :) x

To give a reason:

When you exersise, especially if it's new to you, you tear muscles (thats how they grow and get stronger), therefore in the repair process you're body needs water, to cushion the injured muscle until it's fixed - water weight.

Hence the sudden drop in weight. Your body will have repair the muscle and had no need for the excess water and boom! scale movement.

Have done my weigh in today and ive gone back up 2 lbs somehow :confused:

Ive stuck strictly to my diet and have been eating fibre and drinking loads of water so it must be my true weight. very confused as to how I could have put on weight. I expected a 2-3lb loss this week :(

It happens to us all - when I look back at when I lost weight from my heaviest (a few years ago) there were quite a few weeks when I lost nothing, sometimes 2 weeks together then the 3rd week it would catch back up.

Your weight can fluctuate from one day to the next so try to stick to once a week at the same time of day and similar weight clothing.

I drink 3l of water a day, every day to stop water retention.

It can take a couple of weeks for your losses too start showing especially with exercise thrown into the mix. ...

Give it a couple of weeks and I'm sure you'll see fantastic losses.

Try taking measurements and photos too...I do this once a month and can see the changes there too x

Thanks guys, weighed in today and recorded a loss, so have decided to change my weigh in day to Thursday as I should get more accurate readings.

Well done, I weigh in a Thursday to give me a chance to recover from any treats at the weekend! !!

Well done, I weigh in a Thursday to give me a chance to recover from any treats at the weekend! !!

Thats exactly my thinking! I tend to have a few drinks and a meal out on the weekend and generally become less strict for the two days so Thursday seems the ideal weigh in day :)

Back