No loss this week! Need an Expert!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Lilly, 16 October 2007.

1. Lilly

Lilly Well-Known Member

Hi guys

Am mortified weighed in last nite and have maintained! This is wk 6 and the first time that I had an occassion I had to attend. I am on 790, so with the advice of my counsellor I had some carbs and chicken before I went out on Saturday nite (I had rice and chicken). Had 3 pints of lager&lime (yes I will always be stuck in 1989) and that was it. Sorry for the detail but I did actually puke so thought that was a good thing! In my head that's 1 small blip out of 7 days would that really affect an entire week of VLC dieting? My Counsellor said it was because my glycogen stores would have been refilled? I'm not sure about the science. I dip in and out of ketosis confused can't believe the peeks and troffs with this diet!! Any1 shed any light for me......
  2. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

I would agree - glycogen is like a sponge in that it holds 3x it's weight in water.The rice and alcohol would convert to glycogen.

So drink plenty of water - stick to 790 100% and next week you'll have a really good loss! Good luck.
  3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Hi Lilly,

When you introduce carbs on a vlcd it is like turning on a tap...

Going by what you say you have eaten and drank I would think it is mostly water your holding onto.

The sugar from the drink would of entered your blood stream instantly so puking does not make much of a difference to the calorie intake.

1 pint of larger is about 230 calories, a good dash of cordial 10 calories or there abouts.

The fact the scales did not move is much better than seeing a gain.

As it is mostly glycogen and water you should see a drop in the scales next week if you stay on the plan.

Alcohol is a real no, no on this diet and as you see it has thrown you out of kilter this week.

Love Mini xxx
  4. skinnymonkey1day

skinnymonkey1day Well-Known Member

5. xkarina24

xkarina24 Well-Known Member

Like others have said at least you have not put any weight on, you will soon lose the pounds again. I am due out twice this weekend I intended on doing the same a meal plus a few drinks, if I don't put any weight on then great!
    I don't get to go out much so I will enjoy and get back to SS on Sunday.
  6. Lilly

Lilly Well-Known Member

THANKS for your time guys! Its just sooo annoying that the slightest change cocks it all up!! Aaaagh!!! Onwards and upwards an all that. Have a good week.......! :wave_cry:
  7. Dobbie

Dobbie I will get to goal .....

Chin up Lilly - you're doing really well. Just stay focused this week and you'll be jumping around next WI I'm sure. You can do it!!!
  8. Lilly

Lilly Well-Known Member

Thanks Dobbie! What are we doing eh?! Going pics 2nite with my skinny friend, a can of coke zero and my bar!! Mental isn't it!!!
    Mini likes this.
  9. Sussex Girl

Sussex Girl Well-Known Member

Lilly don't let a zero loss put you off. I didn't lose anything last week either, but this week I lost 5lb. I think my body was trying to catch up as I'd had good losses the previous weeks.

The little 'blip' you had could easily have been enough to stop a small weight loss.

Good luck for this week :D