No loss in first week, feeling gutted

@cerebralchasm I find that I get the best losses when I incorporate a lot of different beans and pulses in my diet. In vegan, so don't eat meat and eggs anyway, but I definitely notice the difference if I make chilli and spag bol with lentils. I also add chickpeas to pasta salad and curries too.

Don't feel disheartened. As @DinoDana says, although small weekly losses can make you feel like you're treading water, they all add up in the end!

@Destiel I lost 5.5lbs!! Thank you for asking.

So so happy to leave group with a spring in my step rather than in tears. I used to always feel like having a treat on weigh in night but I didn't even feel like it last night! Staying on plan and with my goal in mind - hoping for 1.5lb loss this week for a half a stone badge! Thanks for your support xx

Thank you both for your encouraging words :)

I have bought a larger range of veg and will do another shop over the weekend and look at beans and lentils that I can add. I'm really enjoying the way Slimming World dieting works and am very happy with what I am eating.

Well done @SRB! It takes real strength to stick with it when you have a disappointing start. I know what you mean about the treats. I get chipper on the way back from WI, got home this week and didn't really fancy them.....still bloody ate them though ;)

@Cerebral Chasm I enjoy SW too, and always lose weight slowly but surely on the plan. I've never been a target member though, and this time I really want to get there so I can still be held acountable but not have to pay a fiver every week, lol.

Thank you all for your kind responses. After the disheartening loss of only 0.5lb in the first week I lost 3.5lb in the second week and another 3lb in the third week - I also got my 1/2 stone sticker and certificate :) I'm finally feeling happy and feel I am on my way to a slimmer me :) :) :)

Your food diary looks ok to me. What's your water intake like?

Awk i wouldn't get upset over it, some have a big loss on their first week, others take a while for their body to get used to it. You also say that you are doing a good bit of exercise, don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat. Stick to it for a few weeks and i'm sure you'll see great results.

Have a chat with your consultant about body magic ;)

Also, not to be too blunt, but a ladies time of the month can really effect your results.

Back